Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars
You last visited: Today at 00:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hiring Guild Wars Writer

Discussion on Hiring Guild Wars Writer within the Guild Wars forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Hiring Guild Wars Writer

Hello fellow (not-so fellow) Guild Wars players

I am making this post to offer a prosperous opportunity to anyone whom knows all about Guild Wars... because I don't.

I will soon be opening a forum of my own that has a plethora (a lot) of guides to look through for various games. Guess what, Guild Wars is one of these games.

Because I have hardly seen Guild Wars, played it very little, and never intend to learn it, I am offering a price for UNIQUE Guild Wars Guides.

Requirements for application:
  • Good English grammar and punctuation.
  • 100% Unique Content - This means you cannot go and find free guides on Google and copy and paste them to me. I'm not stupid.
  • Hand Written (Goes with 100% Unique Content)
  • You must be a high level, high attributed, player in the game. I do not know these specs, but I will do my research prior to hiring you. I don't want noobs trying to act like they know the game, but they don't!
  • PayPal account
  • Supply the guides WHEN REQUESTED. This means you need to have ample spare time on your hands. I will be a little courteous, but I won't be patient for long.
  • Give me all copyright permissions

I am willing to pay up to $1 per 100 words. At this very WORD is 236 words and I typed this all in about 5 minutes.

That's roughly $0.40 per minute of work.

However, if your articles do not meet my writing criteria that I personally assess, this amount may be lower. I promise that rates will not be lower than $0.30 per 100 words.

At $0.30 per work (my bare minimum offer) you would be making $0.12 a minute which is equivalent to $7.2 an hour. [Based off this article at 236 words in 5 minutes]

This writing criteria will be based off my own opinion. You may argue, but my offer will be final.

As a last note. A good example (not to brag) of good English grammar and punctuation is this post. I am a very experienced writer myself and I would like to see nothing less than my own expertise in writing. The site I am creating will eventually contain a 'database' of many guides that people will be able to sift through for their own game and their own need.

Do not post in this thread for applications::

PM ME with the following SUBJECT LINE

Guild Wars Writer Application

Consider this a job. You could be looking at a chunk full of money by the time I am done with you. THIS, is your resume. Supply me with a PM full of information regarding your experiences in this game. 'WOW' me!

P.S. - I am aware that there are many expansions for Guild Wars and many added races, content, and items for each expansion. Please include in your 'resume' on your opinion on what kind of guides would be most applicable on my website. I am thinking along the lines of 'pure' Guild Wars (no expansion) guides... because they can be applied to every single expansion.
Old 10/26/2010, 07:04   #2

elite*gold: 1826
Received Thanks: 6,284
lulz i don't even know what "hiring" means

edit: now i do
Old 10/26/2010, 16:07   #3

elite*gold: 134
The Black Market: 161/0/0
@u-coRe gz zum 2000. Post

@TE I think that you will cheat the ppl because you say:"Give me all copyright permissions" and so you will resell it, do you?
Old 10/26/2010, 16:09   #4

elite*gold: 100
lulz, why would someone read guides about a dead game?
Old 10/27/2010, 00:26   #5

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppel123 View Post
@u-coRe gz zum 2000. Post

@TE I think that you will cheat the ppl because you say:"Give me all copyright permissions" and so you will resell it, do you?
Not necessarily resell it, but monetize the use of it one way or another. I am simply the middleman between the writer and the reader. If you can *somehow* find someone who would be willing to buy a guide from you, then by all means... do it. But the kind of traffic you would need to appeal to even just one person to buying it is too much for just a writer to accomplish. You need a website, you need SEO, you need advertising. If you have all that, then by golly... do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddl View Post
lulz, why would someone read guides about a dead game?
Not dead... by far.