Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Off Topic
You last visited: Today at 16:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

LoL vs Dota!

Discussion on LoL vs Dota! within the Off Topic forum part of the Off-Topics category.

View Poll Results: Which game is the best?
DOTA , DOTA 2 <3 24 32.43%
LOL <3 50 67.57%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10/04/2014, 11:44   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_In_Heaven View Post
every lol players says servers are lagging

prices are very high , 1 skin can even cost 20 euros + ..

so where all money goes ?

rito's pocket

anyway im a fan of both i play lol atm just my opinion
thats true and something LoLPlayers cant denie, while there are arcane skins in dota who are really expensive, the normal skins are 2-5€ each, so when i pay 10€ for 1-2skins in LoL, i get up to 5 or even more if i go with the steammarket for the same money
Old 10/04/2014, 12:48   #32

Received Thanks: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_In_Heaven View Post
LoL doesen't give money to their best players , rito doesen't give money anywhere not even to the servers

Something that has never happened on wc3
What? Riot gives a monthly salary to the LCS teams. For the players and the coaches.
Old 10/04/2014, 14:10   #33

elite*gold: 595
The Black Market: 190/0/0
Nothing.
Old 10/04/2014, 14:20   #34

elite*gold: 11
Received Thanks: 6,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammy' View Post
thats true and something LoLPlayers cant denie, while there are arcane skins in dota who are really expensive, the normal skins are 2-5€ each, so when i pay 10€ for 1-2skins in LoL, i get up to 5 or even more if i go with the steammarket for the same money
In LoL the cheapest skins(without the weekly sales) cost 520rp. You can get 1780 RP(with psc) for 10€. There are ~115 Skins for only 520rp. So you get 3 skins for 10€, which isnt expensive at all.

Now let's take a look at the most expensive items from both games, ok? Dota 2 = a Head for 320€, and more stuff for over 300€.
Most expensive skin, you can buy right now in the lol store = 3250RP(2skins) which is less than 20€ per skin.

We can now do this **** with every item but it doesnt matter. The Skins don't give anyone any advantage, so if you compare the games, just leave them out.

Both games are good, both games have a different player base. While LoL is easier to learn, it's still hard to master. Dota is hard to learn & hard to master.
But does that make Dota better than Lol? Nope it doesnt.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/04/2014, 14:44   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashuri View Post
Now let's take a look at the most expensive items from both games, ok? Dota 2 = a Head for 320€, and more stuff for over 300€.
Most expensive skin, you can buy right now in the lol store = 3250RP(2skins) which is less than 20€ per skin..
This head is not available in the dotastore and was a craftable item or from a event, and to say: some skins in LoL were sold for 300+ too when skincard were till there. Invalid argument
Old 10/04/2014, 14:50   #36

The Black Market: 107/0/0
DotA 2 best.
Old 10/04/2014, 15:30   #37

Quote:
This head is not available in the dotastore and was a craftable item or from a event, and to say: some skins in LoL were sold for 300+ too when skincard were till there. Invalid argument
I was just taking the most expensive Item from the steammarket to compare. I'm pretty sure there are some "normal" items that cost more than 20€(which would be the most expensive skin in the lolstore), or at least the same.
Old 10/04/2014, 15:58   #38

elite*gold: 34
Received Thanks: 1,227
I voted for DotA cause it's much better than LoL.
I have also played LoL till I got lvl 5, but still, I dont like the game in any way.

LoL is missing a lot of functions/things, thats why LoL is more casual and more easy to play. In LoL if u have in the first 5mins something about 5kills, the game result is known, your team is gonna win, but in DotA you can have really big comebacks.

Why I dont like LoL and hate it:
- No courier
- No TPs
- Getting infinite gold(if you die you dont loose gold, and a creep mustn't die to get gold, you just get it every second lol )
- You must buy champions to play them.
- In LoL you must buy skins to have them, in DotA you can get them after a game.
- The graphics are like, drawed with hand.
- When you move ur character, the game mechanics are so made, that there is no rotation formula. In LoL when u move or turn around he instant changes his direction. In DotA you have rotation and so on.

