Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XI
You last visited: Today at 13:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I am never using POS tool ever again.

Discussion on I am never using POS tool ever again. within the Final Fantasy XI forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Well, my account got suspended in today. =/

Luckily, I didn't get perma-banned, and the PoL guy I talked to said my account would be reactivated on the 3rd of next month.

I only used the tool for travel, and I never, EVER talked about using the tool to ANYONE in-game. Not party members, not my LS, no one. The only two people who knew about it were my two best friends in real life, and I only talked to them about it outside of game.

So yeah, POS tool may make travel more convinient, but I'd rather keep my account. I came too close to losing everything today. I'm not taking any more chances.
Old 08/31/2006, 02:05   #2

same man, i only used POS for travel and to make money back when my acount got banned, i never used it to hurt anyone, but when I almost lost everything today thats all i needed to make me learn my lesson, so im done.
Old 08/31/2006, 21:05   #3

Glad to hear that youre not going to risk your account . People who say that something is undectable is just ignorant. I think 3rd party program does promote RMT to be hounest, not because there more advanced bots in their reach, but because now GMs have three problems; Gil sellers and farmers who spend their whole time gilling up ^^, The botters and the POSers that pretty much restrict gil to the legit players, Thirdly and finally the new players who are just fucking pissed off because they cant make a penny in the game outside of a hnmls, without a Bot to claim against other Botters, or buying gil online.

I think 3rd Party programs Contribute hugely to gil buying all in all, thus promoting RMT. Btw im only typing this because on all other forums theyre all pissed off they were banned because theyre saying, "WTF how does 3rd party program promote real money trade... blablabla"... Well it does, which is why such programs like ffxi-app or mr.w/e should not be in a huge supply on public forums. The only arguement there is - is that these bots level the playing ground with the RMT. What about the legit players who love the game but are sick and tired or say 80% of PC users, using bots and teleports and flee and god knows what else. Before ffxi-app was released publically there were only a few that used the program, so getting gil still wasnt hard to get, but now... everyone with a bot is competing eachother against legit players only. Not against RMT, but players who do not cheat. People say that they only use the program wo POS around, well i suspect that hugely to be a lie. On ffxihacked there are people who say that they have accounts they use sole for hacking and getting gil from nms and such. It are they that cause legit players to either; get there hands on a bot, making things worse for everyone, for soon everyone will ruin the games themselves. Or they will buy gil to get along in their merry ways.

I guess im angry with people who say 3rd party programs dont promote RMT. I think the only solution to the bannings are getting people off the program.. by just allowing a handful of people to get their hands such programs as ffxi-app. I do believe hacks should be free.. i believe all hacks should be free, but all these bannings... so far in total publically 3.4k bans... 3400 accounts being banned (90% arnt RMT) means atleast 300 players+ were jumping around, botting, posing, autoshoutingshit. i would say that 300 people is only a quarter of the players on my server that got banned whom uses ffxi-app. 3rd party program is 75% of the problem with my server, and i would assume yours too.
Old 09/03/2006, 05:52   #4

I'm sorry pandaonffxi, but you're wrong. Using third party programs does not promote gil buying.

From your post, it seems like you think the only way to get money is to camp NMs. However, camping NMs is an absolutely horrible way to get money. Farming, crafting, and BCNMs are all much better ways of making gil. Also, new players shouldn't have any problem making money. The economy really isn't bad at all. Making money is not hard to do in FFXI, even for a legit player. If someone is having trouble getting gil, it's because they suck at the game, not because other people are using third party programs.
Old 09/04/2006, 04:02   #5

i recently reactived my inactive account and i was glad to find that i haven't been banned or suspended (even though i messed around with basically every program there is)

then again i kept to myself most of the time and never used them out in pts
Old 09/06/2006, 10:34   #6

did u invisible urself before POS Ryutoki?
Old 09/07/2006, 06:30   #7

No, but I don't think it matters. When you POS, other players just see your character disappear, something which is perfectly normal. They do not see your character fly into the air. Only you see that. Other players do not. They don't see your character fall from the sky, either. All they see is your character fade in standing on the ground, which is also perfectly normal. I know, I had my friend's PC and mine going at the same time, and we tested this.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd be more suspicious of someone invising themselves in a town or in an area they would never get aggro in (which is like 95% of the areas you'd be POSing in) than I would be of someone who just simply disappeared.
Old 09/07/2006, 07:19   #8

if you think cheats tools doesn't promote rmt (buying/selling) u are definitely ignorant. period.
Old 09/23/2006, 11:43   #9

If you think cheats tools do promote RMT (buying/selling) you are definitely ignorant. Period.

Oh yeah, calling someone ignorant without giving any support whatsoever to your claims totally makes you look smart...
Old 12/20/2006, 18:50   #10

you use POS to travel not to get claims nothing! you are wrong using 3rd pt progs does NOT encourage RMT, i have used progs and never screwed up the economy, it didnt make people buy i didnt buy nothing happend. pandaon, fukuro you are both wrong because i know from experience what kind of affects 3rd pt has on people. just cause you use argus doesnt mean you get the claim, my claims for mee deggi were 1 claim and like 5 misses with blm/stun and the bot was set up 100% properly