Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 02:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP]TOTEM CANT SEE!!

Discussion on [HELP]TOTEM CANT SEE!! within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old 12/13/2009, 19:20   #16

elite*gold: 0
Angry ~CLOSE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix89 View Post
I tell by my experience in editing a file and the matter has been happening to me,
it happens when I change my name in the file Eudemons strRess.ini

Order
be careful when you edit this file.
Once again failure as for refusal to explain to how the StrRess.ini has any relation to do with cq_totem_pole_type, Systotempiller.ini, and totempole.ini thus the conclusion is safe to say you have no idea what your talking about or you simple have the wrong forum/post. All you're doing is repeating yourself with nothing to back up your claim, making your statments not only pointless as a mere waste of time. There are several other files that are in relation to the legion totem poles such as some of the ani, c3, even maybe the 3dtexture.ini. Notice I never said StrRess.ini! So far I know Rexes has help people in the past with totem problems no where did he say anything with it having to do with strrRess.ini. If you have something to bring to the table then bring it, but if your going to repeating yourself with nothing to support your claim then simply don't share it for it is nothing more than a mere waste of everyones time.

If I come off as rudy then I apologize, however I did ask and you just repeated yourself which didn't get anyone anywhere. So I take my leave of this conversation for I have nothing left to say to you. I grow weary of this little run around game you play. BTW please note I been here since 07 not 09 so stop the "my experience," **** b/c you got no where and have nothing to show for it than being able to irrtate me.
Old 12/14/2009, 00:36   #17

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,210
laughing man all i have to say is welcome to my world. and kill em with kindness
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/14/2009, 02:25   #18

Talking

I know and I agree with that. I didn't mean to go off it just got to me. We'll label it as a "When keeping it real goes wrong," type of things
Old 12/14/2009, 07:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLaughinMan8 View Post
I know and I agree with that. I didn't mean to go off it just got to me. We'll label it as a "When keeping it real goes wrong," type of things
lol
Old 12/14/2009, 09:36   #20

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
Just back up lolman, by explaining the use of Stres.ini

To make a Client/Server File/Packets smaller it's best to keep all the strings to a minium length. What's the best way to do this? Have string IDs. This means when you want something you said you only have to have a number there which could be a 32bit integer which will only take up 4 bytes rather then a string that would be needed to use which could take up over a 100 bytes. Using this number means smaller client size for any client side string calling, smaller server file and packets needed to be downloaded by only sending the string ID rather then the string itself. This also makes the translating easier.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/14/2009, 16:12   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
Just back up lolman, by explaining the use of Stres.ini

To make a Client/Server File/Packets smaller it's best to keep all the strings to a minium length. What's the best way to do this? Have string IDs. This means when you want something you said you only have to have a number there which could be a 32bit integer which will only take up 4 bytes rather then a string that would be needed to use which could take up over a 100 bytes. Using this number means smaller client size for any client side string calling, smaller server file and packets needed to be downloaded by only sending the string ID rather then the string itself. This also makes the translating easier.
I can understand that but what he said wasn't getting anyone anywhere b/c he said when you edit the file the totems disappear when you change the names... that's a pretty open ended sentence that doesn't even say to why he was in that file if he is trying to get the totems in the db/server, to have the same in the client so they'll show. His comment was just DOWN RIGHT RANDOM( I so need to change that someone is more random then me o.0)

From what I understood from him was he was trying to change the "Welcome to Eudemons Online..." to "Welcome to [his server name]..." now that would have totally nothing to do with totem. Maybe it would effect something if he makes that edit to be to long. But either way he fail to explain to how it was in relation to totems and fail to explain how to fix the totems thus making it a random and totally useless for the person who had the problem to understand it.

Life shouldn't be so complex if something was ask then just simple answer it rather than going off on the deep in and talking about something that has nothing to do with what was ask.

Anyway the problem is fix now and it had nothing to do with his strres.ini file so I'm just going to drop this post. Anyone that wish to carry it on than just IM me on msn so people don't get annoy of seeing this post again.
Old 12/14/2009, 20:03   #22

PM you already i need your help though ....