Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

TERA - Open beta

Discussion on TERA - Open beta within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
TERA - Open beta

Hello fellow elitepvpers! I am happy to announce that the highly anticipated MMORPG "TERA" is now entering open beta testing! So if you have any doubts about buying the game, this is the only chance you'll get to test it for free! The beta starts today and ends on the on the 24th of April.
To enter the open beta:
Create an account at https://account.tera-europe.com/ and log in.
Press "Enter code" and enter TERABETA.
Enter your account overview and download the client.

The level cap during the beta will be 32, players will be able to create two characters on each server. Every character will be deleted at the end of the beta, to make way for the head start and character name reservation for those who have bought the Collectors edition.

KEY FEATURES

CHOOSE FROM 7 RACES AND 8 CLASSES
Change your character’s history by selecting one of seven races and change the way you play by choosing a class that best suits your individual battle temperament. Whether you were born to be in the thick of battle dealing damage and drawing the enemy’s attention, or standing in the back lines supporting your allies there’s a class for you in TERA.

BREATHTAKING VISUALS POWERED BY UNREAL ENGINE 3
TERA will take you on a journey through the most vivid and fantastical world yet seen in a videogame: over lofty mountain peaks, through toxic swamps bristling with foul monsters, across seemingly never-ending woodland plains and underground, to the heart of the evil threatening this world.

TRUE ACTION COMBAT
Keep a steady hand and know your arsenal, combat in TERA requires a quick finger and nuance on the battlefield. TERA offers dynamic gameplay, giving you total control of your character where you’ll have to actively aim, dodge and block to emerge from battle victorious.

GROUNDBREAKING POLITICAL SYSTEM
Choosing a region, players can make a move to take over the mantle of a Vanarch, the ruler of a province. Sitting on the throne, players will be able to drop or raise taxes, spawn and reposition special NPCs to their advantage, as well as having access to a range of special items that signal the arrival of power.

BAMs: BIG ASS MONSTERS
Traversing the world of TERA, players will encounter many goliath creatures that are as dangerous as they are awe inspiring. These BAMs reside in the deepest dungeons and the open plains of TERA’s varied environments, so be sure to always be on your guard.

EXCITING PvP BATTLES IN THE BATTLEGROUND
While TERA’s rich story will have you fighting alongside a group of fellow allies to turn the tide of war, the Battlegrounds will truly reveal the hero in your squad. Pitching players against each other in a range of modes, the Battlegrounds will have players coming back for more time and time again. Fans of PvP will also be able to enjoy the epic guild battles and open PvP.

Don't forget to Pre-Order the Collectors edition at Spiele Download, Games online kaufen, PC, Mac - elitepvpers with a 12% discount and get The Arcadian Dapple mount, available at lvl 11.
City Wheel Earring, this little wonder increases defense level by 7, balance by 3 and Max HP by 178.
Seren's Sand Ring: Increases attack level by 57, extra damage by 30 and Max HP by 81. Can be equipped from lvl 35

Here's a trailer for the game

System requirements

Processor: INTEL Pentium 4 3.2G or AMD Athlon64 3200+
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Drive: 25GB free space
Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7600 GT or ATI Radeon X1600 XT
Internet connection required

Thank you for your time,
TheConArtist
Attached Thumbnails
TERA - Open beta-tera-image.gif  
Thanks
10 Users
Old 04/20/2012, 09:08   #2

elite*gold: 0
he want to charge?
Old 04/20/2012, 09:18   #3

The Black Market: 100/0/0
Received Thanks: 3,207
I am looking forward to it all right. I was already in closed beta, so I think that the game will be really good.
Old 04/20/2012, 11:56   #4

You don't know when it will be free all times ?
Old 04/20/2012, 12:06   #5

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
It probably won't go free to play anytime soon as it didn't even launch yet.
Old 04/20/2012, 13:32   #6

elite*gold: 50
Mh the downloader doesnt work? ^^ downtime?
Old 04/20/2012, 14:42   #7

The Black Market: 87/0/11
Monthly pay.

No thanks
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/20/2012, 17:15   #8

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
I was playing during the Sneak & Peek event but it's totally not my game, feels like a mix of Wow and vindictus (with the non-target combat system).

Tho the graphic is really nice and the game has a huge world.

Let's see how successful it will be in Europe since it wasn't as successful as expected in Korea (might go free2play like Aion?).
Old 04/20/2012, 20:06   #9

The Black Market: 87/0/11
Uhm waiting for it to go Free to play..

Need to wait at least what...
10+ years...
Old 04/21/2012, 03:40   #10

With such a short OB what can I test?. Seems a cool game but instead of paying for it I'll rather pick C9 (ofc when it comes out)
Old 04/21/2012, 12:15   #11

Raiderz is MORE fun to play, it has the same combat style as tera, open world, only dodging was alittle buggy on the alpha test, graphics were also nice.

and i would choose vindictus above c9 any day
Old 04/21/2012, 18:29   #12

How can i get a beta key? i've been waiting for weeks to get it o.O
Old 04/21/2012, 20:37   #13

25 Gb ?!!
Dont want to pay for play
Old 04/21/2012, 21:51   #14

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuTcHtUrK View Post
Raiderz is MORE fun to play, it has the same combat style as tera, open world, only dodging was alittle buggy on the alpha test, graphics were also nice.

and i would choose vindictus above c9 any day
RaiderZ is pretty much a free version of Tera ya, not the exact same but a good replacement for sure(played it during the Alpha too).

I can't really make a choice between Vindictus and C9 because of the peer2peer connection, different engine, c9 offers more skills but becomes more complicated/complex because of that than Vindictus. Guess every game has many good features and a few downsides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eendje View Post
How can i get a beta key? i've been waiting for weeks to get it o.O
The OB Key for everybody is TERABETA.
Old 04/22/2012, 16:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Αcid View Post
RaiderZ is pretty much a free version of Tera ya, not the exact same but a good replacement for sure(played it during the Alpha too).

I can't really make a choice between Vindictus and C9 because of the peer2peer connection, different engine, c9 offers more skills but becomes more complicated/complex because of that than Vindictus. Guess every game has many good features and a few downsides.

The OB Key for everybody is TERABETA.
Ah! Thank you buddy! :-) i think i missed that part. anyways it's downloading now i'm happy i can try it ^^, how long will the beta last?