Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 10:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

2 new trade scam exploits

Discussion on 2 new trade scam exploits within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
This is a working SWG scam that you have to pull off with the unknowing help of the CSRs.

There are two ways to do this. Both require you to use a 30K resource deed. I found this because I noticed there is a lag between the time you use a resource kit and the time it disappears from your inventory.

Vendor Method

The risk with this method is that it's VERY traceable if they start looking at your logs, but it does look like a legitimate and well known vendor bug that's been around for a while. If you play it right, the CSR might chalk it up to that bug and you're A-OK. If not, you might get busted. Here's the process:

1. Open up your vendor and select "Sell Item."
2. Find the resource kit in your vendor screen and select it and input the price. Do NOT sell it at this point, just put in a price. At this stage, the price doesn't matter, but to make it look better you might want to put the final sale price to be consistent.
3. Open your inventory and "Use" the resource kit to find the resource you want (make sure you select a good resource, because you are going to acutally use your kit and you won't get it back). Get all the way to the last screen on the kit, the one where you hit "Confirm" or whatever, but do NOT hit confirm just yet.
4. Instead, drag that last screen from your resource kit over to the screen for your vendor where you are going to sell the kit.
5. Now, what you need to do is line up the "confirm" button on the resource kit screen so that it is DIRECTLY OVER the "Sell Item" button on your vendor screen.
6. Once you get them lined up, click your mouse button twice really quick.
7. If you do it right, you will get a message that the item has been put up for sale and you will get the stack of resources in your inventory.
8. Soon after, you will get an e-mail saying the auction was unsuccessful.
9. Now, go into your stock room and you will see that the now non-existant resource kit is sitting there, waiting to be "sold" by you to some unsuspecting buyer (or your co-conspirator).
10. Select the resource kit from your stock room and input a price and sell it.
11. Later, someone will come by your vendor and try to buy the resource kit for your very reasonable price. They will buy it and get the vendor e-mail, and you will get the credits, but they will get a message that "The item cannot be retrieved because it no longer exists."
12. HAHAHAHA you just scammed someone out of their credits. Now, don't feel too bad. They just need to submit a CSR ticket to get their money back or a free crate of resources.
13. If you want to be REALLY ballsy, submitt a ticket yourself explaining the problem and pleading on behalf of your customer.
14. If you feel bad about scamming some unsuspecting buyer, you could also do this intentionally with the help of one of your friends - i.e. put a kit up for sale for $20 million and have your friend buy it. You will get his 20 million and he will submit a ticket and get reimbursed by the CSRs. The two of you can split the 20 million you gained through the scam. (DO NOT DO THIS USING ALTS B/C IT WILL LOOK SUSPICIOUS IF THE CSR CHECKS THE IPs FOR THE TWO ACCOUNTS).
15. If you are going to do this to ususpecting buyers, I would load up 3-4 of them this way and then never do it again. That way, if the CSRs get suspicious, you can say your vendor must've been bugged when you loaded them up.

Trade Method

The risk in this one is that you are doing a face to face transaction and it really puts your reputation in jeopardy. If you are going to do this, I would use an alt who's reputation you don't care about. It may not be as easily traceable as the vendor method, though.

1. This works best if you go to a bigger city where there will be lots of unsuspecting buyers.
2. Use your resource kit and get to the point where you have one stage left before you get your resources. It's very important to do this before you start a trade, because if you try to do it after the trade has started, it will cancel the trade.
3. Once you are at this point, just leave that screen up and then start spamming that you are selling a resource kit for whatever you want to sell it for.
4. Open up the trade window with your unsuspecting buyer and drag your resource kit into your side of the trade window. Wait for him to put in his credits and tick the confirm box.
5. You tick the confirm box and then wait for a little while because you want him to hit the "accept" button before you do. (He'll get the "waiting for X to accept" message in his window).
6. While you're waiting to make sure he has hit the accept button, drag your resource kit screen over your trade window and line up the two boxes like you did with the vendor trick.
7. After they are lined up, click your mouse button on the two buttons quickly. You want to have the resource screen on top of the trade screen so that you click it first.
8. You will get a message that the transaction has been completed and you will have a stack of resourcess in your inventory as well as the other person's credits. The person will get nothing in their inventory and you can tell them you have no idea what happened so they should submit a ticket.
9. What makes this particularly evil is that the CSRs may not reimburse the buyer because there is no system message about the item not existing anymore like in the vendor message. Thus, I would not run this scam with a friend, b/c he may not get his money back.

Fair Warning: If you do this not that the scam is public, you are probably going to get banned. So do it at your own risk.
Old 04/18/2005, 14:27   #2

elite*gold: 0
Thanks, sollte aber schon etas älter sein habe das schon mit gecrafteten buffpacks aus soclen Ressourcen erlebt.