Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New PvP server?

Discussion on New PvP server? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New PvP server?

there's enough farm-your-***-off servers out there. but not many pvp based servers. ive played all of them from extreme evolution to SoE and unknown.

they were all good but were shut down from hacks or corrupt staff etc.
I dont know anything about making a server but if i did id make a pvp one cause a lot of ppl just want pvp and not a farm all day server.
Old 05/02/2011, 22:46   #2

AGREE!!!! but ...no1 know how too maky a good server...for pvp..they want just money...i can donate if i want wtf...make a freakin good pvp server WITHOUT lag and then i donate too keep server up...not for your kids.!!! [ADM] dumbs..!
Old 05/03/2011, 05:10   #3

You really only have the right to say that once you are an admin. No matter how much you try you will never know the feeling of being an Admin and OWNING a server.
These servers tend to not last long, Utopia's never do.
Old 05/03/2011, 20:06   #4

I agree with Linxis, players give admins and dev's so much BS, but fail to realise how difficult it really is at times. You can't please everyone, no matter how much work you put out, no matter the "good" intentions you have, there is always someone or more that will give you sh*t and even find a way to bring you down. Keeping an open, calm, and collective mind as a GM/Dev/Admin whatever is very hard to do. Some just can't handle the pressure, others abuse their power when 1 person disagree's with them or doesn't like an idea. I have read so many tutorials from here teaching myself trial and error until I understood it. Don't forget that we as Dev's put our own personal time into these servers just as you would donate to keep them up. Getting just anyone (you don't even know) to be a dev, is such a 'bad" idea. Literally. I stay a 1 man dev and I can do every position needed to keep a steady kind server running. Sure there is always more for me to learn, always gonna make mistakes but we are only human and for the one's who make servers for the love of the game, whom actually wanna make a server the way it should be will help and aide each other out. But let's be cryptic about this, pay 2 win servers won't make the cut anymore, the more (90%) free servers will overtake the others as long as they can keep good moral ethics and respect to themselves and their players. Greedy GM's **** me off considering how many of their players they let down so they can "get a quick fix".

So if you wanna make a good PvP server, teach yourself and learn every aspect of everything that needs to be done, so in case you get some power hungry idiot, you can feel good knowing you can do the job alone if need be...sorry for the long rant lol
Old 05/04/2011, 01:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pider View Post
I agree with Linxis, players give admins and dev's so much BS, but fail to realise how difficult it really is at times. You can't please everyone, no matter how much work you put out, no matter the "good" intentions you have, there is always someone or more that will give you sh*t and even find a way to bring you down. Keeping an open, calm, and collective mind as a GM/Dev/Admin whatever is very hard to do. Some just can't handle the pressure, others abuse their power when 1 person disagree's with them or doesn't like an idea. I have read so many tutorials from here teaching myself trial and error until I understood it. Don't forget that we as Dev's put our own personal time into these servers just as you would donate to keep them up. Getting just anyone (you don't even know) to be a dev, is such a 'bad" idea. Literally. I stay a 1 man dev and I can do every position needed to keep a steady kind server running. Sure there is always more for me to learn, always gonna make mistakes but we are only human and for the one's who make servers for the love of the game, whom actually wanna make a server the way it should be will help and aide each other out. But let's be cryptic about this, pay 2 win servers won't make the cut anymore, the more (90%) free servers will overtake the others as long as they can keep good moral ethics and respect to themselves and their players. Greedy GM's piss me off considering how many of their players they let down so they can "get a quick fix".

So if you wanna make a good PvP server, teach yourself and learn every aspect of everything that needs to be done, so in case you get some power hungry idiot, you can feel good knowing you can do the job alone if need be...sorry for the long rant lol
oh man you need to make SEX and fast...
Old 05/05/2011, 16:06   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linxis172 View Post
You really only have the right to say that once you are an admin. No matter how much you try you will never know the feeling of being an Admin and OWNING a server.
These servers tend to not last long, Utopia's never do.
Agreed 100%. You never, ever will get or fathom the kinda pressure Dev's are under when it comes to trying to walk the line of pleasing everyone to the degree that is within the realm of possibility. It is not possible to please every 100%, nor can it be attempted, and for people to expect that is wrong.

