Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Updating ingame items

Discussion on Updating ingame items within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Updating ingame items

well i didn't find an answer for this. so i'm asking.

when i do sql files from shtool. that only update items you don't got yet. but lets say i update lvl 70 armor, that don't effect the stuff you have on and stuff already in your wearhouse. is there something out there that do this? so i don't have to do it manualy to 3000 chars and so on he he..
Old 08/22/2011, 12:42   #2

As far as i know the SQL queries generated from ShStudio do change the items already in existance ingame.... but you can try run a "update" query for the char.items table, check through the stored procedures or something
Old 08/22/2011, 12:51   #3

Received Thanks: 1,286
What doesn't it update? The base stats? That's not stored in anything but the Items table...
Old 08/22/2011, 13:02   #4

yes the base stats. like on a weapon if i change a weapond from 15 int to 15 str, weaponds already in the game don't get that update..

is there a way to do that? and if yes. how? he he
Old 08/22/2011, 13:06   #5

You sure you're running the query properly?

base stats are only defined in that item table. (as far as i know)
so if you have changed it in ShStudio and you're using the new generated query.. it should completely remake all the items (including base stats) cuz it uses a "truncate table" command which wipes it clean before doing anything new.

Like i said before, in my experience. Existing items do "refresh" with the changes i make with that query.
Old 08/22/2011, 13:20   #6

Received Thanks: 1,286
Server sided is absolute. The ONLY way in game items wouldn't change stats, is if you didn't update the sdata. Even then, if the item was reloaded, or the server was restarted, the server would still recognize the weapon as having 15 str.

Check the CharItems and UserStoredItems table. Nothing in those tables to hold the data for base stats brah.
Old 08/22/2011, 13:33   #7

ok. mabe something wrong then. mabe something i missed. going to check again..
Old 08/22/2011, 21:52   #8

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svinseladden View Post
yes the base stats. like on a weapon if i change a weapond from 15 int to 15 str, weaponds already in the game don't get that update..
of course it will.

looks like you didn't fully understand what information is carried by the item type (visual info & constant data) and what is user specific (orange stats, lapis & enhancement)

also looks like you haven't done a basic try btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper4513 View Post
Like i said before, in my experience. Existing items do "refresh" with the changes i make with that query.
of course, in a lot of cases the generated script deletes all items to re-create all of these, but the few ones modified, with exactly the same information.
a smaller script with the minimal number of update would be possible but won't have significant advantage over such full recreation.
mainly because if several updates of the item.sdata are done until the next DB update, the soft (and the end user, you) will have to manage several update files with possible mix of insertion & update.

a editor that updates the DB as soon as an item is changed with its tailored editor should send an update request to the SQL server but rel. 0.7.2- are not connected to the DB.
Old 08/22/2011, 22:10   #9

like i said castor. "mabe something wrong then" becouse some said there stuff still hade the same. so i now know better. and i learned even obne more thing i wasen't 100% sure of..
Old 08/23/2011, 08:01   #10

I still have yet to come across a problem with ShStudio that wasnt caused by my own stupidity :P

So chances are you are doing something wrong somewhere if it's not working the way it's meant to (cuz why else would it work for hundreds of people and not you?)

read the guide, do things step by step, making sure you dont miss anything.. It's slow and labourous, but imagine if you had to actually think for yourself and do it without shstudio :O :O end of the world! :P
Old 08/23/2011, 09:33   #11

well stuff was...i hade ppl that said stuff didn't update. and this time i didn't have time to check everything my self before i did it. and this was just like a dubbel check thingy. but it did work the first time too. but like i said. now i learned that one too. :-)