And there are much more things I don't like about LoL and which are missing in LoL.

I think LoL will never get on the level of DotA and cause of this my opinion is still and will always be: DotA is better.

PS: As DotA I mean DotA1 and DotA2, just didn't want to write the number down.
Old 10/04/2014, 17:22   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxharCs View Post
I have also played LoL till I got lvl 5, but still, I dont like the game in any way.
That's like saying "i played Dota for 30mins, and it's full of ****".
Sorry to say that, but if you played until lvl5 you cant possibly know enough to allow yourself to judge the game.

But it's a good example, why a lot of LoL player hate dota, and dota player hate LoL. Both partys didnt play the other game enough to know how it works, what it has to offer and how you really play it.
Old 10/04/2014, 17:41   #40

Quote:
That's like saying "i played Dota for 30mins, and it's full of shit".
Sorry to say that, but if you played until lvl5 you cant possibly know enough to allow yourself to judge the game.

But it's a good example, why a lot of LoL player hate dota, and dota player hate LoL. Both partys didnt play the other game enough to know how it works, what it has to offer and how you really play it.
A lot of my friends play LoL frequently, or better to say everday, and they also tried out DotA for a time, and I can say you, all of them said that DotA is much better than LoL.
"But why do you still play then LoL?" - Was my question, and their answer was just: "'Cause LoL is our habit, we like the graphics and some other things about LoL and have a high rank in a cool ranking system. It's not worth to start playing from the beginning with just a MMR - System."

So I am allowed to judge about the game, because I got much of information, judges and experience from my friends about LoL and ofcourse of the experience I got by myself in this 5lvl.
+ I didn't attack any player of LoL, I just said facts what LoL is leaking/missing(which are true; for example: no courier) and my opinion.

And if I say that I don't like a game then it's no offensive, it's just my video games taste and so you have no right to bring my mind up that I must love/like a game you love/like.
For example: I hate ProEvolution Soccer, but i love FiFa. Are you or someone else gonna say me something similar to this again? =>
Quote:
you cant possibly know enough to allow yourself to judge the game.
You have no right to say me what to love/like and what not.
Old 10/04/2014, 17:43   #41

elite*gold: 13
Quote:
Want skillbased Game: Dota
Want Game based on the mood of the players you get matched with: LoL

Dota > LoL in every way
Not true, if you΄re good you can always carry your team which is not the case in dota.
Old 10/04/2014, 17:57   #42

Quote:
A lot of my friends play LoL frequently, or better to say everday, and they also tried out DotA for a time, and I can say you, all of them said that DotA is much better than LoL.
"But why do you still play then LoL?" - Was my question, and their answer was just: "'Cause LoL is our habit, we like the graphics and have a high rank in a cool ranking system. It's not worth to start playing from the beginning with just a MMR - System."

So I am allowed to judge about the game, because I got much of information, judges and experience from my friends about LoL and ofcourse of the experience I got by myself in this 5lvl.
+ I didn't attack any player of LoL, I just said facts what LoL is leaking/missing(which are true; for example: no courier) and my opinion.
Well, than let me tell you what was wrong in your first post.

Quote:
LoL is missing a lot of functions/things, thats why LoL is more casual and more easy to play. In LoL if u have in the first 5mins something about 5kills, the game result is known, your team is gonna win, but in DotA you can have really big comebacks.
Thats so wrong that i don't even want to say anything about it.

Quote:
Why I dont like LoL and hate it:
- No courier
- No TPs
Well, yeah you dont have a courier, i cant deny that. But i played dota and didnt really felt the need to have one. Thats just personal i guess.
The TP part i don't understand, why would you need scrolls for teleporting back, if you have your "skill" to do the same? They're not even expensive, so there is actually no need for them.

