Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Perfect World
You last visited: Today at 08:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Some Questions

Discussion on Some Questions within the Perfect World forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 02/17/2012, 23:58   #31

elite*gold: 0
Right, so converting from dx8 to dx9 wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

Just did find/replace on most of the stuff. For drawing text, you don't need the Begin() and End() stuff anymore, just DrawText.
Code:
pFont->DrawTextA( NULL, text, -1, &Rectangle, 0, color );
Also removed calls to SetVertexShader() and used SetFVF instead.
Code:
	//pDevice->SetVertexShader( NULL /*D3DFVF_XYZRHW | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE | D3DFVF_TEX1*/); 
	pDevice->SetFVF( D3DFVF_XYZRHW | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE | D3DFVF_TEX1 );
No longer using CreateImageSurface(). Using CreateOffscreenPlainSurface() now:

Code:
	//pDevice->CreateImageSurface(surfDesc.Width, surfDesc.Height, surfDesc.Format, &pCleanSurface);
	pDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface( surfDesc.Width, surfDesc.Height, surfDesc.Format, D3DPOOL_MANAGED , &pCleanSurface, NULL );
Replaced CopyRects() with UpdateSurface():
Code:
	//pDevice->CopyRects(pCleanSurface, NULL, 0, pTexSurface, NULL);
	pDevice->UpdateSurface( pCleanSurface, NULL, pTexSurface, NULL );
Code:
	//pDevice->CopyRects(pSurface, pSrcRect, 1, pTexSurface, &destPoint);
	pDevice->UpdateSurface( pSurface, pSrcRect, pTexSurface, &destPoint );

Think that about sums up my changes. I don't know much about D3D programming, but it seems to work so w/e. xD

So all thats left is to update the structs. Woohoo! ....
Old 02/18/2012, 10:17   #32

I guess I'll have to give it a go when I have time. I do love my autopot lol.
Old 02/22/2012, 12:21   #33

had to change

Code:
pDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface( surfDesc.Width, surfDesc.Height, surfDesc.Format, D3DPOOL_MANAGED , &pCleanSurface, NULL );
to
Code:
pDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface( surfDesc.Width, surfDesc.Height, surfDesc.Format, D3DPOOL_SCRATCH , &pCleanSurface, NULL );
for the same effect as d3d8 surfaces. Cutting up surfaces didn't work very well with D3DPOOL_MANAGED. (i.e. crashes) But the rest worked well for me, thanks Saved me some looking around... autoPot all functional and pretty again.

Mind giving an update on your progress? I'm kinda intrigued about what exactly you're doing (perhaps a screenshot or so lol)

edit: **** it doesn't actually work... it only stops my program from crashing, but it doesn't make it display the dragged items properly
Old 02/22/2012, 19:26   #34

The Descent update changed the structs a bit, need to update them. I haven't tried yet, been taking advantage of the 2x drop/exp on the servers xD

Some of the new entries are probably the Orders they added (Corona, Shroud, etc.).
Old 02/23/2012, 10:23   #35

The structs weren't very hard to update, just stupid d3d9. I'll have to either cut the icons out in advance or figure a different way to cut them runtime

For now I'm rewriting my d3d framework a little and gonna see how hard it is to add 3D objects to the game.