Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Runescape > Runescape Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Runescape Private Server *Need Help*

Discussion on Runescape Private Server *Need Help* within the Runescape Private Server forum part of the Runescape category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Runescape Private Server *Need Help*

Hey guys,

Recently me and my friend decided to setup a runescape private server just for some experience in team development and how things work in Java mySQL etc, there are three of us working on this project and we're all A-Level computing students with a basic understanding of networking/programming and system design. Some of us have even had past experience with servers, but we are all stuck at this one point.

We are working with a 317 ProjectInsanity source/client, since we haven't purchased a VPS yet we are using Hamachi, I made a network on hamachi and both my friends joined it, I then went into the source and editied the server.java to my hamachi IP. I also then changed the client.java ip to the hamachi IP and gave it to my friends to log into. But when they goto log in it just says 'error connecting to server' around two seconds later.

The server is up since I ran the server.bat/run or whatever it is and it comes up with a .cmd screen saying connected to port. I can log in but my friends can't. My anti-virus was also disabled for this process and my ports are forwarded.

Any ideas will be greatly apprichated!
Old 10/23/2011, 06:46   #2

elite*gold: 100
not to sure but, do you have a firewall enabled?
Old 10/24/2011, 08:30   #3

If you make the server VPS, Demon GamingNZ can help you maintain your server and game just email us at:
Old 11/04/2011, 14:20   #4

Hey, it's because you're using hamachi. Read carefully.

Your Hamachi uses 1 IP. If your friends join your Server they got the same IP like you. That means, the server thinks you are trying to log in with more then 1 Playacc.

Get a no-ip addres.
Old 11/27/2011, 07:51   #5

Also you have to change your port u turret is the easiest why to do that