Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Diablo 2
You last visited: Today at 21:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Character Guide

Discussion on Character Guide within the Diablo 2 forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 85
--- >>> --- Skills --- <<< ---

20 Points into Teeth
20 Points into Bone Spear
20 Points into Bone Spirit
20 Points into Bone Wall
0 Points into Bone Prison (REMEMBER THIS)
1 Point into Decrepify optional
1 Point into Clay Golem

Teeth is mainly for people that are really hard to catch, like other Bone Necromancers. You won't really want to use this against Sorceresses, because their energy shield will suck it right up, and their Warmth will regnerate everything.

Bone Spear is your main attack, both PVP and PVM. This does massive damage if you build this right, and not to mention, it isn't too easy to dodge if you're really close.

Bone Spirit is a nice skill against other casters, such as Fist of the Heavens and many Sorceresses (mostly the only way to catch them).

Bone Wall is just a synergy, and useful against charging Paladins.

Decrepify is useful against all melee. Use it against all Zons, all Barbarians, Paladins, Assasins, melee Druids - all sorts of melee.

The Marrowwalk Bug is a glitch that will happen if you put ZERO points into Bone Prison. If you use Marrowwalks and have zero points into Bone Prison, you'll get a level 33 SYNERGY. This doesn't mean you get to use Bone Prison, you still don't get to use Bone Prison - it's just that it's as if you put 33 points into Bone Prison as a synergy.

--- >>> --- Statistics (Stats) --- <<< ---

Strength: (enough to wear your Enigma)
Dexterity: (none)
Vitality: (all)
Energy: (none)

The strength you have will depend on the Enigma you use. If you use a Mage Plate Enigma and a good stat Annihilus, it's highly likely that you will not have to put any points into Strength. If you use a Dusk Shroud Enigma, then you'll have to put a little. Do NOT use a high strength requirement Enigma.

--- >>> --- Equipment --- <<< ---

The equipment will vary on what you want. It will also vary on the dueling situation.

Public Duel Equipment

Weapon: Heart of the Oak (40% resists)
Armor: Enigma (use either: Breast Plate, Light Plate, Mage Plate or Dusk Shroud - any others will be too many points into strength)
Shield: 3/3/3 Darkforce Spawn, a +3 Bone Spear Splendor, or a Godly Rare Necromancer Head (+2 Necromancer, 20% FCR, +3 Bone Spear, etc.). A last resort would be to use UM Homoculus, but that's only if you hit the 125% breakpoint with the rest of your gear
Helmet: Godly Necromancer Tiara with Shael (ie. +2 Necromancer / 20% FCR / +life & mana / resists, possibly two sockets), a 1.08 Valkyrie Helm with Shael, or a Shael Shako
Amulet: Godly Crafted Necromancer Amulet with good FCR (10-20), Ghoul Heart, or Mara's Kaleidoscope
Boots: Marrowwalks. ONLY CHOICE HERE.
Rings: Any combination of: Rune Loop, Storm Loop, Eagle Turn, etc. If you don't have those on your realm, use godly duped rare rings or just Stone of Jordans.
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh, or a godly crafted caster belt.
Gloves: Wizardspike Gloves (highly not reccomended, they poof a LOT), Trang Oul Gloves
On switch: Call to Arms 6/6/4 + Lidless

Inventory: 10x PNB GC's, enough FHR PNB's to hit 86%.
20/5 SC's
20/20/x Annihilus

