Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XI > FFXI Exploits, Hacks, Bots, Tools & Macros
You last visited: Today at 02:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Custom In-Game Menu Background - Font - and Pointe

Discussion on Custom In-Game Menu Background - Font - and Pointe within the FFXI Exploits, Hacks, Bots, Tools & Macros forum part of the Final Fantasy XI category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
As the title of this topic says, little mod will give your FFXI the feeling as if it were an older based Final Fantasy.

With the standard flat text and the finger pointer, with the default blue style background it makes you feel as though you where playing a diffrent FF from the past

This is an easy to do mod as well, all you have to do is replace two data files in your FFXI directory.

WARNING!!!
Be sure to back up the files you will be replacing! This is a major concern incase something in the future happens with the game that requires you to have these original files. Remember! You have been warned!

To backup the needed files, open your PlayOnline folder. You can find this folder at:

C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\

(C: may be diffrent, as well as the actuall installation path. But if you changed it to install somewhere else, Im pretty sure you know where to find it.)

Then into the SquareEnix folder, then into the FFXI folder. (Final Fantasy XI)

Our current path is now:
C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI

Our first Dat file is found in the:
ROM/0/ folder and is the dat file 20.dat.

Make a new folder on the desktop, and copy / paste this file into the new folder.

Our second Dat file is found in the:
ROM/119/ folder and its the dat file 51.dat.

So our two files are located in these complete paths:
C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\0 -- File (20.dat)
C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\119 -- File (51.dat)

Please make sure that when changing these files that you are LOGGED OFF THE GAME and have Playonline closed. This will ensure that you will not encounter errors, problems, and anything else.

Remeber again, I take no responsibilty in what you do to yourself, your computer, or ANYTHING. You use this site, its programs, and its material at your own risk!

But I will ensure you that it does work, and I will post a screen shot of it to prove it
Attached Files
File Type: ibf post-23-1142244308.ibf (966.9 KB, 111 views)
Old 03/13/2006, 11:05   #2

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-23-1142244338.jpg (75.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 03/28/2006, 20:30   #3

elite*gold: 0
Mochte auch gern wissen wie mann den hintergrund fur Chatbox andert. Hab das ofters mal gesehen auf bilder.

I'd also like to know to change the background of the cbatbox. I've seen that a few times on pictures.
Old 03/28/2006, 21:01   #4

Den Hintergrund der Chatbox kann man unter Config > Window (?) ändern.

Ich würde gern wissen ob man den Sound wenn man zwischen sachen hin- und herschaltet bzw. etwas auswählt mit den alten FF sounds ersetzen kann, kA ob man versteht was ich meine ^^
Old 03/28/2006, 21:21   #5

Ich habe ein paar sounds aus FF7 zusammgesucht die prima in XI passen würden ^^

Old 04/03/2006, 00:14   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetkittyx@Mar 28 2006, 20:30
Mochte auch gern wissen wie mann den hintergrund fur Chatbox andert. Hab das ofters mal gesehen auf bilder.

I'd also like to know to change the background of the cbatbox. I've seen that a few times on pictures.
Ach mensch ich bin doch nicht blod! :P Ich meinte wie mann den hintergrund andern kann, mit ein eigenes bild oder so, oder etwas anderes als die standard hintergrunden.

Jeez how stupid do you think I am? :P I meant, how can you change the background with a pic of your own or something, a pic other than the standard FFXI backgrounds.
Old 04/03/2006, 00:22   #7

Keine Ahnung. :P
Old 04/14/2006, 13:10   #8

nice guide..i haven't read it complete, but i think i'll take a look and change something...

but i have one question: Is it possible to change the fontsize this way?! I mean i'm playng on PC, with my ps2-gamepad...and sometimes (when i'm farming) i just want to sit (or lie) on my couch...its more comfortable then the PC-seat..understand? and when i'm sitting on the couch it's hard to read what the linkshell says, and whats my current HP or MP...never mind to read this on this osition...

hope you understand...but again in german =)

Netter guide, habs zwar noch nicht getestet, aber ich werd später mal genauer reinschauen, unt "mitmachen"

aber ich hab da noch ein anderes problem: Kann man damit auch die schriftgröße ändern?! Ich meine, ich spiele am pc mit meinem ps2-gamepad (das BESTE pad, was ich je in den händen gehalten habe *g*) und manchmal würd ichs vorziehen, vom sofa aus zu daddeln....der pc stuhl wird auf dauer einfach zu unbequem...und ich hab dann vom sofa aus probleme, nachrichten aus der linkshell zu lesen, geschweigedenn meine HP/MP-werte zu erkennen...hoffe man versteht mein problem =)

Greetings Syranus
Old 04/26/2006, 18:27   #9

can we get an update of this for Blue Mage text etc pls cause its not showing the menus and Job titles for the new expansion
Old 05/17/2006, 21:45   #10

hmm...ist das thema noch aktuell?? Kennt sich nochwer damit aus? Weil Low gibt mir per PN auch keine antwort =(

was ich wissen möchte:

1. Kann ich für mich auch hintergründe reinladen? Wenn ja: Wie muss ich das machen?

2. Wie halte ich das aktuell für neue spells und co? (siehe Clarkeyboy's post)

Das wars schon...
Syranus
Old 05/20/2006, 14:14   #11

sorry für doppelpost, aber ich würd ziemlich gern wissen wie das geht XD einer muss es doch wissen...

sorry for double-post but i really want to know how that works! And someon should know that too =)

Syranus

[EDIT] found a forum where exactly this problem is discussed...with a nice discription on how to make it real. hope it is no problem that i posted a link to an other forum...

Syranus

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2] Yeah i learned...no tripple post =P [/EDIT2]