Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

{HELP} My server receives attacks

Discussion on {HELP} My server receives attacks within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
{HELP} My server receives attacks

I open the server after a few minutes of TB_User all content is deleted
PLEASE HELP ME

HACKS GTFO
Old 05/23/2012, 03:03   #2

turn on ur firewall and close ur ports
Old 05/23/2012, 03:07   #3

Received Thanks: 1,161
Yeah, it's your best luck, use a database backup?
Old 05/23/2012, 03:53   #4

Received Thanks: 6,289
Your billing is probably on an open and obvious path.
Old 05/23/2012, 05:01   #5
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
lots of server had problems with ports
but if he didnt followed the guides, then he didnt add security to server
close port 32000, 15578, and the other i dont remember
Old 05/23/2012, 20:36   #6

After starting server you can close certification.. not the best solution but it works, close 32000 and change billing port to something that isn't that obvisious like 8080 81 82 83 ... etc..
Old 05/27/2012, 04:08   #7

How to Close Ports:?
Old 05/27/2012, 07:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnukertube View Post
How to Close Ports:?
2) In programming, a port (noun) is a "logical connection place" and specifically, using the Internet's protocol, TCP/IP, the way a client program specifies a particular server program on a computer in a network. Higher-level applications that use TCP/IP such as the Web protocol, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, have ports with preassigned numbers. These are known as "well-known ports" that have been assigned by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). Other application processes are given port numbers dynamically for each connection. When a service (server program) initially is started, it is said to bind to its designated port number. As any client program wants to use that server, it also must request to bind to the designated port number.

Port numbers are from 0 to 65536. Ports 0 to 1024 are reserved for use by certain privileged services. For the HTTP service, port 80 is defined as a default and it does not have to be specified in the Uniform Resource Locator (URL).

A firewall is software or hardware that creates a protective barrier between your computer and potentially damaging content on the Internet or network. The firewall helps to guard your computer against malicious users, and also against malicious software such as computer viruses and worms.
has a bunch of links for FOSS firewalls. These are free and very good.

If you don't want to download something
Enable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP or Windows XP SP1
The firewall feature can be useful when you want to protect a dial-up connection when dialing directly into an Internet service provider (ISP), or to protect a LAN connection that is connected to an asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) or cable modem. You can also enable the firewall feature on the Internet connection of an Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) host computer to provide protection to the ICS host computer.

To enable Internet Connection Firewall feature using the Network Setup Wizard in Windows XP or Windows XP SP1:
1. Run the Network Setup Wizard. To access this wizard, point to Control Panel, double-click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Setup or change your home or small office network.
2. The Internet Connection Firewall is enabled when you choose a configuration in the wizard that indicates that your computer is connected directly to the Internet.
To configure Internet Connection Firewall manually in Windows XP or Windows XP SP1:
1. Click Start, click Run, type control.exe netconnections, and then click OK.
2. Right-click the connection on which you would like to enable ICF, and then click Properties.
3. On the Advanced tab, click the box to select the option to Protect my computer or network.
4. If you want to enable the use of some applications and services through the firewall, you must enable them. To do this, click Settings, and then click to select the programs, protocols, and services that you want to enable for the ICF configuration. gl
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/27/2012, 17:44   #9

i'm try after