Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Main
You last visited: Today at 10:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Goodbye Elitepvpers

Discussion on Goodbye Elitepvpers within the Main forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Goodbye Elitepvpers

EDIT: Ha! I just got news that the bills were scrapped!
I can't wait to hear about that on the news tomorrow.

This can be closed now I guess. =]
Victory for the internet!

================================================== ========

Hey elitepvpers,

As most of you are aware, there are two bills being proposed to congress: SOPA & PIPA.
If you are not aware of these two bills, check out this short video:

If SOPA & PIPA pass, elitepvpers will be one of the first websites NetDragon will target.
If elitepvpers's domain is purchased from the US, then it might be removed completely
from the internet and replaced with something like this:

Even if the domain doesn't belong to the United States, the owners here could be tracked down
and imprisoned under U.S. Federal Law. Also, elitepvpers can be completely blocked from all
U.S. IPSs. Please help take action and save elitepvpers:

What can you do?

Put something in your signature linking to this thread and spread the word!
HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/main/1669007-goodbye-elitepvpers.html"][IMG]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/017/8/1/81808b1c4edd7f1024b0dd7543fd29e0-d4mp6q2.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[B][COLOR="Red"]STOP SOPA AND SAVE U.S. TRAFFIC TO ELITEPVPERS![/COLOR][/B]
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/21/2012, 12:51   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Even if the domain doesn't belong to the United States, the owners here could be tracked down
and imprisoned under U.S. Federal Law
Actually, they can't. Not being a US citizen means not being affected by US laws. Of course except the case that you currently are in the US.
Old 01/21/2012, 13:49   #3

elite*gold: 0
hope sopa wont get any rights
Old 01/21/2012, 18:34   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad' View Post
Actually, they can't. Not being a US citizen means not being affected by US laws. Of course except the case that you currently are in the US.
That's not entirely true. I forgot what the term is, but the United States can go into other countries to bring offenders to the U.S. to be prosecuted. An extreme example is MegaUpload's owners. They're under arrest right now in New Zealand to be taken to the U.S. They did break many laws though regarding copyright infringement. If SOPA passed, it would give the U.S. rights to prosecute website owners for hosting copyrighted material.

SOPA and PIPA were both scrapped though. We should still be aware of what's going on in congress though. It might reappear under a different name.
Old 01/21/2012, 18:56   #5

elite*gold: 1725
Received Thanks: 16,158
Already talked to Luke. Epvp will be shut down tonight.

Jesus, didn´t know, that I really have to put the /ironie off
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread