Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Joymax under DDos ?

Discussion on Joymax under DDos ? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 05/01/2013, 00:42   #31

elite*gold: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickl View Post
It seems like you are a real business man.
Maybe even THE business man
Talking about facts and logic doesn't require a business man or any extreme information background, So what you just said doesn't make any sense and infact by that statement you just made fun of yourself. As soon as you make any sense you will be having my attention.
Old 05/01/2013, 00:53   #32

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverLimits View Post
Talking about facts and logic doesn't require a business man or any extreme information background, So what you just said doesn't make any sense and infact by that statement you just made fun of yourself. As soon as you make any sense you will be having my attention.
nice try eh
I'll give you a 6/10
that's the best I can do
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/01/2013, 01:37   #33

Received Thanks: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverLimits View Post
They have to pay the costs of doing business and if the cost is to high they go out of business, that is just a fact. In other words if they couldn't handle a global version right then they shouldn't even bother opening it from the start, Most of the global versions of any game is hosted at US or EU and rarely at Asia.
You know they just released the game on 2005-2006 and they said maybe just lets just open international version, And it succeed .I agree with you before 2 years maybe silkroad owners were need to open it in europe or in usa , But i think because they sell their game and gain alot of money they didn't do that..
Old 05/01/2013, 02:03   #34
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ™Haxor™ View Post
Maybe because the company is originally located in south korea and it will cost alot to host in europe..

Also maybe we know who is guilty if there was ddos attack
south korea= more ping, more traffic
europe= less ping since they are at the center of the net(technically), users easy payment accept, fast support and more stability
They are technically just hosting a kSRO without the KSSN(their id) due to their same location, ping, rules, and laws
Old 05/01/2013, 02:48   #35

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
south korea= more ping, more traffic
europe= less ping since they are at the center of the net(technically), users easy payment accept, fast support and more stability
They are technically just hosting a kSRO without the KSSN(their id) due to their same location, ping, rules, and laws
Fun fact: Since 2011 or so, iSRO started hosting servers on USA and UK (only the new servers, old server kept their korean location).
Its fun because they started listening to player requests too late, now their game is dead and is now when they are more active.

SRO was probably the worst-managed game ever.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/01/2013, 03:00   #36
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
Fun fact: Since 2011 or so, iSRO started hosting servers on USA and UK (only the new servers, old server kept their korean location).
Its fun because they started listening to player requests too late, now their game is dead and is now when they are more active.

SRO was probably the worst-managed game ever.
yeah, because moving the old ones would be hard
yeah, joymax, as for the MMO companies that i know, is one of the worst companies, the others being alaplaya and IGG
Old 05/01/2013, 03:29   #37

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
yeah, joymax, as for the MMO companies that i know, is one of the worst companies, the others being alaplaya and IGG
Asian companies usually do great games, but their customer support and users' contribution on the game is near 0.
Old 05/01/2013, 04:12   #38
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Asian companies usually do great games, but their customer support and users' contribution on the game is near 0.
I can see that difference
I know Jagex(Runescape) is not the best. But their customer support and the fact they actually listen to users/customers is kinda the difference between the companies, and I think is the part they should focus
Old 05/01/2013, 04:28   #39

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
The ugly truth:

Someone stole the account db ( From the team itself )
Thats why no one can access by his account and the new modified sro_client after updating tells you after login that you've to change your password. After that, You'll log and find no character.
They're doing this **** till all passwords being changed and they'll reopen the servers again.

PM Anyone who plays isro now and you'll believe my words.
Old 05/01/2013, 05:06   #40
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
The ugly truth:

Someone stole the account db ( From the team itself )
Thats why no one can access by his account and the new modified sro_client after updating tells you after login that you've to change your password. After that, You'll log and find no character.
They're doing this **** till all passwords being changed and they'll reopen the servers again.

PM Anyone who plays isro now and you'll believe my words.
not really
some time ago(1-1.5 year) Joymax made the server fuse
if a account had an inactivity bigger than one year, the account gets wiped, even if they paid(which is data manipulation/deletion, which is illegal btw)
if the inactivity was less, the char remain but the account receives a password change request

btw, you receive the password change request even if you got wiped
Old 05/01/2013, 06:36   #41

elite*gold: 52
Quote:
Alaplaya is cool
I have been playing their game "S4 League" never had lag or any **** and servers are great, their support is available 24/7 etc, and they're doing a update every 1 or 2 weeks and every 2 months a new patch so that's interesting.
Old 05/01/2013, 12:53   #42

Quote:
For me iSRO is under constant DDoS attacks. Did you played it lately? Lag is huge, dunno what they ****** up, but its worse than a pserver getting DDoS, lag-wise I mean.

BTW; think that most of the isro network is internal, there are only around 20 servers open to public (agent-servers, and 4 gateway servers). It's easy to protect only an small amount of servers, since everything else is internal.
Yeah but it's not a big difference, if the rest is open you have the same luck to get ddos with the same power , my server is in internal only 2 Agent Server are open and 1 gateways and a little ddos can close. But if you want an advice , put the web server of the billing in an other server internal ( a VM sure ) then you'll be sure to don't get any problem with the ddos of the web server and with the shardmanager.
Old 05/01/2013, 13:43   #43
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0wshY View Post
Alaplaya is cool
I have been playing their game "S4 League" never had lag or any **** and servers are great, their support is available 24/7 etc, and they're doing a update every 1 or 2 weeks and every 2 months a new patch so that's interesting.
i dont mean the support
their entire game is based even more agreesive than SRO silks
If you dont get AP, dont expect to be able to kill full AP users
It is not exagerating, it is true. Took me 4 shoots of a fully charge Snipe rifle to kill a full AP guy
Old 05/01/2013, 17:53   #44

elite*gold: 53
Quote:
i dont mean the support
It is not exagerating, it is true. Took me 4 shoots of a fully charge Snipe rifle to kill a full AP guy
Tell me about, i was making some tests where i had to charge, anyway i ended up with a +11 dagger and +9 bat, I was slamming them around with just 1 simple hit.
Old 05/02/2013, 07:14   #45

elite*gold: 52
Quote:
i dont mean the support
It is just depends on your skills if you was pro then you will kill all of them,
I'm a full ap user actually without ap i was nothing with ap i can kill anyone.. so like you said if you don't have ap do not except to kill any of ap users but, you wont xD