Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 02:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Offline test machine.

Discussion on Offline test machine. within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Offline test machine.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate in bootcamp on a Macbook Pro Mid-2012 with Intel i5 dual-core, 3.1GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, and 128GB free on hdd. My connection type is 18MB DSL. I use this for testing my offline EO private server. With nothing running in the background (except what is needed to run the server), I get a lot of lag around large mobs. It's not as bad as the official game but still too much to play properly. What gets me is the fact that I can play other private servers with virtually no lag at all. I know it is different than running your own server but, to have that much lag, what gives?

P.S. Please don't use this as fuel for an anti-Apple rant. If your response isn't technical, you will be wasting post space.

P.S.S. I have tried multiple DBs (from Mannequin to Rainbow) with same results.
Old 02/06/2013, 02:09   #2

All thats good , what kind of vid card though?
Old 02/06/2013, 03:09   #3

Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
Old 02/06/2013, 05:27   #4

well honestly in my opinion you can make a mac run like *** , but its still a piece of **** , try checking other games to see if it lags with those but i STRONGLY recommend a different PC
Old 02/06/2013, 05:38   #5

What ive experienced when running servers and playing on the same computer it will cause lag its probably just something that happens to some people happened to me :P those are more then good specs tho meh im just saying .
Old 02/06/2013, 05:56   #6

Nah the owner of the server doesnt lag at all because there direct connect , as long as theres atleast 2G of ram you can have 20-25 players without any lag
Old 02/06/2013, 07:11   #7

Alright, I just tried it on a MSI GT70 with Intel i7-3610QM, 2.4GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M, 16GB RAM, running Windows 7 Ultimate and it I still get lag around large mobs. Could it be a run of bad luck with my server file downloads? As far as I can tell everything is in order. I'll try to re-download all the files and set everything back up.

I have had a running "neighborhood" server before on a piece of ****, low end, Dell with no problems.