Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What do you want to see from a server?

Discussion on What do you want to see from a server? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old 10/14/2011, 20:05   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,066
I have a huge imagination lol
One of my greater gifts *cough*
On a side note the real answers I'm looking for is where to put things.
I have a really good idea for where things should be added and how things are going to be planned out.
Like I said though I do want player input. After all you guys are the ones that will be playing the server. I'll just be running it and playing around sometimes :P
I believe the key things in the game should be open to all. While the greater things should be a challenge.
I'm not one to go "Ohhhh hey this can get me money"
Money is nice but not my main care.
I love building things and seeing people happy with what I've built. To me that's my money.

Anyway I'm not some random person dressing up to play dev for a week.
I really care about making a quality server instead of something to get money I made in a day.
I plan to add everything because if I just add things here and there in the items list I start having a lot of areas lack drops.
Which if anyone has seen me work I'm really OCD about having every map and area have a use if possible >.>
It gets boring if you only need to go to four places to get everything.
Where if you start adding more things in it takes longer to get everything and overall increases the reason to truly farm.
Then start adding some level caps to places.(only works with a slower exp rate)
Not to fed/kh or CL/FL but to places like CT and d water.
Making different level toons have a purpose.
Which will then increase the longer play time of people.
I know slow exp rates are boring. Yet why are they boring?
It's not because it's slow. It's because there isn't much to do.
On OS the leveling was fun with friends and alone sometimes because you got things as you leveled.
You got bored but once you got a better weapon or armor to farm with it wasn't boring anymore because you hit harder and could take more hits.
So I have a plan for all that as well :P

(yay walls of text! Yet it's not useless **** o.o)
Old 10/14/2011, 20:38   #17

How does Debuff add strategy in anyway shape or form? People just make a debuff stick and spam it... Then how fun is it to be stunned,slowed, silenced, sleep etc all at once? lol Not very imo. There is no strategy in Shaiya PvP, i'm sorry. It's a very basic PvP game. PvE on the other hand does require strategy, "If!" people would stop making there servers with 40k HP 3k att etc w/o editing the bosses stats as well.

Quote:
Evo sucked in my opinion because there was ONLY three things to do: pvp, farm bosses, farm FBs.
What else is there to do in Shaiya rly? Two of those are the two main features of any MMO...

As for no staff.. that's what a ticket system is for which evo had but poss hardly took care of it imo. Just because there isn't active staff in game all the time doesn't mean there can't be event's, direction, updates things of sort. Really there shouldn't have to be event's everyday to keep peoples attention if so something is wrong. The game should hold there attention.
Old 10/14/2011, 20:59   #18

If you throw yourself at them of course you will get stunned and all that ****.
Yet if you work together telling the fighter to go in and stinger him, while the archer attacks from afar, and the the priest dispells if needed.
That right there is tactics. So once again you are incorrect about it being a very basic pvp game.
People have turned it into a basic pvp game with all these crappy instant pvp servers and ill placed drops of pvp items.

There is quite a bit more to do in Shaiya actually. Just most people leave those things out of it.
I was using events as an example. Of course they shouldn't be held everyday.
Yet they should be there. They grab peoples attention and bring them together.
They are meant for fun and a break from the main game.
Events can be ANYTHING you want them to be. Just need an imagination.
That's what can make them so great and fun.
The ticket system sucks no matter how you do it.
emails take FOREVER to read through and most the time it's just complaints about something stupid.
Having staff in game is a very good thing and should always be done.
That way issues can be handled on the spot if needed instead of having to send a ticket.
Plus having an active and fun admin/gm always tends to help in game with peoples moods.
I've always been a very active person in game no matter what my staff position was.
I would always make people laugh in trade or randomly move to someone just to say hello.
Things like that let people know the staff actually cares about their players instead of just leaving them to do whatever.
It gives people a sense of having someone to go to if they have an issue and know it will get solved.
It makes them happy to know they have someone watching over the game that not only knows what they are doing but will also take care of issues in game.
Old 10/14/2011, 21:19   #19

Debuffs can be used from a Def/Gaurd using curse which is a ranged skills.. Mages/Pagans Aoes ranged skills, Hunters/Archers Ranged skills. You sit there an think while your being debuffed/roflfacestomppwned lmao. PvP doesn't work how u think, sure if u get wiped and u sit back for 20 minutes thinking of a plan.. then maybe but how fun is that? I know this game very well as I played it since Dec 06... it is a VERY VERY basic PvP game. You obviously haven't played many games out there... but that is either here or there.

