Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] itemupgrade.csv

Discussion on [Question] itemupgrade.csv within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] itemupgrade.csv

What is itemupgrade.csv used for?
Is there any checks/interaction with the server from this file while in game?

Basically what I'm asking is how can you tell which files are client sided and server sided when editing?
Old 04/07/2013, 17:10   #2

Almost all files that are into data/share folder are server side, while some others are client side.

Anyway itemupgrade is used to edit the %s, the price for uprading an item (+1/+9), which argate should be used for upgrade an item and if that item must be destroyed or if it goes back to +0 when the fortication fail. .. :\
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2013, 18:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo ☼ View Post
Almost all files that are into data/share folder are server side, while some others are client side.

Anyway itemupgrade is used to edit the %s, the price for uprading an item (+1/+9), which argate should be used for upgrade an item and if that item must be destroyed or if it goes back to +0 when the fortication fail. .. :\
Can you edit the .csv so the item will not be destroyed?

I''m currently testing out different csv's to see what is editable etc.
I edited the stat points per level. It shows up, but you can only distribute a certain amount of stat points. The rest will not distribute.
Is it possible to edit the "apply" packet and send it to the server?
Old 04/07/2013, 22:47   #4

If u would open itemupgrade and see thers at last colum what the item does when fails . And formula.ini is for stats and lvl edit it server and client side
Old 04/08/2013, 01:44   #5

Basically besides string changes everything in the share folder is read by the server as well as the client and cannot have only 1 side edited.

Meaning you can't "hack" a game by changing what your client reads since the server prevents the obvious attempts to gain an unfair advantage in gameplay.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2013, 17:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Genome. View Post
Basically besides string changes everything in the share folder is read by the server as well as the client and cannot have only 1 side edited.

Meaning you can't "hack" a game by changing what your client reads since the server prevents the obvious attempts to gain an unfair advantage in gameplay.
Thank you for your answer.
I was curious as to how editing the skill codes creates a spamming exploit which caused me to question what other exploits there are. Trying to get a better understanding in order to prevent it on my server.
Old 04/08/2013, 19:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by animejo View Post
Thank you for your answer.
I was curious as to how editing the skill codes creates a spamming exploit which caused me to question what other exploits there are. Trying to get a better understanding in order to prevent it on my server.
Skills in particular are kinda weird.

I know the stylecode can be changed client side but results in the skill being grayed out since it doesn't match the servers stylecode for the skill.

MP/CD can bug out when server/client have different values.

I've heard about the "skill hack" through editing csvs but I've never done it so idk.