Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 17:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request]Password Retrieve Page

Discussion on [Request]Password Retrieve Page within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request]Password Retrieve Page

hello, can anyone post a password retrieval page? i am too busy to make one right now. please post it quick, i am urgent.

Greets,
Grandalio
Old 04/09/2009, 20:16   #2

I Included it with the Game CP
Old 04/09/2009, 20:39   #3

would it send passwords to the registered email address, is it possible? not the new password, the current password to the registered email address?

Greets,
Grandalio
Old 04/09/2009, 20:53   #4

elite*gold: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandalio View Post
the current password to the registered email address?
The way it is currently setup (a salted md5) you can't reverse it. To do this you would have to store the same password during registration somewhere else before it is hashed. No matter how you encrypt this other password you will have to decrypt it somewhere else before its sent back to the email. Doing this you decrease the security in place on the players' accounts, and no one wants that.

Why retrieve your forgotten password when its something that the person obviously can't remember. Instead you give them a different password, and then have them change it to something else (hopefully something they wont forget again).