Quote:
- Getting infinite gold(if you die you dont loose gold, and a creep mustn't die to get gold, you just get it every second lol )
You get 19gold per 10seconds. That means, while core Items cost around ~3000gold, you would need to "wait" around 26mins just to buy one item. A normal game goes around 30-40mins and you have 6 items at the end, which are around 10-15k at total. A game would need to be around 1-2h long just to have all items through the gold per second.
Sure you get "infinite" gold, but most of the gold you get, you get through kills and minion kills. Get your facts straight bro.

Quote:
- You must buy champions to play them.
- In LoL you must buy skins to have them, in DotA you can get them after a game.
Yep, you must buy them. Why is that so bad? This way you can focus on the things you want to play, there is no need to have every champ if you only play one or two lanes.
And yes, you have to buy skins. But that shouldnt be a reason to not play a game. They're just for good looking, they dont give you any advantage.

Quote:
- The graphics are like, drawed with hand.
Yeah..it's called "comic style". Also it'll be updated soon, since the graphics are quite old.

Quote:
- When you move ur character, the game mechanics are so made, that there is no rotation formula. In LoL when u move or turn around he instant changes his direction. In DotA you have rotation and so on.
I didnt experienced any difference while playing Dota(after playing LoL for over 2years). Maybe thats just me or you're just imagining stuff.
Old 10/04/2014, 18:13   #43

Quote:
Yep, you must buy them. Why is that so bad? This way you can focus on the things you want to play, there is no need to have every champ if you only play one or two lanes.
And yes, you have to buy skins. But that shouldnt be a reason to not play a game. They're just for good looking, they dont give you any advantage.
For skins you are right.
But if I play a free to play game, then I don't expect to pay to get something or to unlock something(example: a champion or account boosts to give you some kind of advantage in the game).

Quote:
The TP part i don't understand, why would you need scrolls for teleporting back, if you have your "skill" to do the same? They're not even expensive, so there is actually no need for them.
Hm how to say that, at my Lvls in LoL I had a teleport back skill, but not a teleport to tower skill or item. And I am still not sure if there is an item or a skill which can teleport you back to a tower. I would be pleased if you let me know if there is a skill or an item which lets you teleport back to a tower and not to the base. I couldn't extract that information in your post :/

Quote:
I didnt experienced any difference while playing Dota(after playing LoL for over 2years). Maybe thats just me or you're just imagining stuff.
I think you didn't notice it. DotA has turn rates, LoL not.
Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Turn_rate
A hero with a turn rate of 0.4 and a turn rate slow of 70% takes roughly 0.785 seconds to turn 180 degrees. (0.03π / (0.4 * 0.3))
Old 10/04/2014, 18:23   #44

Quote:
For skins you are right.
But if I play a free to play game, then I don't expect to pay to get something or to unlock something(example: a champion or account boosts to give you some kind of advantage in the game).
You don't gain any advantage by buying the exp/ip boosts. You dont gain any advantage buy buying a certain champion, since you still need to master him to play him good.
There is not even one item that gives you an advantage in LoL. You can get everything(except for skins) with only playing the game.

Also in every free to play game there are things you need to pay for, thats what free2play means. You can play it for free, you can enjoy it for free, but you need to pay for things if you want something that other players dont have.
Most f2p games contain items that give you an advantage. In LoL there is, as i said, no item of that kind.

Quote:
Hm how to say that, at my Lvls in LoL I had a teleport back skill, but not a teleport to tower skill or item. And I am still not sure if there is an item or a skill which can teleport you back to a tower. I would be pleased if you let me know if there is a skill or an item which lets you teleport back to a tower and not to the base. I couldn't extract that information in your post :/
Well there are summoner spells, one of these spells is "teleport" which lets you teleport to one of your tower, minions or wards. Since it has a cooldown of 240seconds, it puts some kind of strategy to the game if you use it.

Quote:
I think you didn't notice it. DotA has turn rates, LoL not.
Example:
.078 seconds to turn 180°? That's pretty much nothing i would think is necessary, maybe in a teamfight but not even than it should have much of an impact.
Old 10/05/2014, 19:24   #45

League of Legends has much more Action i think and that is why i prefer it.