Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need a few testers, please.

Discussion on Need a few testers, please. within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Need a few testers, please.

**HUGE UPDATE (10/18): All Beta positions have been filled. Thanks so much to everyone for your participation and support!!**

Hi there everyone. =)

There's a team of 4 of us who have been working on our server, Shaiya Haven, for a few months now, and we think we're almost ready to launch into a closed beta testing phase. That's why we come to the awesome people on E-Pvpers for help. ^^ (And please excuse my low post count, this is a generic advertisement account specifically for the server's release )

First, feel free to head over to our website at to take a look around, and check us out!

Within the next week, we'll be finished touching everything up. Once that's done, we need about 12 people, one person for each class, to come try everything out for us. Everyone who volunteers should pick and play their favorite, strongest class, so they can test every aspect of skills, drops, gears, builds, etc, and tell us exactly what's going to fly and what's really not.

We worked really hard on this server, striving toward one major goal: Balance. Between the OS feel and the rewarding p-server experience. Between PvP players and PvE ones. Between awesome attack power and good defense, too. Between players who get a head start and those who find our server much later down the line. For every action taken, there is an equal or greater opposite reaction- and we've striven to take that into account to make sure everything balances out seamlessly.

Here's a little bit about the server, in case you're interested in testing for us:
  • Full Ep5 with lvl 70 cap, custom "jumped" skills to account for low-level pvp, and max lvl 7 lapis.
  • Roughly 30x exp rate, to bring back that nostalgic OS grinding feel. Remember making friends, getting excited about drops, and actually having fun with other people while you leveled?
  • Everything from OS included: abs lapis, debuffs (only lvl 6), lapisia (90%, [1]-[20]), even nos (minus conc/ss/blackart, and KOs are only in Ice Cream form, and rare).
  • Stocked up, free Item Mall with cool packages.
  • All maps working, with ROTC to be released at a later date. Colonies are open now though, and drop end-game gears.
  • Lots of custom stuff: accessory sets, armor sets, leveling gear, fortune bags, re-colored sets, and lapis (nothing crazy like "Epic God of Thunder Lapis of Doom!", just bumped stats, and different eles).
  • Every drop grade and every mob drop has been fully overhauled- literally NOTHING that's not useable drops on this server.

We're focused upon and dedicated to providing the full experience to free-to-play players. Our donations page on the item mall is entirely made of things that are farmable in-game. We are determined not to sell greatness, or to ever become a pay-to-play server. We are free players, and we cater to free players, so don't fear greed from us, or inability to get things from farming. Hard work is rewarded here. =)

As of now, we have two full sets of 12, and so we are closing "registration" for Closed Beta, at least. A huge thank you to all our volunteers, who are going to help us perfect the server and make it even BETTER for the public Grand Opening in a few weeks!

Also, we have a concrete "opening" date! This Friday, October 21, at 10:00 am PST (GMT-8). In the next few days I will be sending out info to volunteers for the client and accounts, so everyone please get Skype! lol

Thanks so much for reading! We hope to see your happy faces running around our server soon. =D
Thanks
9 Users
Old 10/14/2011, 16:03   #2

Backlink approved... best of luck to you and your server
Old 10/14/2011, 16:25   #3

Thank you! We've worked very hard for quite a long time to get where we are, and now we want to share it with everyone. And by "everyone", I mean 12-24 select testers. xD

Of course we also want to get the word out there that we're on our way! Be seeing everyone soon, I hope. ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2011, 19:34   #4

Well thought out and prepared. Good luck with the beta testing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2011, 19:39   #5

Yeah, alot of "rush" servers have been popping up lately, mostly completely run from Hamachi, and they all fail within a week cuz they have no idea what they are doing. It's good you've taken the time to actually work things out (which i feel is the best way to do things, specially if it's your first time Developing) And the idea of beta testing with that ammount of players seems, fair and well thought about.

So again, best of luck to yourself, your team, and your server
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2011, 23:20   #6

Well thought out and you can clearly see you guys have taken the time to go over every little detail so i say good luck to you and your server
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/14/2011, 23:39   #7

Very much so, on the Good Luck! Seems you want to take your time to do it right. That's nice.