Utopias do get boring quick, the only ting to do on these is PvP, when theres no pvp what then?
Old 05/05/2011, 17:38   #7

Received Thanks: 1,066
a pvp only server is only half a game...thats why they die quick. its not called an MMORPG for nothing(massively multiplayer online role playing game for those that dont know xD) role playing = leveling your character and making it your own. you cant really do that on a pvp only server...
the reason why there is so many "farm your *** off servers" is because thats the point of an mmo -.-
if you dont like that you shouldnt be on this game in the first place.
and about the dev thing
i completely agree with that players give gms so much **** its hard to run the game
but a lot of gms tell the players things that they cant do in order to keep players around...
then those things never get done and the players keep nagging at the gm to do it
which causes more and more issues...
Old 05/05/2011, 20:11   #8

ok lets make normal server...and nobody gettin uber because...10 friends of GM 10 of ADM 100 donors have GM stats,haha....
Best server was Nova...there all ubers from OS all nubs with $ died...because of good ADM/GM...was nothing with $ there...for stats.....nova was a real server..
Old 05/06/2011, 14:03   #9

shadow, what you shouldnt forget is that there are ppl which wants PvP servers. you cant take it as a rule to have to farm/lvl. it is possible to play this game without lvling and farming, and its still fun. at least for some persons. maybe not for everyone, and this might be the reason why there are so many farming servers out there, but some ppl like it how PvP servers are

okay, the thing with 'what if theres no PvP' is a little problem on such servers, but tbh, i never had that problem on rebirth. i always had to do something^^ at least questing^^ (the Jewel armor quest is really worth to be done, even if it is a PvP server ;D )
Old 05/06/2011, 21:44   #10

Need a farm/PvP server but easy farm like SoE. Since 70 gear was released, everyone wants to play only on servers that its somewhat easy to get 70 gear. So please someone make a pserver. If you need help with a droplist with rates pm me. Pretty much all I can do till I go to school for game programming. >.>
Old 05/06/2011, 22:15   #11

I can make a pvp server if someone can be the hoster, also need at least 1 or 2 persons with knowledge about database.
I think isnt just me but thousands of shaiya players that want a server like rebirth. Since Alladrios close it many people left shaiya another ones stay a litle bit more but nothing new and left to, if this keeps in this way shaiya will die soon. People get sick of leveling and farming, all they want is pvp so lets give it.
We can make the ultimate pvp server we just need get a good team of devs and a bit of hardwork.
All devs that want join this team pls pm me, lets make shaiya reborn again, lets pvp
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/06/2011, 22:29   #12

My database is safe and Shaiya Rebirth Evolution will come back to life.

Some News:

In one week i'll be able of working on the server again so everything will get back to normal rather fast hopefully. Moreover i'll keep a progress bar updated.

There will be a few changes of course, i wont say more for now though.

Bear with me and keep in mind i never expected to go through so many problems while i was trying to focus on my professional life.

Take it easy you all.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/06/2011, 22:57   #13

can you make it ep4?....if you want add 70 armors for (who like em) i dont but ...i want ep4 i miss a good ep..pvp...or w/o enchant just [10] weapon lapisia for fun :O....i'll donate tons...just make a good ep4 ; unkown the best server i've see but staff mhm..they failed...look on unkown..they got nice ppl but all quit bcz of GM's etc...GS...so we need 1 server same like unkown with good GM's...Gs (watchin for hackers) thanks
Old 05/06/2011, 23:08   #14

nope ep5
Old 05/07/2011, 11:13   #15

eroz, he shouldt change too much, or it wont be Rebirth

and alla, i wish i could give you 100 thanks, sadly i can give you only 1 (