Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 11:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Amnesia sequel coming this year

Discussion on Amnesia sequel coming this year within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Amnesia sequel coming this year

Already this year it shall be ready - after Amnesia: The Dark Descent a sequel called Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs surprisingly is about to follow. This time the developmental work, previously taken care of by Frictional Games, will be transferred completely to thechineseroom, whereas the former company still participates in development of the above game. That's why thechineseroom is able to work independently and Frictional Games gets to attend to business like finances and production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pinchbeck
This world is a machine fit only for pigs. Fit for the slaughtering of pigs.

With these words the chef author refers to the horror-experience Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Against expectations the plot won't be continued, but rather seen and told from another point of view, so there isn't really a direct connection to the prequel. 60 years after the happenings in The Dark Descent actions take place in the same universe, where fear and terror lurk around you behind each corner. The new main character is Oswald Magnus, a wealthy industry lord, who returned from an exhausting trip from Mexico to London. Both fever and amnesia plague him - not until months he suddenly awakes on New Year's Eve in 1899 because of deafening noise caused by machines. From now on he's susceptible to attacks in branched corridors and basements...

According to the development team changes in gameplay and game mechanics have to be expected, though the first-person perspective will be kept. Single items will in whole or in part be changed and removed. The gloomy atmosphere shall be boosted to ensure a unique gaming experience. However further details won't be published for now, because genre fans could be spoiled by updated information. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is planned to be released soonest on Halloween and latest at the end of the year. It's their aim to complete this game in autumn 2012. There are also plans about enabling Amnesia for other operating systems. Information about the game and the exact release data are to be expected on their homepage.
Attached Thumbnails
Amnesia sequel coming this year-amnesia-machine-pigs.png  
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/28/2012, 21:47   #2

elite*gold: 0
**** i hope it will be scary, prequel its most impressive game of last years, scary atmosphere + ambient oclusion shadows makes amazing effect, that game can be compared to silent hill 1 . movie for those who didnt play amnesia-the dark descent

Its great game and cost not much, if you like horror games YOU HAVE TO play this game. You can't say "my life its complete" if you didnt played Amnesia.
Old 03/06/2012, 16:46   #3

The Black Market: 87/0/11
I was pretty too scared to play it.. It's still sitting in my steam list ><
I'm not too sure about buying the next one lol It'll probably be 100x more scarier
Old 03/07/2012, 18:03   #4

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by サソリ View Post
I was pretty too scared to play it.. It's still sitting in my steam list ><
I'm not too sure about buying the next one lol It'll probably be 100x more scarier
Yes indeed! I am sure about it's going to be scarier.
Old 03/28/2012, 17:39   #5

couldn't sleep after i played that game >.< im sooo buying the second one XD

Tags
amnesia