Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] The big lie about the server rates

Discussion on [Discussion] The big lie about the server rates within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 6,289
Arrow [Discussion] The big lie about the server rates

I'm going to be clear. All of you have been cheated, or you are cheating your players (if you own a server).

I've never gave a single fuck about the rates thing because I never considered it a priority. Never, until I opened my server. I started with x50 rates because I guessed it could be a nice rate, not too high, not too low, based on what the people was playing usually.

Was enough few days for make the people start complaining about it. "OMG RATES ARE TOO LOW, MAKE THEM HIGHER". In the end, I made them higher, up to x300!!!. But still, people was complaining "OMG THIS IS NOT REAL X300, FAKE RATES, ON OTHER SERVERS I LEVEL UP MORE FAST WITH LESS RATES!!!". I was like... what the fuck?
I even showed proofs of the rates being properly set. There are many easy ways to check the rates of a server, the easiest is reach an high lvl (lv 50 or more for example) and then kill a lv 1 monster. It should give 1 sp exp on iSRO (rates multiplier x1), and on pservers should show the real rates (for example, my server has rates x200 on the first gameserver, so depend on what place you kill the lv 1 mob you get 200 or 300 exp sp).

And this is where the problem appears. Every single stupid kid ruined the whole sro scene with this shit. No one fucking checks the rates of his server, something as basic as this is simply ignored. They just say "rates x200!", and open the server, without even fucking check it, and the rates are not x200, are probably x2000, a common mistake.

This makes the whole community think, wow, rates x200 are high, cool, and take it as a base for every fucking single server.

In resume, I would like to ask to EVERY SINGLE SERVER OWNER that reads this post to reply here with two things:

1. The rates he is announcing on his server website/advertise thread.
2. A picture of HIM as GM (or simply as a player but high level) killing a mangyang and showing much skill exp he gets.

I'm serious. I want to show everyone how bad you configured your server. I'm tired of this shit, I was working hard on my server for make it a long term server and part of my plans got ruined because some dickheads who have no idea about setting up serverfiles announced x2000 rates as x200. Is NOT normal to get 10 lv's killing a mangyang, assume it!

Sorry for the rage, but it really pisses me off...

An example of my server rates:

gameserver 2, rates x300:

gameserver 1, rates x200:

Thanks
18 Users
Old 05/17/2012, 04:13   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
tell them go play in isro to know if my server rates is high or low ^^
Old 05/17/2012, 04:29   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushcrush View Post
tell them go play in isro to know if my server rates is high or low ^^
Dont act like this is not related to you rush, I talked to you about it on skype too. Your server Rome says having x400 rates but on your server you have rates set to x1200!!
Thanks
5 Users
Old 05/17/2012, 05:39   #4
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
in fact i have played on server where rates are show on description like 200x(example) and being lvl 30 and on will give you not even an approximated number to the rates(120x as an example)
also, even if some may get ****** ill say it
i think(if im not wrong) that abdel(dr) said on some thread that server owners think that rates are calculated
rate on ini = rate on server
while the fact is that the rates are:
rate on ini = rate on server/100
again, i may be making things up or imagining
Old 05/17/2012, 05:43   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
in fact i have played on server where rates are show on description like 200x(example) and being lvl 30 and on will give you not even an approximated number to the rates(120x as an example)
Im guessing its a 2 sides thing, people that claims his server is x500 when it really is x300 this way population doesnt cry about low rates and cant complain yet they dont know thoses arent the rates unless they prove it by them self (doesnt happen quite often). And ofc theres ppl like Synx sayd on the first post that says "rates x300 join us" when it really is x2000 then they say "oh look how fast this **** is?! Awesome" Yet when they join a really x300 server which is 100% perfectly coded they QQ because rates are a lie -.-
Old 05/17/2012, 05:47   #6

Received Thanks: 1,161
^ it's common people though, everyone wants the easy way out, lazy phattys c;
Old 05/17/2012, 05:52   #7
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbalo View Post
Im guessing its a 2 sides thing, people that claims his server is x500 when it really is x300 this way population doesnt cry about low rates and cant complain yet they dont know thoses arent the rates unless they prove it by them self (doesnt happen quite often). And ofc theres ppl like Synx sayd on the first post that says "rates x300 join us" when it really is x2000 then they say "oh look how fast this **** is?! Awesome" Yet when they join a really x300 server which is 100% perfectly coded they QQ because rates are a lie -.-
exp and sp formula
(insert formula here)*rate on ini/100

if people isnt smart enough to know that already, they can make a 1x server without knowing

@offtopic
i didnt knew synx server was already out
i guess i missed a beta promotion. ill be joining there to have fun, hope you remember me synx XD
Old 05/17/2012, 05:56   #8

Barely no one cares about the rates as long as you level up fast enough, wich is ofcourse individual for everyone. But overall i think the players wants a mid rate server, gaining fast levels to the last 10lv cap or something similar to that, it shouldn't be too easy to hit the cap imo.
Old 05/17/2012, 05:56   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
exp and sp formula
(insert formula here)*rate on ini/100

if people isnt smart enough to know that already, they can make a 1x server without knowing
You would be surprised of the bunch of ppl that doesnt know it or are just too lazy to check it...
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2012, 06:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by glialka View Post
Synx, ever tought that putting up rates more than 100x bugging the gameserver?

Im keeping thats why my server on 30x.
When I want 300x, I have to write 600x in order to set it properly,somehow the stupid gs calculating the xp rates on x2 * x1

Same with 30x, Ive wrote 3000, and just leveled up to level 2 with 30%.
But when I did wrote 6000, Ive got level 3 with 60%.

Any clue about this crap?
Thats not true, if you patch the rate limit on the gs there is no bug on it.

Remember that exp required per level increases every level. Don't look at how many levels you level up, but at how much exp you get.

With rates x30:

With rates x60:

With rates x30 you get 690 exp points from the first mob, with rates x60 you get 1380 exp points.

690 * 2 = 1380

You get double the exp, like it should be, so it is fine, but on both rates you reach level 3. Why? Because as I said before, every level the exp required increments. The same happens when you try with rates over x100, for example, here is with rates x300:

As you can see, you get 6900 exp points from the first mob!

690 * 10 = 6900

Because x300 is 10 times more what you get on a based x30 rates server.
The formulas are working fine.

As I said, dont take the "how many levels I up from first mob" as a base for the rates, instead, kill a mob lv 1 when you are quite high lvl for see the real rates set on the server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2012, 06:58   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
when I was talked about such thing no one listened me and now everyone complain about this thing

just remember when I made some threads about these things to learn community about it and how works , but guess what they didn't give a fuck and sro get ruined

edit :

gameserver rates : 75000 = 750x = players think are 75x because they say is to low so I put how they say

( with actual rates and no free silk I get around 100 players each day )
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2012, 07:26   #12

Our server is 130x. here's the screenshot of it

Best Regards,
Thanks for the Thread and for everything , Synx

Corrected the rates thanks to synx
Old 05/17/2012, 09:27   #13

As I understand :

100 = 1x