Private Duel Equipment
Weapon: White Wand, with +8 Bone Spear, possibly +5 Spirit and +x Decrepify (will make it so that you don't have to put points into Decrepify, save more points)
Armor: Enigma (use either: Breast Plate, Light Plate, Mage Plate or Dusk Shroud - any others will be too many points into strength)
Shield: 3/3/3 Darkforce Spawn, a +3 Bone Spear Splendor, or a Godly Rare Necromancer Head (+2 Necromancer, 20% FCR, +3 Bone Spear, etc.). A last resort would be to use UM Homoculus, but that's only if you hit the 125% breakpoint with the rest of your gear
Helmet: Godly Necromancer Tiara with Shael (ie. +2 Necromancer / 20% FCR / +life & mana / resists, possibly two sockets), a 1.08 Valkyrie Helm with Shael, or a Shael Shako
Amulet: Godly Crafted Necromancer Amulet with good FCR (10-20), Ghoul Heart, or Mara's Kaleidoscope
Boots: Marrowwalks. ONLY CHOICE HERE.
Rings: Any combination of: Rune Loop, Storm Loop, Eagle Turn, etc. If you don't have those on your realm, use godly duped rare rings or just Stone of Jordans. For a private duel, you might want to use a Nature's Peace for the Oak Sage.
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh, or a godly crafted caster belt.
Gloves: Wizardspike Gloves (highly not reccomended, they poof a LOT), Magefists (different from Public, the mana regenerate is godly in long duels)
On switch: Call to Arms 6/6/4 + Lidless

Inventory: 10x PNB GC's, enough FHR PNB's to hit 86%. If you're dueling a 86% FHR Necromancer, get enough FHR to hit 152%, if possible. Use as many 5% FHR SC's as you can to get there. With an extra breakpoint, it will be more beneficial. Of course, do it only if it's possible.
20/5 SC's (or 5% FHR ones)
20/20/x Annihilus

** Note: I believe that 5% FHR SC's have been proven to only be 4% FHR...

--- >>> --- In the Stash --- <<< ---

This is what I have in the stash, for people who Bad Manner you... or just if you need more DR, etc.

Ber/Ber COA (comes in handy... VERY handy)
Ber Stormshield
Um Homoculus
4x Lo Shield
4x Vex Shield
2x Wisp
2x Raven Frosts
2x Dwarf Star
Thundergod's Vigor
160 Resist Shield (Lightning)
Sanctuary Troll Nest

--- >>> --- Dueling Strategies --- <<< ---

Sorceress Sub-Category

ORB
----
Difficult as hell. They are one of the hardest ones. They usually will have a huge Energy Shield. Spam spirits and RUN. Teeth will do nearly nothing. IBS will be good too.

FIREBALL
-----------
Also very hard. You need Heart of the Oak for this one, to get resists. You also might want to use Homoculus. It's going to be 1-hit-KO anyways, but occasionally it won't. Spam spirits & run. IBS works too.

LIGHTNING
-------------
What I do is I decrepify them. I believe Lightning still works with IAS. Anyways, if it doesn't, then just get away. Lightning will hurt. Use Rune Loops to get lightning resist. Lightning has the shittiest FCR in the world, so if you get close, just spear from behind. IBS works too.

MELEE
-------
Decrepify. Spear. GG.

Druid Sub-Category

ELEMENTAL (WIND)
------------
You have more FCR than them. USE IT. Get a running start and since they can't catch up to you, make them follow you. In the mean time, use Teeth. They will get caught up in your teeth. Then they'll teleport on you. This is where you have to have good reflexes. Once they teleport on you, or look like they're teleporting, teleport about an inch on your monitor away and spear them to death.

ELEMENTAL (FIRE)
------------------
Spear, teeth, GG.

MELEE
--------
Decrepify, GG.

Assasin Sub-Category

Whirlwind Assasin
-----------------
Most public-dueling WW assasins suck. Just make sure you have max Poison Resists and sit there and tank them. Spear them. Decrepify if needed (if they're halfway decent). GG.
There are smart ones, though, that only Draogn Flight over. Decrepify, lock, GG.

Trappers
----------
God these are annoying. Make them on the offensive. If you go on the offensive, you will lose. Use IBS and Teeth to your advantage. You won't get close enough for spear. Trick them... fire spirits one way then the other, Trapping them. GG.

