Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Rappelz 3D Map Viewer

Discussion on [Release] Rappelz 3D Map Viewer within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] Rappelz 3D Map Viewer

Here is a pre-release of a 3D map editor which for now allows only viewing a map (nfm files).

After having opened a map (button "Open map"), you can move inside with these keys:
  • E/Up arrow : foward
  • D/Down arrow : backwark
  • S/Left arrow : left
  • F/Right arrow : right
  • C : down
  • Spacebar : up
  • Shift : camera speed x10
  • Right mouse click : change camera angle (like official sframe, hold right click and then drag the mouse)

I used ESDF keys instead of WASD / ZQSD as I haven't configuration stuff ATM and ESDF keys are always at the same place on the keyboard.

It's also possible to change directly coords.
X, Y and Z values are in game units, Pitch and Yaw are in degrees, MovSpd is in game mov.spd. stat unit (as in character window)

1 MovSpd = 0,476 coord unit / sec.

I propose several attachment as maybe not all files are needed, and it might be slow to download (especially maps and textures).

With all files, you need to have that:
- RappelzMapEditorGL.exe
- vertex.glsl
- fragment.glsl
- terraintextureinfo.cfg
- QtCore4.dll
- QtGui4.dll
- QtOpenGL4.dll
- textures\ (folder with all DDS files mentioned by terraintextureinfo.cfg)

Map files can be anywhere.

If using all zip files in attachment, just decompress them all in one directory.

I tried to use Ogre as I said in older posts, but ended with 27 FPS when viewing a map completely on the screen (being above it). Beside, these numbers are for linux, on windows I had 5 fps at best, with the same configuration as the 27 FPS on linux I had less than 3 fps. So it was unusable.

Now I am using directly opengl, and I have (with the same configuration as when I had 27 FPS on linux) 110 FPS both on linux and windows and almost 0% cpu usage, and I use 40/50 MB of ram without optimization. With the same position as in game (avoiding non terrain objects as I don't draw them), ingame I have 65 FPS and 180 FPS in my viewer, so that's great (at least far better than 5 fps of Ogre) (I have a intel HD 4000 "gpu")

I limit the max FPS currently to 60, to avoid using too much GPU usage, so it's normal if you don't have more than 60 fps.

This tool require opengl 3.0 support, which can be mapped to directx 10 compatible hardware.

Here some screenshots:

A smiley in m010_006.nfm, it can be seen in-game but it's impossible to see that it's a smiley without going high

An unused map, probably a very old one of horizon (there is no salt mine, no arena on the south of horizon):

I found also other maps around m004_00x, m005_00x, m006_00x with x less than 6 (it's almost the whole rappelz map but scaled down, some part have been overridden with actual map)
Attached Files
File Type: zip QtDlls4.8.5.zip (4.79 MB, 889 views)
File Type: zip RappelzMapViewerGL.zip (110.0 KB, 739 views)
Thanks
29 Users
Old 05/25/2014, 03:03   #2

Simply amazing...
Maybe it's the map used when you chose player especially a gaia

So if I understand well the only things you miss for recreated a whole client are animation x')
Old 05/25/2014, 03:25   #3

If I only make a map editor like UnrealEd, animation should not really be needed but rather effects like lights glow, effects around master dungeons, fire effects in katan (with lava fountain). So it's mainly texture panning and particules system features that are needed to implement that. All these informations seems to be in nx3 files.

I am able to read a nx3 and display it in my tool without texture with my DLL I made for blender. It was just a test, I didn't implemented materials.

Many decoration are just static meshes (without animations), so that's not so hard to add, and will make my tool even closer to official client . Next is textures animations/ particules, next bone animated meshes (skeletal meshes), next network stuff, next HUD, next client completed x) (a client emu is maybe easier to do than a bug free GS)

But for now I will stick to the editing feature and features around map stuffs.

About the map, I really think it's old maps, they are not activated, but adding them in the terrainseamless.cfg file allow to show them in-game. But these maps can freeze the client and sometimes show big plants ...

Thanks
5 Users
Old 05/25/2014, 08:28   #4

elite*gold: 70
#Respect
Thanks for sharing mate
Old 05/26/2014, 23:27   #5

great work !

thank you glandu2...

but I wonder if you can add buttom for taking pictures for minimap ??

creating a minimap will be easier by this way as I think *
Old 05/27/2014, 13:18   #6

I have currently (but not released) added a key to switch between perspective and orthographic views, using ortho it's possible to make a minimap (then I used paint to get the minimap)

So I need to add something to save the content of the viewport to a file (without black border if the map is smaller than the screen)
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/31/2014, 17:13   #7

Have you tried loading old Rappler Creer maps? The entire Rappler Creer map is present in Epic 2 before they switched to a high resolution map which is used to today.

The game doesn't load old Rappler Creer maps (models missing or corrupted causes the default model to get loaded which is the leaves that do not have scaling correct). Game also doesn't load high resolution maps after a certain epic (I believe Epic 5 Part 1). They changed some coding in it.

