Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Silkroad Private Server Review Program [SPSRP]

Discussion on Silkroad Private Server Review Program [SPSRP] within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,010
Silkroad Private Server Review Program [SPSRP]

Hello,

Intro:
While we didn't have much choice in the early years of silkroad private servers, people where still playing corrupted, expensive and poorly managed private servers just because there was no other choice. However, with the public leak of the vSRO files we now have a chance to play silkroad in a decent way. While there were a lot of people running emulated servers in the early days, there wasn't really much attention going to them except for a few. This was because the emulator itself was just bad so you didn't really have a choice except playing on one of the monopolised servers. Now however private servers have become big business!

People have many reasons to start a private servers now, but in most of the cases they just want money. Humans are greedy by nature, however not all. I still think there is hope for a decent private server, that isn't ran for profit, but for pure fun. I do know, I think I am one of the few who actually know how hard it is, that servers require a lot of money to get it running smoothly, but current private servers don't have the right balance between gameplay and money, they only care for the latter, shamefully.

Reason:
Due to the recent influx of private servers, it is very hard to pick a choice in which server you would like to play on. So I have decided to make it easier for you.

I will review -all- private servers that advertise here, I will bring their true intentions into the spotlight and hopefully we will find a truely great private server.

I do not do this for personal gain, my private server project is dead, so I can review them objectively.

Review:
Most hosters have literally no clue about hosting a server, I do not think this is bad, even I started as clueless as them when I bought my first linux vps, but it is not a great idea to start a public private server, if you have no experience with it at all. If it was truely private, and only for friends it would be 'OK' for me, but when you're running a public private server, you're not only endangering your project and your persona, but you're also bringing the data of yours players in danger!

There are some however that have enough experience with both servers and the silkroad files, I do know that nothing is unhackable, or uncrackable but you should atleast try to 'defend' your server.

Hence security will be a big factor in my reviews.

The points I will be reviewing will consist of:

Code:
*Security
*Stability
and
*Staff

Security: This point is fairly obvious, I will check how good your server is protected from threats, not only your silkroad server itself but everything that may compromise data integrity, including but not limited to your website and registration "scripts". I know that the files are vulnerable to a lot of exploits, however not a lot of people are actively looking for them, the rating may change depending on your reaction time to fixing an exploit, or fixing one before it may get out public. I know that it is impossible to find all exploits, but once they are public it should be fairly obvious for you to fix them

Stability: Not only server-wise, but also in terms of economical management and how long you will be staying. I will have a fairly good clue of your server setup so I can get a good idea if your hardware would suffice. I will also check for economic viability of your project, if you're not getting enough donations, or you don't have a 3rd party source of income then you will not have the chance to stay here for a long time. Your servers ingame ecomics are important too, this is forgotten by many people but I don't think there is anybody who actually likes trading two times because your item prices are above the allowed trading cap due to inflation.

Staff: One of the most important factors, if you don't have the right people then you can simply not stay alive. You should have a good mixture between community management, security and programmers, or atleast people who have a clue. Frankly, I see a lot of hosters mistreating their 'players' this just proofs your inprofessionality (how far it is possible in this case) and will give you a really low rating. Corruption is fairly hard to prove, but if you choose your staff cautiously it shouldn't be a problem.

There will be other factors taken into account, I will not list them all and not make it public either.

Don't worry though, if you have the right mentality while you run your server, you will not have to fear this. I am just doing it to help innocent people. However if you look at 'us' as your personal money cow, forget it.

How can -you- help:

Fairly simple, if you see a server mistreating its players, laking security or anything else you deem unacceptable just review it yourself and report it here.

I will make all reviews objectively and equal.

Let's work togheter and it will result in a general better playing experience. Not will this only filter out the rotten apples, it will also put pressure on other hosters to improve their servers even more, it's a win either way.

If you think your server has been rated wrongly, feel free to prove us wrong and we will review your opinion. If you have put your stuff in order after you have been reviewed with a poor score, feel free to contact us again to get another review. We will however keep your old score in mind, and make sure your server doesn't change back to its old form.

Your input will appreciated. I am only human and I can't cover all fronts myself.
Thanks
18 Users
Old 12/09/2011, 16:16   #2

Received Thanks: 6,289
I totally support your idea. The current situation is a mess for a newcomer. They can't decide which server is the best for join right now with all the people spreaded and low quality servers around, and in the end they get a bad experience or a waste of time because the server closes (or even a serious leak of information for the low security of the server!).

So go ahead. I suggest you to review EliteSRO since is the biggest one here, start from the big, go for the smallest later. ^^
Thanks
5 Users
Old 12/09/2011, 16:23   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
I totally support your idea. The current situation is a mess for a newcomer. They can't decide which server is the best for join right now with all the people spreaded and low quality servers around, and in the end they get a bad experience or a waste of time because the server closes (or even a serious leak of information for the low security of the server!).

So go ahead. I suggest you to review EliteSRO since is the biggest one here, start from the big, go for the smallest later. ^^
Thanks for your input, it's really appreciated, especially from you!

Your support means a lot to me and this project, I agree that we should start with the biggest server first, this seems to be the most rational choice. I will start making the first reviews later tonight. More feedback is greatly appreciated
Old 12/09/2011, 16:32   #4

Received Thanks: 1,783
Great idea. Good luck with it
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2011, 16:47   #5

Yea currently there are to many server's around and 80% of them are a mess and a few that are good still have big problems in it.Take wing sro as an example i made from lvl 1-116 and server looked amazing and when i got the gold to get a lvl 110 sun weapon than came the time to quit in 2 sec's as it turned out all 12D stones cost 120m a piece ?? like wdf and you cant get tab drops.And server was based on a trade so gold drop rate was really low.Almost every server has problem that makes it unplayable.So we need a server that has a good team and that can fix problems and don't make any stupid systems in a game that screws it up
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/09/2011, 16:53   #6

Hopefully you do the "list" fast, and correctly.
Btw. "program" is not the right name, "Project" sounds better.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Since Lynx (Diamond Sro) is down, i need to join new server, till Lynx come back.
(ofcource lynx/Diamond will be back, asap.)

