Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback
You last visited: Today at 20:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Private SRO Advertising | Threads Adjustment Suggestion

Discussion on Private SRO Advertising | Threads Adjustment Suggestion within the Suggestions & Feedback forum part of the General category.

View Poll Results: What do you think about this idea?
I actually like it & would support it. 33 75.00%
No thanks. It's fine like it is. 9 20.45%
That's a good idea, but I have another one in mind (please let me know and post it) 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09/10/2015, 11:16   #16

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
I highly doubt the admins would consider giving any rights to members other than moderators. One of the main reasons being other popular subforums' members 'why do that section get this, and we don't?'.

On the other hand, the informative message that you have to tick before posting a message which includes a link to a thread guide sticky sounds good.

And yes, the 'pay to have your server spotlighted' method got declined a few months maybe even a year ago. It's something that I think would never be introduced because as Wicked said, elitepvpers is based on the free forum model and having people pay to have more views isn't really fair for others who can't afford it (and of course, we then had the argument for 'well, if they can't afford it, it shows they do not deserve to run a server'. IMO everyone deserves a chance .
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/10/2015, 11:36   #17

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
If someone is serious about his server and can't pay (for example) a 5 euro monthly fee to have his server advertised, then he's a gypsy.Sorry that I have to put it that way but I'm sure everyone who has common sense would agree.I for example always had a $600 start budget for any of my projects, sure not everyone has this amount of cash, but to pay a first month with setup for a dedicated OVH server it will cost you over 200 euro, so if that person doesn't have another 5 for advertisement then idk, lets just say its sad.
Old 09/10/2015, 12:14   #18

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
If someone is serious about his server and can't pay (for example) a 5 euro monthly fee to have his server advertised, then he's a gypsy.Sorry that I have to put it that way but I'm sure everyone who has common sense would agree.I for example always had a $600 start budget for any of my projects, sure not everyone has this amount of cash, but to pay a first month with setup for a dedicated OVH server it will cost you over 200 euro, so if that person doesn't have another 5 for advertisement then idk, lets just say its sad.
And that's why a change on the epvp threads should be made, paid or not everyone should have a chance to create a proper thread but a copypaste server is just lame and shows a lack of conviction of running a server.

At the end epvp would still be a free forum
Thanks for your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
And yes, the 'pay to have your server spotlighted' method got declined a few months maybe even a year ago. It's something that I think would never be introduced because as Wicked said, elitepvpers is based on the free forum model and having people pay to have more views isn't really fair for others who can't afford it (and of course, we then had the argument for 'well, if they can't afford it, it shows they do not deserve to run a server'. IMO everyone deserves a chance .
Hm ok. The reason is fair enough, I still think though, that another idea without paying for it could be promising. Let's see how this will go on!
Ty.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/10/2015, 12:31   #19

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by XENijX Edits View Post
It just needs a change for the better, cause right now it's really annoying seeing the the section get spammed with 'copy-paste threads'
The problem is no-one checks the rules nor the guides
it's more like ''Thanks'' I won't read all this'' which leads to the same old cycle again, the copy-paste threads is not the issue since you can determine em
pretty easy and actually not that many ( Q.Q checking em alone)
the problem is the bad quality threads, whether the thread get removed or closed the user create it again with the same quality .. like hey I don't care.
Old 09/10/2015, 12:48   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
The problem is no-one checks the rules nor the guides
it's more like ''Thanks'' I won't read all this'' which leads to the same old cycle again, the copy-paste threads is not the issue since you can determine em
pretty easy and actually not that many ( Q.Q checking em alone)
the problem is the bad quality threads, whether the thread get removed or closed the user create it again with the same quality .. like hey I don't care.
Well, then there should be a solution of creating a 2nd or 3rd Thread rule. Cause we that actually spend time to create a proper nice thread will never get the server it's attention of full spammed harsh said ''useless'' threads.

I don't know. I think a test run would give us the result if it's really useful or not. If it stays like that now, people will keep continuing copy-pasting or having low quality threads.
And I think all that can or will run a server should be atleast having a proper thread..
Old 09/10/2015, 14:23   #21

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Well, then there should be a solution of creating a 2nd or 3rd Thread rule. Cause we that actually spend time to create a proper nice thread will never get the server it's attention of full spammed harsh said ''useless'' threads.

