Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 06:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, The Same As Last Time?

Discussion on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, The Same As Last Time? within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, The Same As Last Time?

Hi guys!

I'm kinda new in this role, but I hope to bring you the best news and reviews that I can
For now, here's a review of the latest Call of Duty game. Unfortunately this is only a single player review, as I didn't get to play multiplayer I'll get something that covers more ground up soon!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the latest from the award winning Call of Duty series. Developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, this shiny new title launches the player into a fictional near-future of war and chaos.

The story follows up from the last two Modern Warfare games, and leads into the story of World War 3. An interesting concept, as it gives a little food for the thought of what would have happened if the Cold War turned hot and America and Russia started throwing bombs at one another from across the globe. This mischievous Makarov, who instigated the war by shooting up an airport (the controversial scene of Modern Warfare 2) and blaming the CIA, is hunted down by the veterans of the previous games, Price and Soap. In the meantime, a team led by codename Sandman fight the war on the battlefields that become of New York, London and Paris.

The game plays smoothly and consistently, with enough breaks from the action to get a breather before being plunged back into firing across streets and up into shacks and houses, from Siberia to Sierra Leone. The graphics were as detailed and stunning as ever, effectively conveying the shocking scenes of the Eiffel Tower collapsing and the London Underground being bombed. The game had an oddly cinematic feel, reminiscent of Black Hawk Down - the 2001 action-heavy war film, but with a better storyline.

The big controversy this time was a section involving a little girl, an exploding truck and some chemical gas. The scene is an American family holidaying in London, when an unassuming truck pulls up and explodes, with the child chasing birds feet away. This was followed by a flow of a nasty looking green gas from said truck, enveloping the fallen cameraman. Video footage of this was “leaked” shortly before the game’s release. This may or may not have been on purpose, what with any publicity being good publicity and all that, and the game developers may have just been pushing for that extra bit of media coverage before the big launch.

Infinity Ward didn’t really stray too far for this title. Nor did they stray far for the last one, or the one before that. In fact most of the recent Call of Duty games have been very much the same, but with new twists, graphics and maps to shoot things in. It’s a good game in its own right, and it deserves some merit for that. However the whole series is very samey, and unless you’re a huge fan or really want to see how the story turns out, I’d recommend giving this one a miss.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/17/2011, 02:59   #2

can i download it..please give the link
Old 12/17/2011, 05:26   #3

I'm sure you can download it, but there are no links that I can give you :P
Old 12/17/2011, 06:27   #4

Got this for my Xbox and PS3... Been 3rd Prestige and 7th Prestige on two gaming consoles. I liked MW3 better because they balanced it and awaiting the christmas newbs to come and fill the lobbies.
Old 12/21/2011, 23:59   #5

MW!!!! FTW!
Old 01/05/2012, 03:40   #6

you can download it on thepiratebay.com and make sure u download the SKIDROW version...... i have done it and works perfectly fine!!!!!

Tags
call of duty, modern warfare 3, review