Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Game modding?

Discussion on Game modding? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Received Thanks: 1,335
Game modding?

Hello, I see that you guys have some great pservers, modified content and stuff. I'm kind of interested in learning some of it and I think that changing something in dekaron would be a great lesson and some great fun.
I don't need full tutorials on how to do that stuff, just the name of the software needed, the rest I can manage on my own.

So my questions:
1)Your favorite texture editing software?

2)Can I edit animations, and the "skeletons" of stuff (great example, I want the ak to hold his shield up-side-down)?

3) What exactly do I need to make stuff like custom skills? (not just change the color, but some REAL custom skills and animations)

4)What exactly do I need to set up actions like custom dances?

Once again, I only need the software names. (though if there are any - tutorials would be great)

Thank you for your time,
TheConArtist
Old 10/06/2011, 20:26   #2

elite*gold: 0
add me on msn i dont mind you teaching my knowledge (:
pmed
1) i personally prefere to gimp because i found it to be easier to handle
i think photoshop has more possibilities once you get used to it tho

2) since its not possible to import meshes back into the game i dont think you can do anything about it

3)&4) as i said in 2) i dont think you can built new ones from the scratch but you can do swaps and make them look like new animations
i am working on skills either so i would appreciate someone to work together with
Old 10/06/2011, 23:39   #3

add me too on msn :-p

for rescripting,modding or creating stuff

or
Old 10/07/2011, 00:19   #4

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
I think that Con is simply wanting to learn how to do it, not to get someone to do everything...

And as for textures, I think that PS is way better than Gimp, but yes there is a good point on the fact that Gimp is way easier to use.

Now on the new animations and such, not sure if that could be done as you would have to be able to take all the virtual skeleton of each class to see how is that it interacts while performing any skill (first) to be able to see if there is any possible way to create one and add it to the client, and getting it to work for each class, would be awesome to know though, if anyone has that knowledge already
Old 10/07/2011, 06:19   #5

John is right, I want to learn stuff, the best way to do it without slowing me or anyone else down is by doing it on my own.
I'm downloading a LOAD of software right now (gimp, photoshop, Maya, 3DS max, Motion builder), I'm also downloading the Unity game engine to see what I could do with it and some dekaron files. This should be fun.
Old 10/07/2011, 09:20   #6

well i use gimp2.6 with the dds plug in works very well for me plenty of tutorial on how to use plus its free i have had any problems with ps is better if u can get a copy but it is really up to when i compared it had just about everything ps some ppl use a program called paint.net let me know how it goes
Old 10/07/2011, 15:14   #7

well you can kinda recreate dekaron in unity but it would be a huge load of work (i would be interested in helping you on that but im not experienced on that area)
reimporting what you did in maya/3ds max is not possible except you are able to make a converter
if you are new to those programms i can give you the link to some tutorials (as pm no advertising here :P) which i found to be pretty usefull
Old 10/07/2011, 15:48   #8

I am using a student account at Autodesk, so I get their software free and a load of tutorials to go with it. I love those guys. Still I do want to work on my own, because I don't really like it when I have to rely on someone.
Old 10/07/2011, 16:08   #9

1:Photoshop
2:Possible but idk how.
3:i can teach you,it isn't hard but VERY time consuming
4:not hard at all
Old 10/07/2011, 16:15   #10

So I did some reading, custom dances and stuff need to be programmed in Lua. Now for the rest.