Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need help/advice

Discussion on Need help/advice within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need help/advice

ello! just to cut to the chase, I've got a dynamic ip which keeps changing on a weekly basis atm, only me and a few others screw around on it, question is, does someone have a winhex script handy that they wouldnt mind sharing for quick ip change in datapak? would be much appreciated and a life saver for me, since I'm not the most talented with winhex.
Old 08/23/2009, 10:09   #2

elite*gold: 20
You could use hamachi.
And if you really want to use a direct IP, then just upen up winhex, search for your old IP, make sure winhex is in edit-mode, change ur old IP to ur new one by just writing on it. But the problem is, that the ammount of numbers can be mismatched, so thats why I would recommend using a csv-based client.
And I can't make a script, because a script changes something into something else automaticly, and I don't know to what IP ur old IP changes, so I can't make a script.
Sorry if I made any typos, I'm in a hurry.
Old 08/24/2009, 05:44   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombe View Post
You could use hamachi.
And if you really want to use a direct IP, then just upen up winhex, search for your old IP, make sure winhex is in edit-mode, change ur old IP to ur new one by just writing on it. But the problem is, that the ammount of numbers can be mismatched, so thats why I would recommend using a csv-based client.
And I can't make a script, because a script changes something into something else automaticly, and I don't know to what IP ur old IP changes, so I can't make a script.
Sorry if I made any typos, I'm in a hurry.

Yes, i already knew how to edit ip's with winhex (csv as well) I guess Im not such a noob afterall, I made a working script for fast ip change drag/drop into winhex, for anyone else who needs to do this, just make a script using original ips that are needed to be replaced, you can later edit them using notepad with the script.