Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

RDB content vs ARCADIA

Discussion on RDB content vs ARCADIA within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
RDB content vs ARCADIA

Hello

I'm in the process of trying to be able to extract the data from the RDB files, and I use what's in arcadia to do so.

However, there seem to be some tiny differences between the content of each of these: there are some things in the database that are not in the client's RDB files.

For instance, I haven't been able to find the associated rdb for tables JobLevelBonus and CreatureLevelBonus. (Using 7.4 server files)

Have I missed something? If not, how do ppl fill the missing data in the DB with a new game version?

Also, I've tried to search everywhere (in the RDBs and other client files I could reverse engineer) and couldn't figure out if the mobs had their location specified in the clients files. I know they're in a lua script on the server, but I came to the conclusion that it was the only place they were. Am I right?

Thanks
Old 03/09/2013, 00:20   #2

Received Thanks: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadkingbilly View Post
For instance, I haven't been able to find the associated rdb for tables JobLevelBonus and CreatureLevelBonus. (Using 7.4 server files)

Have I missed something? If not, how do ppl fill the missing data in the DB with a new game version?
Some of the tables don't have a RDB-file, e.g. MonsterSkillResource. Also some of them have a different name than the table, e.g. SummonResource would be db_creature.rdb, StateResource would be db_tenacity.rdb, etc.

Quote:
Also, I've tried to search everywhere (in the RDBs and other client files I could reverse engineer) and couldn't figure out if the mobs had their location specified in the clients files. I know they're in a lua script on the server, but I came to the conclusion that it was the only place they were. Am I right?
Thanks
Lua & Mapfiles are containing the Mobspawns, but you can also find some in the Database (RoamingPoint, InstanceDungeonMonsterRespawnResource, HuntaholicMonsterRespawnResource).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/09/2013, 04:17   #3

Thanks for your input!

So that confirms what I thought, not everything is in the client; I also figured that the names were not directly the same from tables to RDBs when I tried to find the stats.

What I'm wondering is: how do ppl go to have proper values when there is an update (from 7.4 to 8.1, for instance) which introduces new content? If the content is not available in the RDBs how do they get the right data to fill the new version's database (8.1 creature level bonus for new pets for instance)?

Thanks again!
Old 03/09/2013, 07:25   #4

Quote:
Thanks for your input!

So that confirms what I thought, not everything is in the client; I also figured that the names were not directly the same from tables to RDBs when I tried to find the stats.

What I'm wondering is: how do ppl go to have proper values when there is an update (from 7.4 to 8.1, for instance) which introduces new content? If the content is not available in the RDBs how do they get the right data to fill the new version's database (8.1 creature level bonus for new pets for instance)?

Thanks again!
you can't always get new content's data , it is in some cases only and those cases are when there is a new item , creature , lootpet , and everything that you can get from rdb (PS : people get them from kts rdb)
but if there is a new thing that cannot be implemented by just converting rdb to sql , you can get nothing , as an example in 8.1 there is the new arena system and that could never be implemented without a gameserver that can read the new tables in arcadia and the changes in telecaster's procedures or tables .
As for the creature level bonus , i think you can insert them manually depending on previously inserted data .
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 20:10   #5

Kk thanks a lot!
Old 03/13/2013, 11:32   #6

Post It would be great...

It would be great if I can learn from your experience how to translate RDBs into SQL Tables... I have read all the posts but no one is releasing their .strs file structure (a part from few of them)...

All I was able to find is that these SQL Tables are conntected to these .RDBs:

Code:
SummonResource                        -> db_creature.rdb;
StateResource                         -> db_tenacity.rdb;
Ciao,
Skamorzo.
Old 03/13/2013, 13:34   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamorzo View Post
It would be great if I can learn from your experience how to translate RDBs into SQL Tables... I have read all the posts but no one is releasing their .strs file structure (a part from few of them)...

All I was able to find is that these SQL Tables are conntected to these .RDBs:

Code:
SummonResource                        -> db_creature.rdb;
StateResource                         -> db_tenacity.rdb;
Ciao,
Skamorzo.
to find out the structures you just have to compare values in rdb with it's sql table , very easy (use hex workshop)
Old 03/13/2013, 23:17   #8

Cool Appreciate...

