Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What you look for?

Discussion on What you look for? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,326
What you look for?

Just wondering what aspects of gameplay people look for in a server. Having played the Official Silkroad versions and some private servers around here, what aspects do you think were good in them and what were bad?

If you could combine all into one what traits/aspects would make it the most favourable.

Don't just say things like high XP rates. Maybe some more intelligent answers like balanced classes, party play, community support etc.

Just interested in knowing peoples thoughts, after watching a few servers opening with the vSRO server files, not delivering and disappointing people (far as I am aware it is a lag issue mostly?)
Old 09/08/2011, 01:01   #2

elite*gold: 0
this is offtopic lol, but umm what ever happend to zelos?
Old 09/08/2011, 01:02   #3

harakiri
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/08/2011, 01:03   #4

Received Thanks: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkym7 View Post
this is offtopic lol, but umm what ever happend to zelos?
It isn't offtopic. It is in the correct section and this is the 'discussion' session. Just because it isn't a garbage thread as what mostly I see listed at the moment. This would make for a more intelligent discussion and something these servers should be doing to see what they are doing wrong.
Old 09/08/2011, 01:03   #5
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davincibg View Post
harakiri
after that thread you dont deserve to talk
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2011, 01:03   #6

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717
More kids, more kids who are high level, even more turkish kids and most of the server don't have a future.

Need real coder and businessmen to host the current server instead of some wannabe-almighty-****
Thanks
5 Users
Old 09/08/2011, 01:08   #7

wtf is that? oh and eckoro i was just wondering cuzz i havent been on these forums in a long time and i played zelos while it was up and so i was just wondering but i went through some old threads and found out.

harakiri? what is that.
Old 09/08/2011, 01:12   #8

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,700
first jobsystem.
euros.
120 cap.
all instances and dungeons.
startup with 1 kk sp.
exp : 45
sp: 55 ( you still need to farm gp ^^ )
consignment system with 100 slots!
increased unique spawn. separate areas for low level events.
and to quote myself once more:
damnit esro admin deleted my epic post about events-.-
Thanks
12 Users
Old 09/08/2011, 01:12   #9

I wouldn't join a server made for you Eckoro, it's obvious why you make this thread.

Now on topic and before your trolling, people wants this:

High rates
Having SOX stuff while others are running around with normal +3's
Free silks/Not paying for anything
Old 09/08/2011, 01:13   #10
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkym7 View Post
wtf is that? oh and eckoro i was just wondering cuzz i havent been on these forums in a long time and i played zelos while it was up and so i was just wondering but i went through some old threads and found out.

harakiri? what is that.
honor suicide

Edit: i smell conspiracy, why eckoro will suddenly show up asking about how you want a server
Old 09/08/2011, 01:14   #11

Received Thanks: 1,647
Bring the aim of SilkRoad back. Silkroad! A road for trade. Did anybody remember?
Yeah, then things must be based on trading/thiefing as much as it is possible. That's my thought.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 09/08/2011, 01:15   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Teka View Post
More kids, more kids who are high level, even more turkish kids and most of the server don't have a future.

Need real coder and businessmen to host the current server instead of some wannabe-almighty-****
Troll more? Open DWO and speak because i know alot of turks are looking forward to play at DWO so your wish will come true soon anyways.

Anyway on topic

Most people play Pservers because they want to get the the end game or become capped as quickly as possible so thats why they like high rates or want to bot all the time.
But maybe somthing to do with the end game?

Just pvping, jobbing, killing uniques is pritty much what everyone does these days at end game, also CTF and Fort wars.
End game needs some serious consideration, and not just events. Probably will post back when i can think of something.

Removing the Honor system would be a good idea too. Should stop alot of Academy farming.
Maybe custom quests if thats possible? With nice rewards such avatars or enhancment scrolls, or be rewarded with points which you can trade in for these things etc.
First/second jobbing traingular system for sure too
Great in game support with constant updates and contact with players regarding the server.

Also i like what is said on srstats about nothing interesting been done with the files. Maybe this can be the starting point?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2011, 01:17   #13

Well like on every other pserver, mostly its "who is holding the server, whats the support, community and so on". Some ppl got the serv files but they still far away from well maintained pserver. Everyone is complaining about the lags, dc, stucks...no wonder its hosted on some cheap vps and probably with no future. Well time will show, maybe some of them makes something that might attract some players.
Old 09/08/2011, 01:19   #14

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo123 View Post
first jobsystem.
euros.
120 cap.
all instances and dungeons.
startup with 1 kk sp.
exp : 45
sp: 55 ( you still need to farm gp ^^ )
consignment system with 100 slots!
increased unique spawn. separate areas for low level events.
and to quote myself once more:
damnit esro admin deleted my epic post about events-.-
With first job system you mean the ones with wanted mode and trijob without 7 days limit?
I like more the second ones, since you are more focused on your job, also your name is not shown, but an alias.
120 cap with the upgrade system from iSRO/kSRO? I don't know if you played it but it totally sucks, if you want to plus an item you have to spend 4.5€ for avoid the risk of lose your weapon forever.
120 skills are not much different than 110, and also Jupiter Temple is just a re-make of West Europe zone and the caves/instances are pretty small (tested most of them, **** boring). Only good point I see on the 120 cap is the new monster skills, which can take off buffs of players, that rocks.
Consigment with 100 slots might be possible with the vsro files, but there is already an item mall item which increases the slots up to 30 instead of 10, and also the duration of the items in the consigment.
And finally, what do you mean with "increased unique spawn. separate areas for low level events. ". What do you consider a low level player? is not very accurate.
Old 09/08/2011, 01:25   #15

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by r7slayer View Post
Troll more? Open DWO and speak because i know alot of turks are looking forward to play at DWO so your wish will come true soon anyways.
Why trolling? These are the facts which i can see nowadays.

And why I should open DWO?
I am not even a Staff Member.