Does your map viewer also load world models like buildings? It doesn't seem to given the screenshots.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/31/2014, 18:36   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain herlock View Post
Does your map viewer also load world models like buildings? It doesn't seem to given the screenshots.
I wonder >>
Old 05/31/2014, 22:53   #9

No it only load the terrain map. I saw about old epic 1 maps, you have the epic 2 client ? In the current official on there are still some of these old maps, in older clients like epic 4 or 5 there are more old maps than current one but some are still missing
Old 05/31/2014, 23:54   #10

Back when I was active in Rappelz Development I had all the old epics except the Rappler Creer (Epic 1) setup files. I'll see if I still have those old development files somewhere and I can upload the Rappler Creer map if you like.

There was also a test map in the Rappler Creer map with one basic deva structure on the upper right if I recall. I tried to force the game to load it but it loaded default models instead and crashed my game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/04/2014, 23:41   #11

bro it's not working with me i loaded nfm but screen still black i have modified x,y,z but still nothing could u help plz
Old 09/05/2014, 22:12   #12

post your file here so i can test it and see what's wrong
also post your graphics card name

Also be sure to have these files in the same folder as the .exe:
- RappelzMapEditorGL.exe
- vertex.glsl
- fragment.glsl
- terraintextureinfo.cfg
- QtCore4.dll
- QtGui4.dll
- QtOpenGL4.dll
- textures\ (folder with all DDS files mentioned by terraintextureinfo.cfg, from your client)
Old 09/26/2014, 03:30   #13

my card is amd radeon 7670m
[edited]
im gonna try to put folder with all dds files then see
i have dumpped it alomst 22000 dds files ..
i think it is supposed to work isn't it ?!
[edited]
finally it's work
i think the application should throw an exception if folder textures does not exists
to warn user about it
Old 06/26/2016, 10:05   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
Here is a pre-release of a 3D map editor which for now allows only viewing a map (nfm files).

After having opened a map (button "Open map"), you can move inside with these keys:
  • E/Up arrow : foward
  • D/Down arrow : backwark
  • S/Left arrow : left
  • F/Right arrow : right
  • C : down
  • Spacebar : up
  • Shift : camera speed x10
  • Right mouse click : change camera angle (like official sframe, hold right click and then drag the mouse)

I used ESDF keys instead of WASD / ZQSD as I haven't configuration stuff ATM and ESDF keys are always at the same place on the keyboard.

It's also possible to change directly coords.
X, Y and Z values are in game units, Pitch and Yaw are in degrees, MovSpd is in game mov.spd. stat unit (as in character window)

1 MovSpd = 0,476 coord unit / sec.

I propose several attachment as maybe not all files are needed, and it might be slow to download (especially maps and textures).

With all files, you need to have that:
- RappelzMapEditorGL.exe
- vertex.glsl
- fragment.glsl
- terraintextureinfo.cfg
- QtCore4.dll
- QtGui4.dll
- QtOpenGL4.dll
- textures\ (folder with all DDS files mentioned by terraintextureinfo.cfg)

Map files can be anywhere.

If using all zip files in attachment, just decompress them all in one directory.

I tried to use Ogre as I said in older posts, but ended with 27 FPS when viewing a map completely on the screen (being above it). Beside, these numbers are for linux, on windows I had 5 fps at best, with the same configuration as the 27 FPS on linux I had less than 3 fps. So it was unusable.

Now I am using directly opengl, and I have (with the same configuration as when I had 27 FPS on linux) 110 FPS both on linux and windows and almost 0% cpu usage, and I use 40/50 MB of ram without optimization. With the same position as in game (avoiding non terrain objects as I don't draw them), ingame I have 65 FPS and 180 FPS in my viewer, so that's great (at least far better than 5 fps of Ogre) (I have a intel HD 4000 "gpu")

I limit the max FPS currently to 60, to avoid using too much GPU usage, so it's normal if you don't have more than 60 fps.

This tool require opengl 3.0 support, which can be mapped to directx 10 compatible hardware.

Here some screenshots:

A smiley in m010_006.nfm, it can be seen in-game but it's impossible to see that it's a smiley without going high

An unused map, probably a very old one of horizon (there is no salt mine, no arena on the south of horizon):

I found also other maps around m004_00x, m005_00x, m006_00x with x less than 6 (it's almost the whole rappelz map but scaled down, some part have been overridden with actual map)
Hi glandu me and one of my friend we was able to read the nf* files & creat a ways to make the map creating real & fast whit some ideas but for the minimap :[ we didnt have a solution but your program was the souloution so just if you can make him read the terrainprop and load them its gonna be something special i know that you gonna found problem whit the animation buts its not a big deal O_O no animitation its not a problem & finaly i think that you gonna face a problem because ther is a values in the terrain prop cfg like 210410 and in the nfm the same prop but whit a other value like this 19001 @^@
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2018, 12:00   #15

elite*gold: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
post your file here so i can test it and see what's wrong
also post your graphics card name

Also be sure to have these files in the same folder as the .exe:
- RappelzMapEditorGL.exe
- vertex.glsl
- fragment.glsl
- terraintextureinfo.cfg
- QtCore4.dll
- QtGui4.dll
- QtOpenGL4.dll
- textures\ (folder with all DDS files mentioned by terraintextureinfo.cfg, from your client)
Bonjour Glandu2

J'ai aussi le même problème que tout reste noir. J'ai tout fait comme tu l'as expliqué.
J'ai une NVidia GeForde GTX 106 3GB
Ce serait bien si vous pouviez m'aider avec ça
merci