Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XI
You last visited: Today at 15:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

mr argus, finding offsets.

Discussion on mr argus, finding offsets. within the Final Fantasy XI forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
mr argus, finding offsets.

Well, I have been reading the tutorial on how to find them, and all was going well, until i ran into a snag. After following the instructions about 30 times over and over again, and banging my head into my desk a couple times, I decided I needed help from people who already know how to find them. I have searched all around and cant find any other tutorials except for the single one on how to find ownposition. Is there any chance someone could make a video tutorial on how to get all the offsets?

anyways heres where i get lost. Firstly, have you seen the tutorial picture? which shows a tarutaru standing ontop of the insides of the moghouse? Well, when I teleported, i just got sent to the center of the room (still on the ground) but still, a teleport I suppose...

After finding that, I went to part two of the tutorial, I went back to the dump in olly, clicked on the first digits of my position which were still 00 and then break point, view stack. 5 things came up, I double clicked the first one in stack, and then looked at the CPU window...I then looked at the tutorial and back at the window a couple times, and wanted to die. The very top of the window, which was highlighted was the following.

REP MOVS BYTE PTR ES: [EDI],BYTE PTR DS:[ESI]

the tutorial never mentions a movs, or a rep line.. however i did find one line that looked similar was in the tutorial, which was MOV ECX,DWORD PTR SS:[EBP+4] in the tutorial, it is an ESP+4.

anyways if anyone could help me out here, maybe make a vid on how to find all the offsets, would be wonderful and help to many. Thanks for your time, hope someone replies to this.

-Sefer