@Strange2010: wouldn't it be nice to collect all of them? Have a look at my post... to see what I mean.

As Xijezu stated: Some of the tables don't have a RDB-file, e.g. MonsterSkillResource. Also some of them have a different names. And some others have more fields than their respective SQL Tables.

I have coded a php <-> rdb interface (compatible with structorian) just to help me out in finding the right values to insert into the right SQL table. The cross-check is the hardest part, to me.

I think that a unified program/interface should:

1. take the rdbs from the client and according to its version:
2. unpack/decrypt them;
3. create the right database table structure;
4. let people play with its content;
5. generate the new rdbs with the altered/added values;
6. encrypt and repack them.

Or just encrypt them and put in the Resource folder.

I know there are lots of tools and programs out there that do part or all the things I mentioned, but:

1. They are mostly outdated;
2. They are partially released;
3. They are too many in numbers.

What about having just one?

That's the main reason why I am interested in this topic, as well as in the one: I need to speed up this discovery in order to concentrate myself in the coding of this unified PHP WEB/Interface.

Ciao,
Skamorzo.
Old 03/14/2013, 02:33   #9

I generally have 4 programs open:
* Structorian -> test the strs/structure of the rdb
* Notepad++ -> edit strs file (you may not need this if you use the c# version, but I don't like the c# version)
* HxD (hex editor) -> best tool to look at the hex content of the file, can be used to search for stuff, etc. )
* MS Sql -> look a the structure of the database/tables, and fetch the content also.

Make sure your RDBs version match the one of the tables in SQL server.

To find the proper table/RDB combination, well often the names are the same, as previously said, but sometimes they're not, as also previously said. You have to figure out. Sometimes 'summon' is used in the DB while 'creature' is used in the RDBs when talking about pets. Things like that. You can also compare size of the RDB with the size of tables in the DB.

Now what I do is copy the table fields in the strs, one by line. Then I check the type of those DB fields and update the strs with the proper types (DB int -> strs u32, small int -> u16, tiny int -> u8, decimal 10,2 -> float, decimal 10,3 -> double, varchar 256 -> str len=0x100, etc.)

Then you need basic sql query writing skills to try and find the first set of data you have found in structorian in the database, then from that you can match the fields with their proper position in the strs; they're often the same. If they're not, you label the name of the srts field UNKNOWN until you find out what it is. Then it's back and forth until you find out all you need. Some DB fields are 'encoded' into u32 bit fields in the RDB so it's another pass of going back and forth until you've correctly mapped those fields.

I don't have any strs files right now but I'll try to post a couple of those I have made soon.

Oh, and as a miscellaneous tip, structorian complains if you have the file opened in HxD as read-write, so I make my RDBs read only before playing with them.

I hope this helps a bit
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/15/2013, 05:04   #10

Here is what I have.

StatResource -> db_basicstat_rdb.strs

SummonResource -> db_creature_rdb.strs

ItemResource -> db_item_rdb.strs

WorldLocation -> db_worldlocation(ascii).rdb.strs

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Lua & Mapfiles are containing the Mobspawns
Xijezu, are you referring to monster_respawn.lua and mXXX_XXX.nfs? Are there other map files?
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/15/2013, 06:04   #11

Received Thanks: 3,458
Quote:
Xijezu, are you referring to monster_respawn.lua and mXXX_XXX.nfs? Are there other map files?
monster_respawn & on_startup (or something like that).
About the maps... I can't remember exactly which one it was, but I guess you're right, it should be .nfs. And yes, there are other map files, but for mobs just the .nfs is important.
Old 03/15/2013, 18:04   #12

Smile db_item(ascii).rdb I found...

sadkingbilly: look at the spoiler to see what I was using instead...

Thanks for your post, it helped me a lot.

Skamorzo.
Old 03/15/2013, 18:39   #13

All right, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamorzo View Post
sadkingbilly: look at the spoiler to see what I was using instead...

SPOILER

Thanks for your post, it helped me a lot.

Skamorzo.
Yeah, with the names it makes more sense :P

That one was a pain to figure out hehe :P

I used 7.4 DB with 8.1 RDB, so maybe that's why some fields are still unknown, but the data in those don't seem relevant.