Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Failed To Connect to The Login Server o_O?

Discussion on Failed To Connect to The Login Server o_O? within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Failed To Connect to The Login Server o_O?

Hello i was creating my server and i have all done and i created my account admin but always it says Failed to connect to the login server even when i enter something random it's always the same situation
i tried by reboot the server & the computer , and by closing my firewall but it's always the same
Old 06/25/2013, 20:30   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
It could be a port setting.

Or you may not have opened your ports required in Windows Advanced Firewall settings.

Or incorrect .bat launch arguments.
Old 06/25/2013, 20:37   #3

So How can i fix it
Old 06/25/2013, 21:59   #4

Take a look at your authserver.opt and gameserver.opt and make sure your ports are the same as the examples.

Make sure you have opened those ports in Windows Advanced Firewall settings.

This guide has the firewall instructions for the ports...

Make sure your .bat launch arguments are correct for the auth_IP and auth_port 8841
Old 06/25/2013, 22:48   #5

thndr - a simple question from a noob ^^:

Why should you open the firewall?
I always thought the firewall is for network traffic; incoming and outgoing traffic.
But as far as I know localhost is only in-house "traffic".
Additionally I never have had any issues with the firewall.
Old 06/26/2013, 00:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player95 View Post
thndr - a simple question from a noob ^^:

Why should you open the firewall?
I always thought the firewall is for network traffic; incoming and outgoing traffic.
But as far as I know localhost is only in-house "traffic".
Additionally I never have had any issues with the firewall.

I don't connect to my game on local host 127.0.0.1 only.

I run my game across my home network on multiple computers.

That requires opening the ports required for auth and game server traffic.

Also we have not seen the OP gameserver or authserver.opt yet so we do not know if he is connecting local host or not.

I also had to do some tcp/ip stuff in order for other computers on my home network to use my registration page. Yet that is a whole new can of worms.