Whats the difference if you have active staff dealing with issues or a ticket system/forums? Things still get delt with and actually ticket/forums are 110% better because people can post there video/ss. In which a live case you can not & the issue ends up going back to the forums/ticket system anyway... Draining peoples time even more.

Being a community, people should want a fair/clean game play. There fore they should help keeping it that by reporting such acts that violate it. The community keeps a server way cleaner/fair then any amount of staff... granted staff are the final say/muscle but, without the community reporting such issues the staff are clueless 80% of the time.

Anyways.... lol I don't wanna high jack your thread here and imo a great server is such
Quote:
I want Shaiya back simple. All these servers with mod's, Ubber stats/HP, Custom Gear/Skills/Maps/Lapis... Thats not what Shaiya is & it's the main reason I quit the game. A Simple mid/high rate server that still brings all the features of the "Original Shaiya" back & still allows PvP.
Old 10/14/2011, 23:41   #20

I know how pvp works.
I've played many mmos.
No matter how simple the pvp system can be you can still use tactics and work together to actually make a difference.
Up to you if you want to throw yourself at people and just spam keys.
You keep missing the point of what I'm trying to say so I won't explain any further.
If you aren't happy with the way I make a server simply don't play.
Old 10/15/2011, 00:32   #21

Okay, on a P-server, power lapisia are almost NECESSARY (I do agree, no def lapisia, just make them sac a slot for abs lapis(es) if they want absorb.

The reason powers are necessary is because on OS, without ubers to take down bosses, they can take HOURS to do! And this is with 12+ players at once.

On a pserver, getting 12+ players together, to take down a boss that will only drop 1-2 items... people aren't willing to do that. Everyone wants everything for themselves, and honestly, even those of us who DON'T mind not getting all the drops get irritated when, having spent 3 hours to take down one boss... when Lapisias could have made it take 45 minutes.

Other than that, I agree wth Snuggle whole-heartedly.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2011, 02:00   #22

Honestly I would love to see another server like rebirth. Don't care which EP it would be. And UVUC's suggestion to no defense lapisia would be nice. I just like the 'insta' pvp setup whereas you can start right when you download and be equal like everybody else. (Aside from rank) And also the ability to do bosses that are hard/difficult to get a somewhat slightly better set of gear/weapons. (Maybe 10-20 stats more in general) And a staff that's fair and know's what they are doing.

Now to actually find someone willing to do the setup that rebirth had and make the changes without throwing in their own little 'creations/ideas'. That'll be the day. :P
Old 10/15/2011, 02:40   #23

I notice people want instant pvp servers while others want more of the leveling type of server.
Trying to add both of those in one server does NOT work well.(I've tried lol)
One thing I did notice though on my last server once I applied my instant leveling script we lost more people than we gained.
It might have been due to the bad choice of staff. Not sure
Yet a lot of people did complain about the instant leveling.
They said it brought in more lazy people who want to cause drama.
Which I really do agree.
I'm really thinking about the leveling side because it goes better with the drops I have planned.
Where the no leveling eliminates the need to actually get drops as you level like I have planned.
Another downside to instant leveling is the fact that people have less of a want to farm as well as have less respect for their toons.
Meaning they don't get that feeling of "I leveled this toon and worked very hard to get it to where it is now".
Those of you that played OS remember that feeling once you hit 60/70.
You don't get that sense of accomplishment on instant servers.
Also leveling servers tend to keep the annoying problem starters out :P

I'm not sure the path I'll take with this server yet. My ideas always change.
I'm completely open to logical suggestions 100%
I still plan to throw everything in game no matter what though.
How I apply those items is a whole different thing though lol
Old 10/15/2011, 13:50   #24

I agree with your thoughts about the instant leveling.. it tends to bring more "trouble starters" in, and also people dont have such respect for there characters, they usually have 1 of every type of character and never really "master" 1 class.

Where as if you take the time to actually level yourself, and build yourself you get an "attachment" to that character, as well as actually learning how to play it properly.

