Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Artists Den > General Art
You last visited: Today at 06:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Photoshop Plug-Ins and others

Discussion on Photoshop Plug-Ins and others within the General Art forum part of the Artists Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Photoshop Plug-Ins and others

Alright, so I looked around ElitePvPers and found no trace of anyone sharing any brushes, templates, fonts or anything with anyone.

So, considering I photoshop and I wish I had this kind of help when I first learned, I will show you the site where I got these things.

This is a site that has other things than photoshop, but what was brought to my attention were these three things : .PSD Files, Fonts, and Brushes

- These give you already made PSD Files so you don't have to do as much work. They include frames to put heads on pictures [you can use the clone stamp to put it on there and fix it up a little bit], various items such as apples, digital frames for artwork... etc.

- This is where the fonts are located. There are many fonts. Fonts that come in packages and fonts that come just seperately. I use the Gothic Flames font the most. As well as the Terror Font [I can't remember the name of it, it has a red book for a thumbnail though]

My favourite... brushes
I love brushes because there are so many to choose from to make a collage of some sorts. Just throw in some random brushing, screen some things, overlay the rest, put some of the others on soft light, and you got yourself a nice picture

- I use Astrlal, Sparkle, and Fractal the most

They also show you pictures of what the brushes can do.

How to :

How to install the fonts -
1) Once you download the font, open the .zip folder and extract it to an easy-access folder.
2) Go to your control panel [make sure the easy-access folder is open side by side to the control panel folder] and click on fonts
3) Drag and drop your fonts into there
4) Vo¡la! You can now use your new fonts!

How to install the new brushes -
1) Once you downloaded the brushes, open the .zip folder and yet again, extract it to an easy-access folder
2) Open your version of adobe photoshop [ I use CS2, I don't know if those fonts work with any earlier versions ] and open a new template. Blank one will suffice!
3) Click on the brush tool and hover your mouse over the templace and right click. You'll get a dropdown of what brushes you can select
4) At the top right of the drop down, there is a little arrow. Click on the arrow, go down a little bit and click on "Replace Brushes"
5) Find your brush that you want to load, click on it, load it, and you'll notice it replace the default brushes!
6) Add more brushes to that to make a little combo of brushes, do the same to replace the brushes, but click on "Save Brushes" instead. You'll save them all at once so you don't have to keep opening different ones to use the ones you want.
7) Go back to "Save Brushes" and click on "Reset Brushes" when you are done with the brushes you wanted to use and you want to go back to the default brushes.
8) You're done

How to open .PSD files
1) Unzip them, extract them to an easy-access folder
2) Open Adobe and press "Ctrl + O" and find your .PSD file

I hope this helped!

The how to section is my work

The brushes, fonts, and .psd's are not my work. They are the work of the site Cubox