Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Metin2 > Metin2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] New models for World Editor.

Discussion on [Question] New models for World Editor. within the Metin2 Private Server forum part of the Metin2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] New models for World Editor.

Hello there!

I have a question - How to add new models to map editor? I've downloaded map editor that is injected to game. It have own folder like unpacked zone.epk but with files.prb (something like information files) that can be edit with notepad. Here is what We can find in it:

YPRT
buildingfile "d:/ymir work/zone/a/building/a1-middledam-03.gr2"
propertyname "a1-middledam-03"
propertytype "Building"
shadowflag "1"

As You see, We got direct to game files with obiects. And now I want to add there my own model. I've copied one of these .prb files and changed code to this:

YPRT
buildingfile "d:/ymir work/zone/c/building/palac.gr2"
propertyname "palac"
propertytype "Building"
shadowflag "1"

And now there's a problem. Map editor see there is a new model added on list, but it is still importing another one - from that .prb I've copied to change.

I've got an idea. Look at second line in code. I think that number is something like model's ID, cuz every file got another number. So... I've not changed that number and I think this is the problem.... So. My question is - How to add this number to game source and attach it to my model?

P.S. Sorry for my english.
Old 08/02/2014, 15:50   #2

Refresh
Old 08/02/2014, 15:56   #3

elite*gold: 97
You use a Python based Map editor?
Why dont you use WorldEditor... ?
Old 08/03/2014, 12:59   #4

Well... I just found first better map editor to test if it works. I know that many ppl have problem with running it. Yes, it is editor based on Python.

Hmm... WorldEditor You say... Is it works on XP sys? Or I need any concrete version?

Ok, I've another question now. Is there any good tutorial for WorldEditor? I have a problem with load one of game map (invalid file type error).
Old 08/03/2014, 19:48   #5

Take a look here, its more easier then using python map editors.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2014, 09:56   #6

Hmm... Deutsch... I don't know it very much, but... I think it'll be very helpful anyway. Thank You for help
Old 08/04/2014, 13:37   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minomike View Post
Hmm... Deutsch... I don't know it very much, but... I think it'll be very helpful anyway. Thank You for help
No problem, you may also press it If you want english tutorials just look on google. This is just a help for you, now you can decide what you need and can look up for it.

Regards
Old 08/04/2014, 13:52   #8

Erm... Alright. I've got new problem. I've loaded my model to WorldEditor,

Here is render:

but WorldEditor is playing in Picasso...:

How can I repair it? Have I to interfere into game source?

Hmm... I didn't found any tutorials, so I've tried to fix it myself. Well... I see some progress. There must be some problem with this model cuz it looks like this now:

I noticed I didn't attach all elements. Well, I notice model have some dummy in 3d max too, so I removed it. And... Model had Z on -, so I fixed it to 0. I don't know what is wrong yet... I'll try more things.

And hm... Look how it looks before placing...:

Ok, here is the lastest effect of my fix...:

I don't know what can I do yet...
Closed Thread