Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Email warning!

Discussion on Email warning! within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old 02/07/2011, 21:05   #31

elite*gold: 0
Hmm, i wonder why Nemesis hasn't received one yet either. We feel left out too! I've had a case of open relay a while ago which i solved for a big company, but the source ip will not be the server that has the open relay, but the source of the email. In this case the header should have contained the information of the one that sent the email directly, which in this case is Kalle. Unless someone broke in his computer/laptop and sent it from there, through the open relay to all hosters that got the email, i got no other solution.

Well, that's just my theory, correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 02/08/2011, 03:53   #32

Imo, and it is only my opinion. I still believe in Innocent until proven guilty. But... Given the evidence i would have to agree that Kalle does look good for this one. However, lets remember that if we are wrong and we shun them or go all out against him then not only are we becoming as bad as the real hackers and probably playing into their hands but, we could be making a new enemy.

I've had a hacker recently access my computer and attempt to delete all my databases... They looked through and infected everything, even my system files. Which has resulted in me having to use a rental computer until my hard drive is completely replaced (should get my computer back tomorrow) But the first place they looked is where i had all of my old server files when we were trying to get a back up on my computer. They knew exactly where to look. Luckily all the server files are not on my computer at all, i can understand why people would think they are though because i'm the active one of the team on epvpers. Go figure.

I mean, idk if this is the same thing or if someone just hates me. But if it is the same then please i urge everyone to create back ups of not just their server but of everything because i almost lost everything when i was hacked.

If Kalle did do this then shame on you and all that, but remember, if we completely shun this person and turn against them, and they turn out to not be the person not only are we as bad as the hackers themselves by shunning them. But we are also creating fear against eachother, people act weirdly when scared. We don't want more enemy's and we're all worried that one day AGE/Hackers or Sono will really take down servers for good. But while we can, we should be stressing all options before we point fingers. Yeah, it looks bad, but only HE knows if he is telling the TRUTH.

The truth is what we all want.

I think this is one of the nicest posts i've ever done so.... shush, i promise i'm not going soft....

[GM]Angel
Old 02/08/2011, 06:28   #33

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by missesme View Post
Imo, and it is only my opinion. I still believe in Innocent until proven guilty. But... Given the evidence i would have to agree that Kalle does look good for this one. However, lets remember that if we are wrong and we shun them or go all out against him then not only are we becoming as bad as the real hackers and probably playing into their hands but, we could be making a new enemy.

I've had a hacker recently access my computer and attempt to delete all my databases... They looked through and infected everything, even my system files. Which has resulted in me having to use a rental computer until my hard drive is completely replaced (should get my computer back tomorrow) But the first place they looked is where i had all of my old server files when we were trying to get a back up on my computer. They knew exactly where to look. Luckily all the server files are not on my computer at all, i can understand why people would think they are though because i'm the active one of the team on epvpers. Go figure.

I mean, idk if this is the same thing or if someone just hates me. But if it is the same then please i urge everyone to create back ups of not just their server but of everything because i almost lost everything when i was hacked.

If Kalle did do this then shame on you and all that, but remember, if we completely shun this person and turn against them, and they turn out to not be the person not only are we as bad as the hackers themselves by shunning them. But we are also creating fear against eachother, people act weirdly when scared. We don't want more enemy's and we're all worried that one day AGE/Hackers or Sono will really take down servers for good. But while we can, we should be stressing all options before we point fingers. Yeah, it looks bad, but only HE knows if he is telling the TRUTH.

The truth is what we all want.

I think this is one of the nicest posts i've ever done so.... shush, i promise i'm not going soft....

[GM]Angel
You make a lot of sense, but with evidence put forth against him, some will say he is the hacker, and some will say he isn't, I got accused of being a hacker and people were just like "thread starter fails" and everything, it's all a matter of trust, there are several things this could be, people trying to take down other servers for more players for their own, people just doing it for the hell of it (people with no lifes), but you gotta think, there has to be some sort of goal in here, nobody is going to just start slowly taking down servers for no reason, there has to be some sort of initiative, I really really badly want to know who the hacker is, but I can guarantee, if he/she/they, continue, they're gonna be discovered, but what's bugging the crap out of me is.. what's the initiative?
Old 02/08/2011, 16:54   #34

well the messages are still comeing out with that Ip in the header. at first i freaked then i stepped back and took little pros advise and opened the header and there was :

Message-ID: <B9A4A6D269034FDEB405A03F47685DE3.MAI@home>
Received: from wvps83-169-13-233.dedicated.hosteurope.de ([83.169.13.233] helo=CT32091.home) by server4.alwayswebhosting.com with esmtp (Exim 4.69) (envelope-from <>) id 1PmCnw-0006Dg-Dk for ; Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:10:00 -0600
from CT32091 ([127.0.0.1]) by home with MailEnable ESMTP; Sun, 06 Feb 2011 23:09:50 +0100

it has the same ip, and i done some digging in the forums and found a thread where there was one of Pandora Shaiya staff members was accused of going around hacking servers to shut them down . well i think in a round about way alot of them are connected and they come back to Shaiyaner shaiya , but i hope these kinds of works stop and we all pull together. Because together We Stand , Separate We Fall.
Old 02/08/2011, 19:11   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo19800 View Post
well the messages are still comeing out with that Ip in the header. at first i freaked then i stepped back and took little pros advise and opened the header and there was :

Message-ID: <B9A4A6D269034FDEB405A03F47685DE3.MAI@home>
Received: from wvps83-169-13-233.dedicated.hosteurope.de ([83.169.13.233] helo=CT32091.home) by server4.alwayswebhosting.com with esmtp (Exim 4.69) (envelope-from <>) id 1PmCnw-0006Dg-Dk for ; Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:10:00 -0600
from CT32091 ([127.0.0.1]) by home with MailEnable ESMTP; Sun, 06 Feb 2011 23:09:50 +0100

it has the same ip, and i done some digging in the forums and found a thread where there was one of Pandora Shaiya staff members was accused of going around hacking servers to shut them down . well i think in a round about way alot of them are connected and they come back to Shaiyaner shaiya , but i hope these kinds of works stop and we all pull together. Because together We Stand , Separate We Fall.
jo I have to give quite
Old 02/10/2011, 06:19   #36

Nova server got one too?
o.O
Server is down...and i can't get any info because the forum was down and still down 1 month ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[And sorry, i know that this isn't the thread, but i want to know if there are some relationship into Nova, Rebirth and Shadows of Etain, because 1 week ago, all the GS's went crazy advertising these p-servers...In general chat. I can't understand why a GM can allow that. If someone got any info i'll really apreciate. The server got a massive loss of players, plus, I don't know if this is an attack or an administrative order.]
Old 02/10/2011, 09:06   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriezOMG View Post
You make a lot of sense, but with evidence put forth against him, some will say he is the hacker, and some will say he isn't, I got accused of being a hacker and people were just like "thread starter fails" and everything, it's all a matter of trust, there are several things this could be, people trying to take down other servers for more players for their own, people just doing it for the hell of it (people with no lifes), but you gotta think, there has to be some sort of goal in here, nobody is going to just start slowly taking down servers for no reason, there has to be some sort of initiative, I really really badly want to know who the hacker is, but I can guarantee, if he/she/they, continue, they're gonna be discovered, but what's bugging the **** out of me is.. what's the initiative?
Jealousy? Greed? Maybe they tried to create a server and failed. Maybe its an old employee or AGE that thinks its their right. Could even be just because they want to. Sometimes people dont need a reason to make people unhappy, they just enjoy watching people scatter. Thats why we shouldnt be rallying against eachother but instead rallying with eachother.