Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Diablo 2
You last visited: Today at 04:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Uncommon working RD solution (realmdown)

Discussion on Uncommon working RD solution (realmdown) within the Diablo 2 forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Uncommon working RD solution (realmdown)

One day i got a little longer than 5-10 min realm down but i am not sure what was the reason for it.

Feeling a little pissed on blizzard (for like 1000th time in my life ) I decided to use my time to find a working solution...

For those who don't have any idea how things work (others may skip it) here is a quick explanation.

1. Of course the internet overflows with a golden and nearly magic method to release and renew your ip. People who give such an advice to everyone lack basic knowledge about networking.
This method is efficient if you are on dynamic IP and each time you connect your ISP gives you new ip address. New IP = no RD.
How about a minority (i guess) of users who have static IP and seem to be screwed? I am amongst those people...
2. I have found a video on youtube presenting some program called hot spot shield (crap) connecting you to a VPN and I downloaded it, installed and... nada. Diablo 2 was stuck on "connecting to battle net" screen every single time.
Seeing i am not the first one to get such a response i stated this. The author suggested me - and this is what you want! It has worked for me...at long last after years of humbly waiting for every RD to end...
Now pros and cons:
  • + its free
  • + it should work every single time for anyone (ofc if you have dynamic IP just renew it)
  • + does not violate blizz ToS, does not modify any of the game files
  • + <1% probability of ban
  • + is safe: encryption
  • + very easy to use once installed
  • + a good 'just in case' option for 'while-muling' RD
  • + great for a short term usage, perfect to wait out your static IP RD
  • + shortens your RD - if won't try to connect on restricted IP, RD will wear off as soon as possible (we all know: more tries = longer RD)

• - free but limited in free version
  • - requires registration
  • - may and *will* slow down internet connection of some users (others wont feel the difference, depends on your location etc)
  • - after installation needs system restart
  • - whole installation (with registration) takes a couple minutes (if you got a 5min RD its a little pointless to install)
  • - can suck for long term usage

Please let me know what do you think about it, maybe you know it and use it? Or maybe you have questions? Feel free to ask
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/25/2011, 01:11   #2

well i thought i could receive some comment but ow well
enjoy if it works for you ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2011, 02:04   #3

I don't think that people trust you so keep waiting for comments.
Old 07/25/2011, 09:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_killerko View Post
I don't think that people trust you so keep waiting for comments.
are you dumb? this has nothing to do with trust, its a well known tool.

b2t: it works fine for me, tho i just used the free version now. imo the premium ones will make this to a very nice method to solve a realmdown.

thanks for help!
Old 09/23/2014, 13:07   #5

works perfectly thanks a lot!

Tags
realm down, realmdown rd proxy, solution, vpn