Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Appreciation

Discussion on Appreciation within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Appreciation

It was so exciting to log in and sort through page after page PAGE of posts (most useless! :P) that charted the daily discoveries and changes made by all of the fledgling developers here on ePvP. There was so much work that had to be done just to log in. There was client after client, daily configuration changes, and a million database tweaks that went into everything that this project is today. Even though it sounds simple, I remember the sheer excitement of a working auction house, something that you no doubt take for granted now! Just discovering the command parameters for buffs or adding items was special.

I wasn't the only one that was a part of what are now just memories. It was a large group of people from different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and motivations. There was fierce competition and drama to be the person with the first fully functional server. The drama is what will always be most memorable to me, which is mostly because I put myself in the center of it (and caused half of it - and truthfully, I don't know why! I'm sorry!) I remember the gossip, too: "Did you hear that person A figured out how to fix feature XYZ?" "WHAT?!?!?! How?!?!" I remember the backstabbing. I remember the disagreements over direction, and the division between well-meaning amateurs and experienced developers. Not all of it was bad, though: I made incredible friendships, and saw many others form unlikely partnerships that flourished. I learned more about myself than I could have ever asked for, and I gained knowledge through the practical experience. I still benefit from that today. However, throughout everything, the patience and passion of people on this forum brought this project somewhere.

And I think that's awesome.

And I'm really proud to look at this forum and see all of the cool things people have done with the hard work everybody has put into this.

I will always have fond memories of the time I have spent here. I'm not proud of all of it, but it is still meaningful to me. There were many people who made an impact on me, and I hope I made an impact on somebody else, too.

Thank you, friends & strangers,

R
Thanks
6 Users
Old 06/26/2013, 05:36   #2

i miss wisp and the whole team they had made up. was a really nice time. :C
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2013, 16:00   #3

Received Thanks: 3,458
Oh, I thougt I closed it already...

#closed
Closed Thread

Similar Threads Similar Threads
Shaiya Epvpers Member Appreciation
05/16/2011 - Shaiya Private Server - 17 Replies
Hi guys I thought that it would be a nice idea to make this thread. There are a lot of members on here who take time out of there day to dedicate their knowledge to the Shaiya Dev Scene, and to be quite honest i for one dont think they get enough credit. Sure theres a thanks button to show your thanks but some people dont even use this they just download the program or file and dont even say thanks. I think that the members who dedicate their time to make working programs and files for us...
[MUST READ] Correct way to Show Appreciation..
11/23/2008 - Cabal Online - 0 Replies
These days,we have observed that most people shows appreciation in a wrong way. replying in forums with "thank you man" is ok but it will not gain anything for the person who sarifice time and effort just to help problems. there are 2things you can do to show your appreciation to the person who helped you in this forum: 1. click "thanks" button at the lower right corner of the post. 2. reply "+1" for the thread starter to have a +1 to it referral (this is if the post he made is...
Correct way to Show Appreciation..
11/23/2008 - Cabal Hacks, Bots, Cheats, Exploits & Macros - 0 Replies
These days,we have observed that most people shows appreciation in a wrong way. replying in forums with "thank you man" is ok but it will not gain anything for the person who sarifice time and effort just to help problems. there are 2things you can do to show your appreciation to the person who helped you in this forum: 1. click "thanks" button at the lower right corner of the post. 2. reply "+1" for the thread starter to have a +1 to it referral (this is if the post he made is...
Correct way to Show Appreciation..
11/23/2008 - Cabal Guides & Templates - 0 Replies
[MUST READ] Correct way to Show Appreciation..
11/23/2008 - Cabal Private Server - 0 Replies