And i need to join a new server, cos its weekend !
The server can have d12, but dont need to have.

so i search for this things:

Level Cap: 110
Skill Cap : 110
Exp / SP : x80 - x150 ( more like x100+^^)
Slots: 1-2k+
Minimum aktive players: 700
24/7 online
24/7 regi online etc.

Botting MUST be allowed !

If you know any server like my desire, you can wirte me PN or just let a post here.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2011, 17:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopee View Post
Hopefully you do the "list" fast, and correctly.
Btw. "program" is not the right name, "Project" sounds better.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Since Lynx (Diamond Sro) is down, i need to join new server, till Lynx come back.
(ofcource lynx/Diamond will be back, asap.)

And i need to join a new server, cos its weekend !
The server can have d12, but dont need to have.

so i search for this things:

Level Cap: 110
Skill Cap : 110
Exp / SP : x80 - x150 ( more like x100+^^)
Slots: 1-2k+
Minimum aktive players: 700
24/7 online
24/7 regi online etc.

Botting MUST be allowed !

If you know any server like my desire, you can wirte me PN or just let a post here.
Your feedback is appreciated! But I must make it clear that it is a not a 'want to find' server thread. The point is that people will be able to choose themselves and have a much clearer view once the work is done.

If you want to give me tips about what bad/good stuff is happening in some servers, pm me but let's try to keep this thread clean. It's supposed to make it easier for people to find something, not make it even harder
Old 12/09/2011, 17:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
Your feedback is appreciated! But I must make it clear that it is a not a 'want to find' server thread. The point is that people will be able to choose themselves and have a much clearer view once the work is done.

If you want to give me tips about what bad/good stuff is happening in some servers, pm me but let's try to keep this thread clean. It's supposed to make it easier for people to find something, not make it even harder

For sure, i wont make this thread like a "Search a pserver".
Sry, that i ask for it.

But for sure, i will test now syndicate Sro, and i will tell in this thread, how the server goes.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2011, 17:12   #9

Great idea , but remember one thing that it could be some players that are ****** of because of the server, it could be many reasons for it and not just one, so i suggest you to add them out only if 3-4 people are reporting the same thing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2011, 17:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
Great idea , but remember one thing that it could be some players that are ****** of because of the server, it could be many reasons for it and not just one, so i suggest you to add them out only if 3-4 people are reporting the same thing.
Don't worry, I will try to be as objective as possible and verify everything myself. Some things are unprovable though, and thus they will not be added even if they're positive. I know that this can be a sensitive subject, and it shall be treated as such.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2011, 17:24   #11

Silkroad Salvation takes the cake.
Old 12/09/2011, 17:25   #12

This became an advertisement topic for krall serwlarz. First of all, if a server has a good amount of players, that does not mean it is a good server. A very big percent of Silkroad pserver community is formed by underage people that never achieved their goals/capped in isro. After Chernobyll released the vSRO files, in less than a month countless servers appeared out of nowhere. There are so many private servers right now and the most irritating thing is, they offer the same f*cking content. Only a few servers are offering custom content orsomething new, or even old but forgotten, like 70/80 cap. 90% of the pserver GM's are friends with coders or whatever you want to call them, and from here the lack of english grammar in notices, the retarded behavior and so on. You can easily decide whether the server suits you or not, by watching the behavior of the GM's. How do they talk, how do they react, how do they do events and so on. The only decent staff with proper english i've seen was in Salvation. However, good staff can't compensate the lack of players, but Salvation is a legit server so you have to understand that. People and even GM's want to BOT on a server with over 100 rates, what do you want more...

You should also take into consideration the quality of the players it has. While a server with 1000 players where 700 are turks, is a dead server for EU/USA players, a server with 200 EU/USA players that hate turks/egy or any other krall kid, is a bad server for the ones i mentioned above. Even if i don't play in BloodySRO, it should have a special place since it was the first server with vsro files and it's GM released them to the public.

For instance, after 2 hours of playing "simpleSRO" i;ve seen a notice where a GM warned a player with banning, just because that player cursed a "donor" in pm. The GM himself told ppl not to get into fights with donors, well, i deleted it right away. I have played in many pservers, in some for only few hours/minutes, but in Salvation i have played the most. However, as i said above, the lack of players can't get you any fun.

I have just pointed "simpleSRO" and "Salvation" as the worst and the best i've seen. Of course there are a good number of decent servers out there and with this i wish you good luck in finding the best.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2011, 18:06   #13

Well, epvp start working more like a "community".We need more ppl like you who shall bring those awesome ideas.
@on, It's a great idea specially for newcomers as you said and coz vsro files got released, they may want to play a server and they can check here what ppl say about it, if it has good community, active ppl, active gms, frequently updates ^_^
Goodluck and if you need help with anything pm me
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2011, 18:47   #14

Received Thanks: 2,330
That will help the community, it's cool and I like it.
Old 12/09/2011, 21:02   #15
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
i like this idea
the only con i see here, is that many servers(including good ones) may close because someone flagged the server as "not approved" even if the server is secure, friendly to user and stuff