I don't know. I think a test run would give us the result if it's really useful or not. If it stays like that now, people will keep continuing copy-pasting or having low quality threads.
And I think all that can or will run a server should be atleast having a proper thread..
Well try thinking about it from the admins perspective. The forum is active, people creating threads, other people report them, mods remove the posts.

Limiting the creation is probably out of question and is refused long ago. The most considerable solution is hiding the threads until it's reviewed by a moderator.

By reviewing I mean:

*Checking copy-paste paragraphs.
*Scanning the website domain/main host.
*Approving the quality.
*Checking for multi-threads.

This will have two disadvantages:

*Moderators will have to work some more.
*Server owners will have to wait until their thread is public.

About the first point, if you think about it mods will work some more while approving the threads but they won't really have to deal with the same number of reports. Report numbers of this section will show a considerable decrease. So it's a kind of lose-win which shouldn't affect the moderators.

What should be considered if this was applied?
Informing the thread starters after the action is taken. Whether they are approved or not they should be informed by details [Approved / Disapproved because 1-2-3].
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/10/2015, 19:17   #22

elite*gold: 26
The Black Market: 135/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
I would actually suggest giving some kind of rights for members [not just mods] to review and approve the threads in this section..
That will not happen.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/10/2015, 20:43   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nectix View Post
That will not happen.
I would approve your threads lol

Quote:
Yep, sadly there isn't a solution to solve this other than reporting it.
whatever we do and whatever we suggest it will make it worse (for moderators)
since it will require more effort and time for them..
probably we need to be a bit more serious with the rules that's all,
for example you barely see users breaking/violating rules at the blackmarket (specific rules)
even ''sometimes'' early bumps ends up with an infraction not a warning.
is it fear?
don't get me wrong, probably you know what I mean ..
Old 09/10/2015, 21:49   #24

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nectix View Post
That will not happen.
Most likely yes. Tell me what you think about #21
Old 09/10/2015, 23:06   #25

elite*gold: 77
Solution(maybe): Making a cooldown for the thread creation xD for example, if you created a thread today in the advertisement section, you wouldn't be able to create another one before the penalty/cooldown/delay ends, the penalty/cooldown/delay should be 2~4 weeks xD This is going to make it MUCH easier for the moderators, I know, this might result in more multi-accounting, but then the solution would be a permanent ip range ban from epvp
-If you don't like the idea, simply ignore this post
Old 09/10/2015, 23:25   #26

^
It's not even close to a new idea, it was actually suggested before
For example like that you're forcing users here to advertise only a project for a period of time.
What if he want to advertise another project beside the old one ? Or if he want a new thread like (Re-opening xxxx with new ***) or simply he is trying to help few users to advertise their projects .. So I've to wait for 2~4 weeks ? nah none of the admins would accept this.
a bit similar to Synx7's idea but from another side.
Old 09/10/2015, 23:28   #27

elite*gold: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
^
It's not even close to a new idea, it was actually suggested before
For example like that you're forcing users here to advertise only a project for a period of time.
What if he want to advertise another project beside the old one ? Or if he want a new thread like (Re-opening xxxx with new ***) or simply he is trying to help few users to advertise their projects .. So I've to wait for 2~4 weeks ? nah none of the admins would accept this.
a bit similar to Synx7's idea but from another side.
If he opened a new server, then he probably have a gaming network, and servers in a gaming network must be advertised on 1 thread as I read in the rules. And if he reopened his server, he can simply request reopening his old thread and changing the title, I personally will request re-opening my old thread instead of creating a new one.
Old 09/10/2015, 23:43   #28

^
Should I clarify this ?
I said another project ..you're completely free if you want to re-open your old thread..
it's up to the user if he want to create a new thread or not as long as the old one is closed.
let me give you a hint (pioner1 , pioner2 or whatever it called)
Like that you're forcing the user to stay with his limited thread.
Old 09/12/2015, 18:29   #29

#bump
Old 09/15/2015, 12:22   #30

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,455
Why you posting this here? post it in Suggestions Section.

Tags
adjustment, epvp, private sro advertising, silkroad