Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 00:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mining Bot - Recruiting

Discussion on Mining Bot - Recruiting within the Final Fantasy XIV forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 10/07/2011, 07:30   #16

elite*gold: 0
Level 1 miner who'd love to help. I have experience mining on my other, older character, but never bothered on my miqote.
Old 10/07/2011, 13:51   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve782 View Post
this is an interesting project that I may want to get involved with soon, my miner is rank1.
Instead of having to record all of the paths between all pairs of nodes(forward and reverse), is it possible to just use a collision detection/motion planning algorithm that will take you between two nodes? I know I have seen bots use these algorithms in previous games - for example if you run into a wall while traveling to the next node, then it just finds its way around the wall using a simple algorithm. If it were possible to implement this, it would be substantially easier to do this project and get people to participate. You would just need to know the location of all nodes. Given that, you could use a shortest-distance or time algorithm (for example) to determine the order in which you will visit each node and then implement the collision detection along each path to avoid obstacles. This is certainly non-trivial, but it would be a very interesting programming project! lol.
I have tried 3 ways of performing the routing, the way i settled on is the best. I tried just recording the open space of a mining area and having the bot arbitrarily decide which path to run however, the bot wouldnt always chose a smooth route.

I tried only collision based, however it simply cannot figure out ramps, spirals, or anything other than getting around trees.

When I settled on my current implementation I found that oftentimes just 1 or two routes to each node (coming and going from two different directions) is more than enough to get a very accurate map for the bot to run (I coded 3 separate algorithms to figure out new routes and getting between unmapped nodes that do have a path between them in any way/shape/form). Also, if you are adding the nodes, you have already run to the node, and if you are running to the next node up in the zone you already ran away from the current node. Therefor, the act of documenting where the node is has already given the bot a wonderful idea of how to get between nodes.

Secondly, the reason i am asking for people who pay attention to detail. If you map the route you took with pencil on a printout of the mining zone. someone paying attention can immediately see that an extra route here or there would make the bot much much more efficient.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2011, 21:55   #18

I've got a level 1 miner and wouldn't mind helping. Don't really have high level DoM/DoW jobs as I've been mostly a DoH player but I do spend lots of time idly running around exploring just for the sake of exploring places so I can help with routing and node mapping. I'm more old fashioned and do things with printout and pencil rather than digitally. I do have a scanner though that I can scan the info I've gathered over.

Unfortunately, I have neither experience in programming or utilizing bots with the exception of your Crafting Bot (love it!) and an ffxi fish bot.
Old 10/08/2011, 17:48   #19

Thank you for your interest. Consider applications closed. I have the bot working again. I'll be contacting people later this week.

At this time the bot does not support stealth, I may add it in before I distribute it, or I may distribute it and afterwards give the selected people an updated version with stealth working. It may not be easy to find the NPC array but I have been wanting to do it for a while now.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/20/2011, 17:35   #20

Any update on this?

Also, if you ever make one for Botanist count me in for testing.
Old 10/20/2011, 19:05   #21

I will help you when you do the Botany version
Old 10/21/2011, 02:12   #22

I'll add harvesting after i finish the most recent changes and my testers verify it is working
Old 10/21/2011, 09:22   #23

I'd love to be part of the botany when you're finished. Your work is awesome
Old 10/23/2011, 19:00   #24

I would very much enjoy being a part of this project, if you still need people to test your bot. If not, I'll wait patiently for it's release
Old 10/24/2011, 15:54   #25

i sent you a reply cooleko but then realised that you said to email you :/ are you all full up now ?
Old 10/24/2011, 18:31   #26

hi now i'm miner 33 i wish to go on i liked the project and more skilled too
Old 10/24/2011, 18:40   #27

@SL295, It is never too late to email me, however you need to email me all the info I needed in the first PM, and email me before 8pm est tonight when I push out the most recent version to the testers. I had a place for you but it may have been used by someone else, so just tell me everything I asked and I'll see if I can work you in.

I'll make a new thread for Harvesting recruiting tonight-ish.
At this time though, the bots are completely seperate. In the future I may merge them into 1, but I just dont have the time to debug the code.

I dont think I can lock threads, but can we let this one die It was just for recruiting testers for the mining bot and they have been recruited and mining for a good while now.

Thank you testers!
Old 10/24/2011, 19:13   #28

sent
Old 10/25/2011, 02:48   #29

Bah, wish I had seen this thread earlier. I'll definitely be signing up for the botany one though. If by the off chance someone decides to drop from your list of testers, I'm all for helping out with the mining bot as well.
Old 10/25/2011, 03:59   #30

are you sending info tonight or soon :/ im confussled