Kickers
-------
Okay - this gets hard. Put on Stormshield. Now, when they DF to you, make sure you're in the process of spamming spirits, or have them locked. Make sure you are never right in front of them. Use your Wind Druid reflexes and make it so that you are always away.

Necromancer Sub-Category

Poison
-------
These are not too difficult, because your things go farther than them. But, they don't need to lock you. Just use teeth and have them stunlocked. Stack poison resist.

Bone Necromancer
-----------------
Battle of the wits. Use all at your disposal. Teeth, Bone Spear, Bone Spriit - use them all. Use Teeth when they are decently far away. Spirit when they're off your map for IBS. Go rush in and spear from behind for the win. Never have less FHR or FCR than them, or you are at a SEVERE disadvantage.

Summoning/Bone or Summoning/Poison Hybrid
----------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry, but these are almost impossible. Fortunately, you won't see them much in private duels, as they are considered bad mannered. If they're good, they have the same FCR as you. And, they will lag you. And, they have a meat shield. Get your own summons and duel bad mannered, if needed.

Barbarian Sub-Category

WW Barbarians
----------------
I find these incredibly easy. If they are near you and about to teleport on you, teleport away, Decrepify, and Spear. If needed, spam Spirits.

Frenzy Barbarians
-----------------
Same as Whirlwind.

Warcry Barbarians
-----------------
Now this gets hard. They have more FCR than you, most likely more FHR than you, and certianly more life than you. But there's on thing: they have a smaller radius of attacks. They're going to catch up, but try tricking them and keeping ahead. Spear... Spirit... just do whatever you can.

Amazon Sub-Category

Bow Amazons
--------------
Go, teleport in a zig-zag fashion, and Decrepify them. If you can't handle their arrows, either use a Stormshield, or just play defensively and start using IBS.

Charged Strike
---------------
If they're not smart, they'll just keep running after you. Decrepify & spear away.
If they are smart, they'll use lightning fury, and when you get too close, Charged Strike. Play defensively and go back. Then, when they come into view, teleport in and shoot from the back.

Plague Javelin
---------------
Avoid the poison & shoot.

Paladin Sub-Category

Hammer Paladin
-----------------
They're going to teleport on top of you so be quick. Most likely, they'll be playing defensively. So, shoot spirits, and when they're in view, teleport away or they'll teleport on you and Hammer you to death. If they play offensively, teleport in a downward motion to avoid hammers from killing you.

FOH Paladin
-------------
This is nearly impossible, as with just a click of a button, they will kill you. If they charge straight at you, just spam spirits in their direction. But if they play defensively, you need to go in and shoot from behind them, and in the meantime, shoot spirits to trap them. This is a very hard duel versus a good FOH Paladin... but with some luck (well, actually, a LOT of luck) you can win.

Zeal/Charge/Smite Paladin
-----------------------
Bone wall. Decrepify. Spear.

Well, that's about it for a Bone Necromancer. When using one, remember to never walk. Walking will get you killed. Teleport is the key. Bone Necromancers use up mana very quickly, so remember to always carry a lot.

ALWAYS have 125% FCR, or you will die. NEVER have lower.

Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
0% 15 frames
9% 14 frames
18% 13 frames
30% 12 frames
48% 11 frames
75% 10 frames

Faster Hit Recover Breakpoints
0% 13
5% 12
10% 11
16% 10
26% 9
39% 8
56% 7
86% 6
152% 5
377% 4

Guide by xutz
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/22/2005, 17:53   #2

elite*gold: 0
Marrowwalk bug is fixed in 1.11, no?
Old 08/23/2005, 16:08   #3

Probably going to want to put all that into a text file.
Old 09/21/2009, 09:42   #4

elite*gold: 30
Aaah, ein *****-Guide ^^
Irgendwelche Ergänzungen?
Old 09/21/2009, 10:49   #5

Nice guide.
@ Tara: Not really
Old 09/21/2009, 16:12   #6

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by G[oz]U View Post