Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server Error

Discussion on Server Error within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Server Error

This is the first time I've come across this error and I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to fix it.

When I'm on my server, running around and killing monsters, I end up getting this error in the console:
<OVER SPEED> CHAR [my name]

I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it.

PS: I did search forum, and I seen 2 posts on 1 click server post which both said it was to do with the announcement. Since it effects normal players and no announcement used, it obviously isn't.

Any help would be great <3
Old 04/16/2011, 00:53   #2

Watch the server CPU usage, does it go up? Is the server followed by a crash when this happens?

On an old server I worked for (ADK), every now and then this would come up and spam with every person online, then follow by a crash.
Old 04/16/2011, 01:14   #3

It's got 16GB of ram and 2.4ghz quad core cpu in the server, so it doesn't even touch 40% usage at any given point.

If you don't stop and relog right away, the client crashes, but the server keeps running.

Originally I thought it was an issue with a non matching file, but I replaced everything just to see, and it's a 100% match for every file... I'm not sure what the problem is.
Old 04/16/2011, 03:41   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrobin99 View Post
It's got 16GB of ram and 2.4ghz quad core cpu in the server, so it doesn't even touch 40% usage at any given point.

If you don't stop and relog right away, the client crashes, but the server keeps running.

Originally I thought it was an issue with a non matching file, but I replaced everything just to see, and it's a 100% match for every file... I'm not sure what the problem is.
Download a clean A3 client + server files and use the Dekaron.exe and DekaronServer.exe.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but a lot of times I've done some modifications to the client .exe that makes the server spit out a bunch of errors, and doesn't shut up until the same changes are done to the DekaronServer.exe (if necessary).

Maybe someone else on EPVP can tell us what causes this error.

Goodluck.