The leveling servers have always been my favourite to play, i find them the most enjoyable, but my favourite part of shaiya is the pvp and top bosses. (as i'm sure it is with the majority of shaiya players) The exp doesnt have to be super fast, so you hit top level in a day.. but you dont want it so slow that it's almost OS grind. I say 3 days to reach top level (2 if you really push it) is a nice ammount. It gives people the time to learn their characters, and to actually get the gears as they go.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2011, 11:57   #25

a few suggestions;
- leave out sonic lv2 lapis, otherwise one of the assassin/ranger buffs is useless.
- however much you raise the experience rate % raise the gold % the same amount otherwise your players will be starved for gold for quite some time. it's not fun to hit max level and have less than 1mil gold.
- keep cash donation items to fluff items only; rare mounts, appearance change, etc. do not let players buy gear, stats, lapis or anything of that sort it very quickly ruins any semblance of balance
- drops(this is gonna be a bit long)
First things first, remove all drops that have no use. by this I mean all trash items that do not go into enchants or quests.
Most servers have random lv1 mob drop all kinds of uber gears, this is not a way to create an mmo that will last. Make people work for their gear. Some examples, 1-15 pvp gear have the mediocre pieces drop from the map1 low level dungeon and the better pieces drop from the sub boss and boss. 20-30 pvp gear the canta dungeon same deal dreads and what not from the **** mobs, legends from the boss. 40-60pvp items(I believe that's what you said you wanted for d-water) make dreads drop from normal mobs in map1 lv40ish dungeon first floor, second floor drop legends, and bosses drop goddess(troll/dragon/boxes). Ruber chaos(and whatever the light side equivalent is) very similar to lv40 dungeon with higher rates as you go deeper the gear gets better. and so on and so forth for 61-70 pvp

also I worked on quite a few muds over the years as the gm in charge of balancing drops/stats if you would like some help just send me a message and I'll give you some hints or suggestions
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2011, 17:02   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
I know how pvp works.
I've played many mmos.
No matter how simple the pvp system can be you can still use tactics and work together to actually make a difference.
Up to you if you want to throw yourself at people and just spam keys.
You keep missing the point of what I'm trying to say so I won't explain any further.
If you aren't happy with the way I make a server simply don't play.
You ask for the community's opinions & you reply with this? Not a very good start to your campaign if you ask me.

I understand 100% what your trying to saying, but, no matter how much you try to add strategy to shaiya's PvP 75% of the time it will fail. You clearly don't understand what I'm saying here. It seems you are stuck on your mind set and not open to others opinions like you asked for.
Old 10/16/2011, 17:58   #27

Look at what you have said here and you will understand why I said that.
I've very open to suggestion but not to someone who sees things in black and white.
Old 10/16/2011, 18:08   #28

If you have ever actually played a proper pvp server in shaiya you wouldnt be saying that adding strategy to pvp is a fail.

nearly 100% of the time, strategy wins in PvP, Teamwork = strategy.
I've seen full raids killed by 1 party cuz of strategy, and you cant say it was all gears, cuz they had EXACTLY the same gears, and lapis.

But as Snuggle said himself, he's not asking on your opinion of PvP, he's asking for peoples opinions on drops.
So end of basically.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/17/2011, 15:54   #29

That is my opinion.... I don't understand why u can't understand that really. I gave my opinion on a server as well. Which isn't that far off from what Snuggles said except a few things. I gave my "opinion"....

Quote:
If you have ever actually played a proper pvp server in shaiya you wouldnt be saying that adding strategy to pvp is a fail.
I have played pretty much every pserver ever made starting with Euro... I can see people in this thread know each other & will stay in there little "group" so I will leave the thread at this. DO NOT Ask for Opinions if you can't accept how others see things...
Old 10/20/2011, 09:44   #30

I see alot of servers have issues when at first they were a leveling server, then later on turned into a insta serv. That ruins it for the oldies and they end up leaving for another serv, while new players come in and ruin it. I'm just looking for a pure 'rebirth' style server. Everybody gets 70, lapis/gears/enchants and anything else from itemmall and they can go to whatever pvp zone they want and dish it out. Rebirth was a big success with that until the problems with staff showed up. Divine is also good in that sense, but with all the 'new' stuff and staff issues they seem to have over there, it's kind of made it an unplayable place for quite a few peeps.

While I do know the achievements with leveling servers, they tend to stick around since people want to work for their gears/lapis and whatnot. But some take it too far with the donations of *** links, or gears in itemmall that can only be bought with cash. It's a cheap/costly way to 70 and the best items ingame.

Everybody wants something different, so it's hard to make it perfect for anybody. :P