Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 12:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

infinite HP ?

Discussion on infinite HP ? within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb infinite HP ?

I used WPE to capture SENT packets of attacking a mob. It seems none of those packets contain any data such as HP, there're only 2 sets of packets which are movement of your character and which mob to attack.

So I capture the RECV packets. I figured out which packets to be filtered when I got attacked. Now I can freeze my HP on screen, but after I killed the mob for a few seconds, my HP returns to normal which means I receive an update from the server that tells my real HP value. And if I let the mob to keep attacking me, I'd be killed even though my HP shows it's full on screen. I also try to do the same procedure for PVP mode. The result was the same.

I conclude the calculation part of HP is done by the server, not the client. In another word, there's no way to cheat infinite HP by modifying client side ( DLL edit or packet editing...etc). Unless you could hack into the game server or login as someone with permission to modify the database.

What do you guys think? Any other idea or suggestion?
Old 04/24/2010, 23:25   #2

Dunno, I would attempt to remove aggro, or just glitch them in some way? Just an airy idea. I don't really believe in finding a 'hole' in the combat area with WPE/rPE though.
Heck, what can I say though--never tried. Though I've done everything I could think of in open PvP...
Old 04/24/2010, 23:41   #3

Probably very server-sided. I attempted this long, long ago and nothing worked.

Also, the packets are encrypted; how in the world would you see any HP data? (Or anything else, without a decryption method)
Old 04/25/2010, 00:22   #4

you are right, the packets are all encrypted.
And I have no training in programming.

So, instead of decrypting the packets, I capture the RECV packets when I got 1 HP of damage. Then compare them with other higher HP damage packets and I found the part that contains HP data. So I filter that part with the 1 HP damage packet. But it's just fooling the client, server doesn't update information from client.

Now, I'm trying hard to think of possible glitch. I remember 2 years ago, there was a glitch of infinite HP for pets. And it got patched within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ちょうせい View Post
Probably very server-sided. I attempted this long, long ago and nothing worked.

Also, the packets are encrypted; how in the world would you see any HP data? (Or anything else, without a decryption method)
Old 04/25/2010, 06:26   #5

elite*gold: 240
all character data is stored serverside on a character server prior to entering the game server so this is how it works

Game server sends packet to character server
Character server adjusts hp accordingly then sends a packet to the client
so you are receiving a 2nd hand packet you are only modifying it between the client and the character server which means while you have "full" hp you are still dead because game and character servers aren't in agreement and game server > character server so you are dead
Old 04/25/2010, 18:03   #6

I'm not trolling or anything but I know infinite hp has worked in the past, there are videos of Iesouk doing it. The probability of you getting it without making it is low and besides that it may be only possible with a bypass. Its a DLL Edit is the only thing I'm saying :>
Old 04/25/2010, 18:32   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcraver View Post
I'm not trolling or anything but I know infinite hp has worked in the past, there are videos of Iesouk doing it. The probability of you getting it without making it is low and besides that it may be only possible with a bypass. Its a DLL Edit is the only thing I'm saying :>
It probably HAS worked in the past, but now it's been patched. If you don't even HAVE this mod how can you tell it's a dll edit + needs a bypass?

For all you know, it could be a cheat engine edit, or a packet edit. THOSE require bypasses (unless you have the special editor).

If it's a dll edit, you won't need anything more than nogiparty.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/26/2010, 01:27   #8

Thanks for the info.
So it's like this :
1) client sends packet of attacking a mob to game server
2) game server sends packet to character server
3) character server does the damage calculation
4) character server sends packet with HP damage data to client

What I did was filtering the 4th step which only fools the client. The real HP value is stored on character server, and it's syncronized with game server.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, would it be possible to fool the game server and make it thinks I have full HP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbstewa View Post
all character data is stored serverside on a character server prior to entering the game server so this is how it works

Game server sends packet to character server
Character server adjusts hp accordingly then sends a packet to the client
so you are receiving a 2nd hand packet you are only modifying it between the client and the character server which means while you have "full" hp you are still dead because game and character servers aren't in agreement and game server > character server so you are dead
Old 04/26/2010, 05:42   #9

elite*gold: 240
not any longer....
Closed Thread

Tags
hp, infinite