Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 05:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Source Code Project] Dev Expansion Discussion

Discussion on [Source Code Project] Dev Expansion Discussion within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb [Source Code Project] Dev Expansion Discussion

So the word on the street is that it's not too difficult to make your own server source code. So where to we begin? This project could potentially bring the epvp section back to life.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/22/2012, 10:13   #2

elite*gold: 20
well, i had a nice long 'bible' for you to read on this, however ipod browser crashed.. so...

Good luck on this crue, just know its a bigger task than you seem to think.

a few questions for you to answer BEFORE you start.
1: do you understand packets?
2: do you understand how tcp works?
3: lastly(cant remember the rest :L) can you last working on this for more than 2 months without getting ****** off and closing it.

think about thoses a bit, i have paved the way for you already.. spawn packets... login packets etc i have made full byte maps and all.

don't get me wrong, i fully give my support in you trying. i just want you to know its not as easy as you suddenly seem to think it is.
Old 01/22/2012, 12:14   #3

Lol I only did this because that guy on the other thread said that it would attract other people that actually know what their doing.
Old 01/22/2012, 12:32   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruey View Post
Lol I only did this because that guy on the other thread said that it would attract other people that actually know what their doing.
well clearly i got the wrong message then..
Old 01/22/2012, 14:29   #5

Its probly because your a kiwi
Old 01/22/2012, 15:32   #6

I was trying learn eosource But I failed and didn't understand it ..if there is any website learn us that will be great
Old 01/22/2012, 15:43   #7

Received Thanks: 2,518
What kind of resources does the EO community have?

You will need:

The Auth, Game, password encryption.
The Packet types both servers will use (if you dont have them then a large number of them can be guessed - use CO's packets as a template (See my sig).

Those are the 2 things you need to login. After you have achieved that you can move on to writing the auth/game logic.

To be honest its worth having a shot at, most of the people in the CO section started by modifying simple npcs..
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/22/2012, 17:11   #8

elite*gold: 90
i do not know any c++ or other languages then php
so i wont be able to help a lot with this

but a good start would be to open the accserver and take a look at the code

there are tutorials around here that explain how to open them

based on that code you can start figuring out what it exactly need to login

as far for the script , there is a script ( md5.js) that got the md5 struckture , it shows how it works and the auth need to be based on that part

that part means that the accountserver starts translating the password to a md5 passwor , or that the game does that for you ... 1 of the 2 will do the password trick

then for the db , so far i made my script the db is based on differed id's

the id (db account) reffers to characters account_id
the characters itself get again a id that is used for the character database

so the start of this , as soon they login and does not have a character id . let tehm register and link the character id to the account_id

so far the basic to get logged in , for the rest i am not skilled enouf to write all this stuff in a c++ aplication

but this should help already to understand how the database works
to see a demo , please take a look at my control panel , it takes ALL information based on account id and character id

Greetings From PowerChaos
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/22/2012, 17:42   #9

I'll try to like make you a reference thingy to what we have already at this section:

Thats pretty much all I can think of at 3:42am, but im sure if you look at the posts of our most famous developers: loveomg, pfj511 or whatever you'll be able to find some interesting stuff.
Old 01/22/2012, 22:21   #10

Quote:
Its probly because your a kiwi
no it was more along the lines of me hoping you were doing something useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hani2012 View Post
I was trying learn eosource But I failed and didn't understand it ..if there is any website learn us that will be great
ill post some links in a few for you and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
What kind of resources does the EO community have?

You will need:

The Auth, Game, password encryption.
The Packet types both servers will use (if you dont have them then a large number of them can be guessed - use CO's packets as a template (See my sig).

Those are the 2 things you need to login. After you have achieved that you can move on to writing the auth/game logic.

To be honest its worth having a shot at, most of the people in the CO section started by modifying simple npcs..
as of the current version, there is no encryption.. i have chosen to take the current build that up and then upgrade encryption from there to me it seems like the best approach

packets, i have posted in my topic the ones that i have almost fully got mapped out, got a few more to finish off little bits and then they can be posted as well, but your very right.. the CO packets are very good templates, packet ids are different sometimes but then when you compare functions of each packet, its pretty easy to rematch them

as for login sequences, i have that fully sorted, by far the easy bit :L

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos View Post
i do not know any c++ or other languages then php
so i wont be able to help a lot with this

but a good start would be to open the accserver and take a look at the code

there are tutorials around here that explain how to open them

based on that code you can start figuring out what it exactly need to login

as far for the script , there is a script ( md5.js) that got the md5 struckture , it shows how it works and the auth need to be based on that part

that part means that the accountserver starts translating the password to a md5 passwor , or that the game does that for you ... 1 of the 2 will do the password trick

then for the db , so far i made my script the db is based on differed id's

the id (db account) reffers to characters account_id
the characters itself get again a id that is used for the character database

so the start of this , as soon they login and does not have a character id . let tehm register and link the character id to the account_id

so far the basic to get logged in , for the rest i am not skilled enouf to write all this stuff in a c++ aplication

but this should help already to understand how the database works
to see a demo , please take a look at my control panel , it takes ALL information based on account id and character id

Greetings From PowerChaos
try C#, it is what most emulators are currently written in, just so you understand here... the md5 encryption is purely server side, the client communicates the raw password to the server

Quote:
I'll try to like make you a reference thingy to what we have already at this section:

Thats pretty much all I can think of at 3:42am, but im sure if you look at the posts of our most famous developers: loveomg, pfj511 or whatever you'll be able to find some interesting stuff.
pfj was more of a debugger and binary administrator. I think there were a few more topics as well..
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2012, 06:12   #11

Whatever lol
Old 01/23/2012, 09:40   #12

I wait for these websites and thx for your help
Old 01/23/2012, 20:42   #13

Received Thanks: 1,210
Or you guys could stop being lazy and do what Kor said and thats check out the CO source files and such. Take the old EO source files and Compare them. Its not that hard seriosuly. Rather than waiting for someone to hand you the answers try doing the work yourselves. Its funny how some of you blame mods when majority of you are just looking for hand outs. Running an EO server is easy. Taking the time to learn a program language and start something from scratch is something that so far only 2 of you have bothered to even put in any effort. Thats funhacker and hio.

Kor showed you what path to take to get to where you want to be. Now its a matter of you all actually being willing to take the steps to get there.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/24/2012, 05:34   #14

Well... thats the other reason why this thread is here. Like, as I said in the other thread, I'm eager to actually be able to work on expanding the development. If someone can help provide me an actual foundation like idk links to something or whatever then i'd be happy to start working. Im sure others feel the same, I mean, thats what this projects all about.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/24/2012, 05:59   #15

been caught up, anyway .. heres a topic in the conquer section containing all guides etc, ild recommend checking some out.. this is how i learnt.

^ this i wouldn't be too tight on the fact that you do or don't meet everything because it is just a guideline.

theres your real list of tutorials

could always hit up youtube aswell, many many decent playlists for learning from on there

@crue, lead by example rather than just making a topic.. go give it a good shot
Thanks
1 User