Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 11:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Last Nights patch (6/7/10)

Discussion on Last Nights patch (6/7/10) within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Last Nights patch (6/7/10)

Is the client working for anyone, whenever I try to launch I get past the start game button, but when the window pops and begins to load the login screen it crashes with a client .exe error. I'm wondering if this is caused by tiara, something stupid I did, or if lame ole nexon goofed again.

Oh and I don't mean patch I meant maintenance (my bad)
Old 07/07/2010, 17:53   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoustic View Post
Is the client working for anyone, whenever I try to launch I get past the start game button, but when the window pops and begins to load the login screen it crashes with a client .exe error. I'm wondering if this is caused by tiara, something stupid I did, or if lame ole nexon goofed again.

Oh and I don't mean patch I meant maintenance (my bad)
No nexon didn't goof. They patched the last version of Tiara.
Old 07/07/2010, 18:24   #3

Bummer...nexon always has to ruin a good thing I guess. Thank you for the response

ugh just realized I put june in the title instead of july...
Old 07/07/2010, 18:44   #4

Can anyone answer a question for me? I have a modless install of Mabi on a secondary computer, and every time an update comes I have to reinstall the client otherwise the update will not take.
its Windows XP service pack 3
No other issues arise with running mabi.
Any ideas?
Old 07/07/2010, 19:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzzedout View Post
No nexon didn't goof. They patched the last version of Tiara.
wrong. nexon goofed. had to completely wipe out my nexon directory, remove any registry entries pertaining to nexon and hackshield, re-installed 3 times before it finally worked. the boys and girls at nexon just happen to be absolute geniuses when it comes to crapware...oops, i mean updates. And that's just on my laptop. I still can't get my desktop to run, and it's the new computer.
Old 07/07/2010, 19:15   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawntobishop View Post
Can anyone answer a question for me? I have a modless install of Mabi on a secondary computer, and every time an update comes I have to reinstall the client otherwise the update will not take.
its Windows XP service pack 3
No other issues arise with running mabi.
Any ideas?
Most likely, you need to update Hackshield by going into Mabinogi->HShield->Update and clicking autoup.exe.
I get the same errors every update :v
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/07/2010, 19:16   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart62 View Post
wrong. nexon goofed. had to completely wipe out my nexon directory, remove any registry entries pertaining to nexon and hackshield, re-installed 3 times before it finally worked. the boys and girls at nexon just happen to be absolute geniuses when it comes to crapware...oops, i mean updates. And that's just on my laptop. I still can't get my desktop to run, and it's the new computer.
Listen to yourself... if you had to reinstall 3 times that means it was your fault something was wrong; reinstalling the first time wipes the whole mabinogi file and any registry entry's BEFORE it unpacks.

All you needed to do to fix your problems was to remove any modded .dll's, replace them with clean ones, and DELETE THE HACKSHIELD LOG! <- thats the most important part

I uninstalled tiara, updated and the game ran fine the first time i started the client.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/07/2010, 19:17   #8

Thanks, wiping the HS log and running the updater worked like a charm.
Old 07/07/2010, 19:21   #9

Quote:
Listen to yourself... if you had to reinstall 3 times that means it was your fault something was wrong; reinstalling the first time wipes the whole mabinogi file and any registry entry's BEFORE it unpacks.

All you needed to do to fix your problems was to remove any modded .dll's, replace them with clean ones, and DELETE THE HACKSHIELD LOG! <- thats the most important part

I uninstalled tiara, updated and the game ran fine the first time i started the client.
I re-installed 2 times AFTER wiping out the nexon folder. Isn't the Hackshield log in the Nexon\Mabinogi folder?
Old 07/07/2010, 19:35   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart62 View Post
I re-installed 2 times AFTER wiping out the nexon folder. Isn't the Hackshield log in the Nexon\Mabinogi folder?
It is generally. Although some mods also edit registry entry's separate from nexon files (I know jinsu_nogi party does). The fact that you reinstalled twice and still had problems is odd.

My point is, if it worked eventually without another patch, it wasn't nexon causing the problem.
Old 07/07/2010, 19:51   #11

Quote:
It is generally. Although some mods also edit registry entry's separate from nexon files (I know jinsu_nogi party does). The fact that you reinstalled twice and still had problems is odd.

My point is, if it worked eventually without another patch, it wasn't nexon causing the problem.
the third time was after i wiped out all entries tied to nexon and hackshield in the registry.
Hopefully, this is the worst of this new update that we're going to run into. and...Hopefully Tiara can be updated. It's nice being able to see the whole dungeon and see other players combat power.
Old 07/07/2010, 19:55   #12

Thanks for arguing in a decent fashion XD, I was afraid this was going to get nasty.
Old 07/07/2010, 20:05   #13

I don't know about you guys but I just updated my XML files in the data folder and I got up and running just fine... Any time there's a patch I've done that and I could get on.

I made an attachment, just install Tiara's v63 (if you already haven't) and add this is. You should be able to play again, I am.

EDIT: Also I update my other files too, like world.english.txt. Which are in Tiara's.
Attached Files
File Type: rar data_v64.rar (567.5 KB, 59 views)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/07/2010, 20:26   #14

has anyone tried blade's method yet?
Old 07/07/2010, 21:59   #15

It's clean and working.
Closed Thread