Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Swordsman Online Private Server

Discussion on Swordsman Online Private Server within the Private Server Advertising forum part of the Private Server category.

Old 05/30/2014, 15:13   #16

elite*gold: 0
I was wondering how this game would be. Pretty interesting so far. You can play the game in three different ways, I'm sure the most popular is going to be action, like the tool tip says, it's for those who like Neverwinter. TBH, you can tell it's a PWE game tho. A lot of the UI like inventory, looks similar to JD, PWI, Ether Saga, and all that.

All I gatta say is, I'm really hope this isn't given up on so easily. Really looking forward to more translation work done, liking it so far. Good ping and everything.

Quests are not translated along with items, as you can see by some posts, but quests have orange text you can click that auto paths you, also, some seem to have an arrow path on the ground that guide you. So doable...but tough until translated. The level 5 quest is tough tho, no idea what it wants, something about schools and choosing a weapon I think?
Old 05/30/2014, 18:37   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldrush View Post
where is that translations? can't do many many quest.. only reason less people and less english lol

stuck can't do any quest now. no quest means no levels
Press the instance button on the top left, use 2x exp by pressing EXP on the top middle. Press events on the top left, you can do that as well. If your 25+ (I believe) hit O, you can craft, most of that's already translated. So much more to do, just look for it~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixxy View Post
Quests are not translated along with items, as you can see by some posts, but quests have orange text you can click that auto paths you, also, some seem to have an arrow path on the ground that guide you. So doable...but tough until translated. The level 5 quest is tough tho, no idea what it wants, something about schools and choosing a weapon I think?
It is essentially class selection, after which you can upgrade every 20 levels and learn a new "style" for the school/class you chose, at level 30 you can make your own style.

The server is great, translations seem to be coming in nicely, you can get well past 40+ with just auto tracking quests, and using a bit of common sense trying to figure out any puzzles.

Really glad that the guild system seems to be partially translated as well, to the point of understanding most things. If you are playing, and are totally confused, just press "i" and join "Dynasty" atm, as it's the only guild up, and you can get some help, and progress.

I just hope the population increases, probably after the PWE version comes out.
Old 05/31/2014, 15:43   #18

what are the xp and drop rates ? O_O
Old 05/31/2014, 17:19   #19

all rate is 1X
Old 05/31/2014, 20:26   #20

As stated above, the current rates are 1x, but the server still needs some translations, and bugs fixed before rates and other things are adjusted, I say.

This is my first time playing the game, and with 1x rates, getting to level 40 is a breeze, but I hear after that it get's kinda grindy. You already get bonus double XP you can activate at any time, so increasing the base XP shouldn't be too high if the bonus double ingame just flat out increases all XP gain via mobs by x2.

So far, 3x XP and maybe 3/5x drop rate seem to be a decent starting point when we get there.

So far, the only translations that needs done are quests, and some things here and there. Items, basic NPC dialog, skills and UI are translated.

Current issues right now are when in a guild opening the guild menu crashes you, and bought dungeon gear via Orders show no popup when moused over showing their stats.
Old 05/31/2014, 21:17   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by encodex View Post
Press the instance button on the top left, use 2x exp by pressing EXP on the top middle. Press events on the top left, you can do that as well. If your 25+ (I believe) hit O, you can craft, most of that's already translated. So much more to do, just look for it~

It is essentially class selection, after which you can upgrade every 20 levels and learn a new "style" for the school/class you chose, at level 30 you can make your own style.

The server is great, translations seem to be coming in nicely, you can get well past 40+ with just auto tracking quests, and using a bit of common sense trying to figure out any puzzles.

Really glad that the guild system seems to be partially translated as well, to the point of understanding most things. If you are playing, and are totally confused, just press "i" and join "Dynasty" atm, as it's the only guild up, and you can get some help, and progress.

I just hope the population increases, probably after the PWE version comes out.
well stuck at level 36, all quest I have now don't have any tracking system..

Requested like thousand time to join "Dynasty" but there was no one there to accept or whatever
Old 06/01/2014, 00:34   #22

only problem i have with the game right now is that the mobs drop more items than the game shows on the ground , only hp and mp potions are visible but when you press R to pick up items you pick a lot more of other items that are invisible ....
Old 06/01/2014, 02:44   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldrush View Post
well stuck at level 36, all quest I have now don't have any tracking system..

Requested like thousand time to join "Dynasty" but there was no one there to accept or whatever

The guild interface is borked, game crashes when you open it, so inviting people via that isn't going to happen.

If it can happen manually person to person, I'm sure someone will throw you an invite. Could use more actives in the guild to help build it up.

Right now, I'm starting to see how much of a grind the game is at 40+, at level 39 field mobs give 344 XP, which is 0.02% of the level. Instance mobs don't give that much more, but there are a lot of them in an instance. A full run of the level 32+ instance gives me 10%, which isn't too bad if instances weren't limited to how many you can run a day.

The game is nice, it's another MMORPG thrown onto the table by PWE, but it at least has fun combat. I havn't tried PvP yet, it's apparently open world PvP.
Old 06/02/2014, 10:58   #24

yeah its true they should change the exp rate + quest exp it take like forever to reach lvl 60 you could play then retail when its there so better change exp rates so more ppl are attracted and we can have some fun with guild events and pvp etc.
Old 06/02/2014, 17:05   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfire View Post
yeah its true they should change the exp rate + quest exp it take like forever to reach lvl 60 you could play then retail when its there so better change exp rates so more ppl are attracted and we can have some fun with guild events and pvp etc.

I'm sure a lot of stuff will change over time, but right now fixing the guild interface, and gear tooltips not appearing for some gear should be done first, along with more translations.

Looking at the rankings, there's 200+ characters made so far, but maybe like 30-40 active players throughout the day. Nice start, hopefully once the game is spruced up some more we will start to see a lot more.
Old 06/04/2014, 19:16   #26

yeah but did you reached lvl 45 +
you have to grind like 12 hours for 1 lvl and this game goes till 80
12 hours would be ok at 70+
they should really change the rates.
Till then my Friends and i will pause
Old 06/05/2014, 19:54   #27

Starting to have a bad feeling about this server. The game is nice and all, but it's too retail like right now and no word on what all is being worked on or what is planned on being worked on.

Their donation rates are terrible....I think? They say $5 per 1000, I assume they mean 1000 sycee per $5. But costumes cost 3500+ sycee. That's worse than retail, and to make matters worse, they have level 5 gems in their item mall for 24k scycee. With current donation rates, that will cost an arm and a leg, but it will give players who can afford it a huge difference in strength.
Old 06/06/2014, 00:37   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixxy View Post
Starting to have a bad feeling about this server. The game is nice and all, but it's too retail like right now and no word on what all is being worked on or what is planned on being worked on.

Their donation rates are terrible....I think? They say $5 per 1000, I assume they mean 1000 sycee per $5. But costumes cost 3500+ sycee. That's worse than retail, and to make matters worse, they have level 5 gems in their item mall for 24k scycee. With current donation rates, that will cost an arm and a leg, but it will give players who can afford it a huge difference in strength.
true that means 150$ for 1 gem.
thats just to much anyway im just using the server to test the classes and wait till retail is released.
Because every high player is leaving thats just a wast of time to keep playing on a dyieng server
Old 07/08/2014, 14:08   #29

server dead better close
Old 07/24/2014, 13:23   #30

what is the rates on this server? EXP/Money?