Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 06:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Battlefield: No annual releases

Discussion on Battlefield: No annual releases within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1804
Received Thanks: 2,598
Battlefield: No annual releases

After the announcement of Battlefield Hardline just a few months past the release of Battlefield 4, a lot of players have been asking themselves whether EA tries to challenge their competitor Activision, publisher of the Call of Duty franchise, by releasing a new offshoot of the popular game every year and thus catching up on them. With the recent memory of rumours about EA forcing DICE and other studios to release their games earlier, people started to worry about the quality of the series. To this day, Battlefield 4 players are experiencing massive issues with the game which still haven't been fixed, the subject in question is most commonly the so-called netcode of the game.

EA has also heard about these doubts and so Patrick Söderlund, executive vice president of EA, gives an all-clear. He said that one will give the developers more options for them to decide when and how they'd like to work on their project: "The EA that I’m trying to help build isn’t an EA that needs to annualize everything.".

"Everything that we've fixed with [Battlefield 4] will go into Hardline. Once people get their hands on the netcode patch, which I think is profound, that will take care of a lot of the complaints around Battlefield... and how responsive the game is."

But what do you think? Will EA recover after their relatively disappointing Battlefield 4?

Source: Battlefield: Keine jährlichen Veröffentlichungen geplant
Attached Thumbnails
Battlefield: No annual releases-thumbnail.png  
Old 06/28/2014, 19:14   #2

elite*gold: 26
Wellthis is a unpleasant news
Old 07/02/2014, 13:29   #3

elite*gold: 0
I think that Hardline is going to be amazing. I bet they did nothing else than repaired everything what was wrong about bf4; I expect a lot from this game.
Old 07/03/2014, 20:08   #4

elite*gold: 108
Received Thanks: 1,029
All battlefields or cod are the same, just story and graphics change.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/08/2014, 00:38   #5

Battlefield and Call of Duty are getting burnt out the game isn't improving by a large margin and these annual holiday releases really take a hit in the gaming community.
Old 07/09/2014, 21:33   #6

they will have great graphic for PS4
Old 07/10/2014, 19:19   #7

lame

Tags
battlefield, e3 2014