Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Perfect World
You last visited: Today at 05:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Best Class for Botting?

Discussion on Best Class for Botting? within the Perfect World forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Best Class for Botting?

Hey, I'm just wondering what class and build would be best for botting. I was thinking probably a Barbarian would be best with a heavy tanker build. What do you all think? I'd love to know what you use.
Old 08/18/2011, 18:23   #2

elite*gold: 20
I use a veno and an archer

Ranged = less repair
Old 08/18/2011, 18:34   #3

Okay, good to know. I found when using Prophet Bot I had an issue with picking up the items dropped when using a ranged bot however.

*Edit* The issue being that my bot wasn't travelling to pick up the objects.

That being said, what about a Mystic in the sense that you have the ability of the pet, the healing and the decent strength ranged attacks?
Old 08/18/2011, 19:04   #4

I hate new classes, I only play the old ones
Old 08/18/2011, 19:12   #5

I can appreciate that. I wasn't fussy of the new classes either, I mainly just like Mystic cause they're pretty overpowered and they're great for soloing.
Old 08/19/2011, 02:41   #6

Venomancer is the best, or even mystic, the coders love to make venomancer and mystic pets compatible too, they think its fun, I have no clue why tho o.o Id think it would be harder ...
Old 08/19/2011, 08:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
Venomancer is the best, or even mystic, the coders love to make venomancer and mystic pets compatible too, they think its fun, I have no clue why tho o.o Id think it would be harder ...
It's actually not that much extra effort. Pets generally go after mobs on their own when you attack them, so you don't need to actually make them attack (although that's easily solved by sending a packet). You have to build in functionality for using potions anyway, so that takes care of the pet food and the pet struct is generally static so you only need to find one offset for it in the player struct and the rest can remain the same.
Old 08/21/2011, 12:39   #8

Interesting. I've often wanted to learn programming, but have never really had the time or the know-how to make any successful attempts. Though it still intrigues me very much so.
Old 08/21/2011, 20:59   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stchristophear View Post
Interesting. I've often wanted to learn programming, but have never really had the time or the know-how to make any successful attempts. Though it still intrigues me very much so.
You should really just hit up a tutorial for some programming language. There are usually quite thorough step-by-step ones available with code you can pretty much copy paste if needed (try not to though). It will give you a good basic idea how programming works and should only take up a few hours to a day of your time, depending on how long a tutorial you pick.

I'd recommend starting with a language such as Java or C#; they are object oriented, which is imho an important aspect of programming, but not as complex as C++. Languages such as AutoIt are very useful for quickly scripting up some small program, but they're a nightmare when you make more complex programs.

I personally enjoy writing in C#, but once you manage the basics of one language it is usually not too hard to understand other languages. The only 'difficult concept' for some people who come from higher level languages such as AutoIt are objects, which is why I'd recommend starting off in an object oriented language.
Old 08/22/2011, 14:22   #10

Okay, maybe I'll take a look for some Java tutorials. I have dabbled with programs like BYOND before but I know that one isn't particularly anywhere near as powerful or professional as Java or C#, it was mainly a small hobby for me, but I think I would like to learn something useful.

Thanks for the kick in the *** to get me going.
Old 08/23/2011, 17:34   #11

Swoosh, Are you Swoosh the wizard on Sanc server?
Old 08/23/2011, 19:24   #12

I was, I quit ages ago dude.

Why?