Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VPC vs VPS

Discussion on VPC vs VPS within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
VPC vs VPS

Hello Epvpers .. i just wanted finished setting up a dummy Server and getting to know how to update things . so i wanted to take the next step and get a VPS , so i wanted to ask something . what are the Files that will be Hosted on the VPS . also if i got a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) that hosts the Database only . will that be sufficient . also i'd like to know if setting up a server on a VPS differs than setting one on my PC much ? Last Thing is I would like to know good VPS suppliers with prices in Range sorry for long Post Thanks in Advance
Old 04/02/2015, 18:28   #2

elite*gold: 0
Hello,
well my suggestion would be to buy a dedicated server for the start, you can use a smaller one, since dividing db into VPS and VPC is not really a good idea(in terms of VPC being super expensive and the ping between VPS and VPC isnt probably great) with a smaller VPS ( should be a good choice because on this VPS you can get Windows and run the db and the modules for the server) you can use it for testing purposes, but if you want to start something with that server, a dedicated server is a must have.