Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars
You last visited: Today at 04:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Key Farming

Discussion on Key Farming within the Guild Wars forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
go to Granite Citadel, buy a lot of Shiverhead Keys (600g each) go out the portal to Tasca's Demise and open the chest, go back in, do that over and over again. You will find max damage purple and gold weapons and major and superior runes there. It's a bit like playing the lottery. If you are lucky you will get some really nice items. I found two Runes of Superior Vigor and one Rune of Superior Absorbtion there. But a lot of people are doing it, so I think they're gonna move the chest away from the portal soon so you can't just run in and out. I also got some nice upgrades from the weapons I found there, like a staff wrapping of fortitude +30hp.
Old 09/20/2005, 14:03   #2

Also entweder du hattest den Papst in der Tasche oder du hast einfach das ein oder andere item dazugereimt.
Ich habe des Spaßes halber mal für 100p schlüssel gekauft was genau 166 Schlüssel waren.
Nachdem ich den ganzen **** beim Kaufmann verkauft habe, habe ich mir mal das Ergebniss angesehen.
Dabei waren jede menge Superior Mesmer und Waldi Runen, eine Menge lila Waffen und Runen und natürlich auch Gold Waffen.
Die Goldwaffen jedoch hatten bei mir nicht sonderlich gute bonis, also hatte ich etwa einige Bögen mit Leben +26 , 27, 28 und 29 genauso bei Stäben oder Schwertern. Jedoch hatte ich bei all den 166 Schlüsseln nicht eine einzige Rune die um die 30-60p wert ist.
Einfach gesagt ist das der dümmste Weg und lohnt sich nur um sein Geld wegzuschmeißen.
Nunja evtl. war es ja die Wahrheit die du sprachst dann Greetz, ich selber werde lieber die alten farmingspots nutzen, da sind die Drops kostenlos und es macht mehr spaß.
Old 09/20/2005, 14:11   #3

Well, as I said earlier it's like playing the lottery. I earned some money there. Don't sell your items to the merchant. I was selling the crappy weapons for 1k to other players, so I still earned 400g, then I bought new keys. I salvaged the good upgrades from the weapons and sold them for good money. People pay 5-15k for a unidentified gold sword, 5-10k for an unid gold bow... so trust me you can make money with it.

Oh, and I really found these runes. Of course you find a lot of crappy runes too, but if you're lucky you get some nice ones. If you find minor or major runes the rune trader would give you only 25g for, don't salvage them. Just identify them and sell them to the merchant, he will give you more.
Old 09/21/2005, 20:12   #4

okay you are right with saying merchant gives you more money for ident runes only but i think we all should play lottery and win real money than just throw away our gw gold by farm that chest.
ya okay you got that luck and found that sup vigor runes but i think its only in 1 of 1000000 chests
better farm augury rock you will earn 1,5-2,3k @ each run and most time youll get gold max drops and thats all for free
greetz
Old 09/22/2005, 22:58   #5

they fixed it anyway... no chest at citadel any more. You hardly find any chests at all in the shiverpeaks any more. Well at least I found 5 Runes of Superior Vigor and 2 Runes of Superior Absorbtion there.