Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > The Black Market > MMORPG Trading > Guild Wars Trading
You last visited: Today at 17:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dont buy ectos from scammers!!

Discussion on Dont buy ectos from scammers!! within the Guild Wars Trading forum part of the MMORPG Trading category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Dont buy ectos from scammers!!

I've just been scammed by Dave1980 for 7 stacks of ectos on GR. I'm not sure if he's the same guy as Dave_1980 on here. He will probably make a new account to sell ectos for really low. Only reason I got scammed was because nobody else was considering my offer of $25/stack so I guess gw is really dying. If you have to buy ectos, please buy from reputable sellers that have been around a while. Anyone new selling ectos (especially for really cheap) are probably scammers and if you're buying from them, you're supporting the scammers. I'm perfectly ok with losing 7 stacks of ectos as long as he doesn't get money from it. I'm quitting gw anyways. So that's just my 2 cents.

Also, his ebay account is calawrence2008. I verified that this does belong to him but not sure if it's been hacked or not. It has perfect feedbacks so if anyone uses this ebay account as reference, stay away.
Old 07/18/2011, 05:52   #2 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 52
so where is the proove?

...i am sorry 4 you but the mods canīt do anything for you becouse you didnīt trade per treasure.
Old 07/18/2011, 06:59   #3 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

WOAH WOAH WOAH wtf?. This is DEFINITELY NOT ME!. What other info do you have on this person?. Any details you have would be nice.

You can pm me if you like since it would seem someone is trying to pull some BS using my name.

That son of a *****.....thats my and my girlfriends ebay account.....me and you need to talk. PM me your msn info.
Old 12/07/2011, 02:12   #4 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 260
Not you ?

Ban this kid please.

I'd like to know why hes not banned yet :
Old 12/07/2011, 02:34   #5 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Hold on, I gotta pop in here and give my two cents worth. I know Dave1980 personally, he has well over 50+ feedback on multiple sites, but I can attest to say that over the past there have been a lot of people with his name. He will only ever go buy Dave1980, he will never have the underscore or anything, as far as I know. There are a lot of people out there who impersonate high rep people so make sure you are trading the right person!

EDIT******LOOK BELOW************************

Please refer to ************ :

The guy there named Dave198O is using an O instead of a zero '0' to impersonate dave, please be careful of imposters!!!!!
Old 12/07/2011, 05:05   #6 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Well as the guy quoted in the above links yeh thats me who put a scam alert out when it was bumped for sale again.

Saying that i have traded with Dave for a couple of years bought highend minis worth over 3000$++ and traded 100+stacks of ecto (anyone who has traded with me know when i buy i buy big) our last trade went rouge and i didnt get any response from dave for a time hence (quote "you can reply here .... scam alert or whatever") he has promised to rectify his mistake due to our past trade history i will give him the benifit of the doubt always ... i had given up on retrieving any loss from last trade if i get its good if i dont i dont care cause i make enough money in real life with a real job.

Moving on as Dragonel says there are impersonators etc becareful, why you didnt use a general search of the seller i dont know or use MM dont trust anyone... thats what ive learnt ive traded 10000$ worth only been scammed twice one 40$ looser here and 1 which mite be rectified.

As for that skype chat i was loling hard if it was the real dave calling me a douche man i am hurt lol if its not lol yet again.

and main point for this trade pls leave your proof anyone can accuse anyone u need evidence as for the rest of links thats another story
Old 12/07/2011, 08:13   #7 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

elite*gold: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonel View Post
Hold on, I gotta pop in here and give my two cents worth. I know Dave1980 personally, he has well over 50+ feedback on multiple sites, but I can attest to say that over the past there have been a lot of people with his name. He will only ever go buy Dave1980, he will never have the underscore or anything, as far as I know. There are a lot of people out there who impersonate high rep people so make sure you are trading the right person!

EDIT******LOOK BELOW************************

Please refer to ************ :

The guy there named Dave198O is using an O instead of a zero '0' to impersonate dave, please be careful of imposters!!!!!
Yeah but I know its the real one because we have talk on virtualfaqs and elitepvpers
Old 12/07/2011, 14:21   #8 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Quote:
I'm EGS banned by this kid.
Don't know if actually done by Dave1980, but this is true. slch has stated a succesfull trade there the day before yesterday and all of a sudden was banned today.

Yep, it obviously was Dave1980 on egs as shown otherwise.

Strange behaviour every-where.