Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Some questions about Private Server.

Discussion on Some questions about Private Server. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Some questions about Private Server.

Hello,

I am just wondering about making a Private server for Silkroad online but i have some questions before i really get into it.

1. Do i need to have any programming knowledge before being able to edit the servers and stuff? Hosting the game?

2. Do i need to have a server(hardware) to be able to host the server? Or i can do it just from my CPU?

3. There's lots of different server files out there which one is the easiest to edit and already has built in tools?( If i can continue without any complications )

Just all these questions for now

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06/04/2012, 16:44   #2

Received Thanks: 6,289
1. You don't have to know anything if you have someone else that know about it. If you want to do it by yourself, you must know SQL basis, basic security of Windows Server OS, and have experience as a pk2 editor (not graphic edits). The 3rd thing is not really needed if you dont want to add new stuff to your server. If you know how the pk2 system works you have half of the work done for keep an up to date server.

2. If you want to host it for less than 50 players your computer is enough, but if you aim for something more professional and stable you should get a decent dedicated server (or even an VPS server like the ones Nezekan sells). Check his thread if you are interested on his VPS's, they are cheap and work with the serverfiles.

3. I would say VSRO, Br have many outdated things and its messy, the old ECSRO/SWSRO/JSRO files are too bugged for make a decent server with them. There are no built-in tools.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/04/2012, 16:52   #3

Thank you Synx7

About knowing SQL knowledge is it hard? Takes long time to get to know?

Is pk2 edit also hard? Im planning to do it myself, just for small amount of people.

Thanks alot
Old 06/04/2012, 16:54   #4

Received Thanks: 1,455
^
Its not hard
Just check some thread here in epvp about editing in sql and pk2 editing and try it ,After that you will learn it alone
Just takes some time
Thanks
1 User