Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 18:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DayZ: Sold more than 800.000 times already

Discussion on DayZ: Sold more than 800.000 times already within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1804
Received Thanks: 2,598
DayZ: Sold more than 800.000 times already

The team all around Dean Hall, inventor of the newly stand-alone open world game "DayZ", has reason to be happy. After the release of the alpha variant via Steam's "Early Access" in last year's December, the title has been sold around 800.000 times and thus excels all hopes of the creators. Bohemia Interactive had expected about 250.000 sales within the first three months, which would have been a huge success according to Hall. That being said, the expectations have been outdone within one month by more than three times. Dean Hall spoke about the sales figures on reddit.com:

"We (bohemia and I) had very ambitious plans for 2014 already, however this amount of sales was completely unexpected. Honestly, 250k within a quarter was what I would have considered a success. So to move nearly 800,000 in under a month is crazy.", said the New Zealander who is also known as "Rocket".

The "DayZ" followers as well as many other internet users are showing themselves just as surprised as those responsible do. More than a few had thought that the hype around zombies in video games is over and the standalone version wouldn't be a success. Furthermore, the game is still in its development state and has partially intense errors. Regarding this, Hall stated that the huge amount of players will be benefitial to the creation of new game content and the fixing of bugs.

And now it's your turn! Did you believe in the success of the project? Share your opinion and discuss about the standalone version. In consideration of the sales figures, the glowing future of "DayZ" should be taken for granted.

Attached Thumbnails
DayZ: Sold more than 800.000 times already-sdsdd.jpg  
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2014, 13:05   #2

elite*gold: 111
Had to buy it when I saw this. Might pick up Rust too. Anyone have experience with both? I know that DayZ is in a lot earlier stage of development, but still.
Old 01/07/2014, 17:35   #3

elite*gold: 0
Great

I think you can successfully achieve your target if you are determined and focused. your target is not unrealistic so be positive and all the best.
Old 01/07/2014, 20:29   #4

elite*gold: 134
This game has so much potential, shame my pc sucks for high end graphics :P
Old 01/08/2014, 06:59   #5

elite*gold: 173
800.000thousand already? Wow didn't expect so high sell rates.. Though it really has a lot potential

Keep it up then :3
Old 01/12/2014, 19:26   #6

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Dayz <3 Even without features, it's fun!