Very good drop list, very well-rounded and non-cluttered. Well done.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2011, 01:41   #8

I can't thank everyone enough for all the positive feedback. This is our first venture into the pserver development world, and I will admit that I've been quite nervous about how the community was going to react to yet another new server popping up. I can assure you though, that if there's one thing we're not, it's one of those slap-dash "I cna be a dev to, hur hur!" servers that take donation money and walk.

I've gotten some PMs expressing some concern about typically necessary items (such as Lucky Charms) that are not listed on the droplist- sorry about that. In my excitement I forgot that not everyone can magically know what's in the Item Mall. Haha.

It includes all the basic necessities, absolutely free of charge- LCs, Res Runes, the 7-day package for new players... in fact, I'll just take some SSs and post them up on the site. =)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I truly hope we can be a server anyone can love, if only through a completely un-corrupted, professional, totally welcoming atmosphere. You have to work for what you get on Haven, but in the end that just makes all your achievements that much sweeter, right?

See you all in-game. ^_~
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2011, 02:46   #9

Received Thanks: 1,066
For everyone that has read even a few of my posts you know I'm a very critical person.
I love to voice my opinion and I can be very hash about it. Don't plan to change unless truly needed :P
I must say though after looking through your drop list and everything..
I really love how you set things up here. Nice job o.o seriously.
One of the few servers I've looked at and gone "that's somewhere I'd play for awhile"
Good luck on this one. Don't let it fail like most servers have.

On a side note I think your site needs a bit more artistic flare XD
Sorry needed to add a comment like that lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2011, 05:55   #10

I am deeply pleased by your compliments, Snuggle. ^^ We're going through the drop list tonight to make a few minor corrections, since that was a slightly outdated version. We worked really hard to make sure that everyone would have a chance to farm everything they needed- technically, if you want to, you can stay off any pvp maps until you're 70 and in fully linked 65+ gears. The rates are just significantly lower on pve maps. Higher reward for higher risk, right?

As for the website, I'm a firm believer in minimalism. The site is functional, pretty, and gives players information they need- they should be in the game, not gawking at the shiny, shiny website. xD

Speaking of the site, I posted those Item Mall pictures in case anyone wants them. There's a new page, here: .

Thanks again for all the positive comments and interest, guys. It really means a lot to me after all the work I've poured into making a server that *I* would actually enjoy playing. =)

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you soon.

**EDIT: I'm so happy to see people volunteering to try out the server for us. All CB spots have been filled, but even those who aren't testing, feel free to spread the word, too. We'll go live in a few weeks for everyone's enjoyment! ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2011, 12:09   #11

Wonderful Staff & Very well planned out drop system. Actually enjoyed hearing about this server and have wanted to play since. Hope you all have as much enthusiasm as myself and lets play an actual great server after CB of course ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2011, 23:26   #12

Very conservative drop list. But very well managed.
Not over-cluttered with drops, and yet the needed drops are easily attainable in PvP AND PvE locations. So you're not FORCED to go into PvP zones to gear up if you don't want to.
Shouldn't have many/any issues farming and getting KS'ed, because any given drop in a map drops from all mobs on that map (except boss drops, obv), not just one or two.

Great dev team, friendly staff.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/16/2011, 00:37   #13

I am absolutely staggered by the positive feedback we're getting just based on the site and information we can give out online... just wait until you get in game! It's even better. =D

In other news, all open classes have been filled. Closed Beta is now... closed. lol Thanks everyone!

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone in-game in a few days. Thank you all so much for being so enthusiastic about our little brainchild. We really hope it can be a server people can settle down in and call home.

See you all soon!
Old 10/16/2011, 03:23   #14

hear because I can not download?
links do not appear
Old 10/16/2011, 04:03   #15

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
You certainly need to read....It is a closed "beta" in which they just need one person per class....Read the whole post before making this kind of questions
Thanks
1 User

Tags
ep5, haven, new server, p-server, shaiya